• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Pixel Remaster...April 19th for PS4 and Switch!

ManaByte

Will these still have the fucked up fonts? You were able to mod them out in the Steam versions.

Last edited:

Pelao

Do these have the quality of life features of other Final Fantasy remasters like being able to fast forward or disable random encounters, or should I just keep emulating?
The only old FF that at this point I can afford the time to play from start to finish without those is FF1 due to how short it is.

sloppyjoe_gamer

Gold Member
Do these have the quality of life features of other Final Fantasy remasters like being able to fast forward or disable random encounters, or should I just keep emulating?
The only old FF that at this point I can afford the time to play from start to finish without those is FF1 due to how short it is.

You can disable random encounters, and you can also boost xp up to 4 times for battles too!

Lone Wolf

The trailer shows those options

Variahunter

I mean there’s a trailer, if you have eyes you should get the info.

The real question though…will there be a platinum trophy for each of the six games?
parks and recreation please GIF

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I will buy this……….someday when not so many god damn games coming out….fuck me! Why all decided to release their game on April!?

Paltheos

Most of them are quite short. I got all the Steam achievements for most of the PRs, and 1 is the shortest but not by a large margin:

FF1: 15.4 hours
FF2: 22.7 hours
FF3: 17.9 hours
FF4: 19.3 hours
FF5: 48.7 hours
FF6: (Haven't played the PR)

alf717

The font is a bit thin looking. The PC fix looked better to me but I'll take it. Its great you can use the original soundtracks now. Can't wait for my Playasia copy to arrive.

Last edited:

skit_data

Been waiting for this announcement for quite a while, definitely getting the pixel remasters because I remember FF6 being really good but I never finished it.

Nydius

Since Square-Enix is still out of their goddamn minds asking $74.99 for the entire bundle, looks like I’ll only be picking up 4 and 6 individually, spread out over a few months time.

If it had been $59.99 for the entire bundle, I would have bought it all.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
New font? Best new feature coming! Btw there’s no mention of when the actual physical release will happen… look at it being way after the digital one ☝️

mopspear

I bought these on Steam but the stuttering while walking was so bad that I wasn't able to play them. I don't know if most people don't notice it or it's just a problem on some hardware. It's a big enough problem that some people have been hacking the game to reduce or increase the walk speed to match it with the games scroll speed so that it's smooth. It still doesn't fix it 100 percent. Smooth scrolling isn't exactly hard to do in a game like this. They better fix it this time.

Killer8

Pre-ordered the Switch physical on Play-Asia as soon as the font fix was confirmed. Not a bad price compared to the eShop version.

Punished Miku

Gold Member
Since Square-Enix is still out of their goddamn minds asking $74.99 for the entire bundle, looks like I’ll only be picking up 4 and 6 individually, spread out over a few months time.

If it had been $59.99 for the entire bundle, I would have bought it all.
$12.50 a game is pretty cheap. It's 6 full games if you want all of it.

Kev Kev

The font looks better, but if I'm being brutally honest, it's still looks a little small lol. But I think it's a big improvement over what it was. I don't really care if the font is aesthetically pleasing, I just need it to be big enough to read and keep the game functional.

Other than that, everything look and sounds great. I can't wait to finally play 1 through 5, and replay 6 which is one of my favorite FF's.

Last edited:
Top Bottom