• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster (1-6) | E3 Reveal

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I didn't see an example of what the final result looks like. Did I miss that somewhere?
Big Brother Shrug GIF by Big Brother After Dark

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
The way they remade FFVI looks goofy on Steam and iOS. Why can’t they just leave well enough alone? Pretty soon playing these games on NES/SNES is going to be the only way to enjoy their nostalgia.
I think (?) this is what this collection is trying to remedy?

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I think (?) this is what this collection is trying to remedy?
I have no idea what they’re trying to announce either. They showcase a bunch of classic entries in the Final Fantasy series and then say they’re making something at the end. I would have given the viewer some screenshots. Here’s what you hate and this is what you want.

As much as this is obviously a cash grab, I hope this comes to Switch physically - it would be incredible to have a system with all the classic (numbered) FFs on carts.

I wonder if the older games will include the GBA extra content?

Awesome but no Switch ? :(

I have ff 7,8,9,10,10-2, and 12 on the switch, give us the first 6 square!! Who makes these dicesions? Doesn't mobile already have ports of these games?
Also these old pixel games on Windows we can use an emulator already, cant do that on switch.....arrgh...

jshackles

Best case scenario: all games are made to look like the PSP release of Final Fantasy IV.

Worst case scenario: "pixel perfect" to Square Enix means "smear it with vasoline"

They'll just be straight ports costing $20, that's why they didn't show them.

If they had any sense they'd be redoing Final Fantasy 6 in Octopath style
$20 a peiece , highway robbery.. They should be in one collection on the switch for $40 (or hell id even pay 60 for all 6) just do it already. Who plays this on their phone anyway? People who phone game usually play those dumb f2p crap anyway. Why no switch square, you really don't want my money do you? Almost as bad as Sony not wanting to sell me a ps5.

Kirazuki_01

Neo Member
Best case scenario: all games are made to look like the PSP release of Final Fantasy IV.

Worst case scenario: "pixel perfect" to Square Enix means "smear it with vasoline"
The PSP version of FFIV is gorgeous. The redrawn sprites look so good and everything looked like love was put into it. SE have gone out of their way to ignore that beautiful work, release the ugliest ports of FFV and VI and then come up with the announcement (using that term loosely) where they continue to ignore consoles. Consoles helped them massively become the company they are today and this is a slap in the face of FF fans everywhere.

ssringo

New Final Fantasy? Playstation (timed?) exclusive. Kingdom Hearts on PC? Epic Game Store (timed?) exclusive. Dragon Quest 11? Switch (timed) exclusive content and then no upgrade path for original release owners. Classic Final Fantasy Remasters? Mobile and Steam (timed?) exclusive.

I'm so done with Square Enix and their bullshit.

Beelzebubs

The only Final Fantasies I don't own on Steam are 1 + 2 (don't think they're available) so I'm hoping they give me a good reason to double dip.

Last edited:
Top Bottom