• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balphon

Proud Clod was kind of a joke. I only lost the 1 medal for actions taken, though I'm not really sure it's feasible not to.

Still, I feel like Schizo will make me tear my hair out. Going to run Tifa through the XP daily before I give it a shot.

Farming Blue Dragon here still. 20 stam for 20k xp (multiplied by ffvi bonus) and 30k gil and about 1/6th greater summon orb, why not
I just beat BD for the first time. Should I focus on farming it until the event is over, or would one of the new EX+ fights be better farm spots?

Vorpal

Good luck dude. It took me a week's worth of stamina to finally get it.

Damn, I'm not quite up to a week's worth of stamina yet. I've had about three and a half days where that's all I've done on FFRK though. It's crazy to watch Josef climb in levels off of something like 2500 experience per battle

Narag

Didn't realize I needed to master the boss rush to open the EX++ fight on the physical side. Totally forgot holy on the last guy or I'd have had it a couple days ago. Oh well, will worry about this stuff on Monday I think once i have hp bars.

I too keep losing three stars on schizo. I think I'll try a few more times here and here but may wait for th eupdate with ho bars to time a magic breakdown right before killing each head

I too keep losing three stars on schizo. I think I'll try a few more times here and here but may wait for th eupdate with ho bars to time a magic breakdown right before killing each head
Someone on reddit said that dragon fang dispels all break debuffs before casting.

You need to have super high resistance buffs on your party before each head dies but timing that is really hard because that generally just when they start to run out. I think this is one of the first fights that almost requires 5* synergy armor for practically the entire party if you want mastery.

johnsmith

remember me
Proud Clod is fucking impossible with my shitty mages. My spells are nowhere near honed enough to beat him, I run out way too fast, and he has too much hp. Gonna try advantage/retaliate, and if i still can't do it just going to give up. Prizes are nothing special anyway.

Someone on reddit said that dragon fang dispels all break debuffs before casting.

You need to have super high resistance buffs on your party before each head dies but timing that is really hard because that generally just when they start to run out. I think this is one of the first fights that almost requires 5* synergy armor for practically the entire party if you want mastery.

Oh, hmm. I guess it's time to hone Shellga to r2 and use it once at the beginning and periodically. Or count damage which I am loathe to do.

Balphon

Sounds all sorts of not worth the effort.

johnsmith

remember me
Proud Clod down with Retaliate + Advantage + both Masamue and One Winged Angel. Lost like 4 stars, no way am I mastering this either.

This is seriously a BS fight and I can see it being impossible for a lot of people if they didn't get the right equipment from their draws.

What a pain in the dick. Took 5 or 6 attempts (plus lots of s/l) trying out different abilities and characters. I finally mastered Schizo with this setup. SG roaming warrior.

E7drL9e.jpg

My party HP levels at the end.

D8rf90Q.jpg

The two shellgas were enough. Cloud is charging up a third use via the minotaur armor but, as you can see, it wasn't needed.

With boost and armor break, Cloud was hitting for right around 5k/hit, 6k with breakdown.

Those without 5* VII weapon/armor...good fucking luck.

TheGatsby

New school semester just started for me and it's pretty intense. Been playing since week 1 and haven't missed an event yet. But I think it's time for a break. Bye recordkeeper GAF!

Xclash

can't grow facial hair
Proud Clod down with Retaliate + Advantage + both Masamue and One Winged Angel. Lost like 4 stars, no way am I mastering this either.

This is seriously a BS fight and I can see it being impossible for a lot of people if they didn't get the right equipment from their draws.

It's just much easier to blind Proud Clod with Dark Buster and use Magic spells + Mental Break/Breakdown after taking down the armor piece.

Finally Mastered Schizo. First time I tried Advance + Retaliate and I lost 3 medals. It didn't help that I spaced out during the fight and forgot to use my second Advance. The damage reduction happened exactly when I took out the first head so I thought that the other head got a defence increase.

I tried it again with SG. It took a couple of S/L until I was able to figure out when to use SG again so it was always activated. With SG, Shellga and Magic Breakdown he was hitting for around 100 damage. I used Retaliate on Sephiroth and they went down without too much of an issue. He was using a Masamune+ which is my strongest FF7 weapon.

I went and got shellga from the battle arena so I could go back and do edgar / cecil heroics. :3. The trash in the castle leading up to blue dragon is still giving me trouble though. I'm like 2-3 actions short of mastery on the 3rd area and it's annoying me.

johnsmith

remember me
It's just much easier to blind Proud Clod with Dark Buster and use Magic spells + Mental Break/Breakdown after taking down the armor piece.

I tried magic. I ran out of abilities and he was still alive. I don't have a single 5* rod and don't have multiple max honed thundagas.

Wazzy

Banned
Cleared boss rush and the extra stage but for some reason I didn't master the proudclad fight even though I had pretty much full HP. Ah well, I'll probably attempt it again to master it. I don't know if I'll even attempt the boss rush for knight path.
New school semester just started for me and it's pretty intense. Been playing since week 1 and haven't missed an event yet. But I think it's time for a break. Bye recordkeeper GAF!

Why not just play a tiny bit once a day? I understand it's easy to get addicted but just use a bit of stamina to get easy stuff done.

Yeah I think Sentinel Grimoire is the way to go for Schizo.

Scared of Proudclod.

He's not too bad. You can blind him with RW Sephiroth or just use blind moves and save the RW for Sentinal. I just have trouble mastering the fight because damage tokens are assholes and minus even though my hp is full.

broz0rs

I started playing this game two days ago and I like it very much. I play a lot of Brave Frontier, so this game was seamless to get into.

I did my first relic pulls as well. Did the three pull deal and one of them was Crystal Glove. I don't have Tifa yet so I have to get cracking on that.

Falk

that puzzling face
I started playing this game two days ago and I like it very much. I play a lot of Brave Frontier, so this game was seamless to get into.

I did my first relic pulls as well. Did the three pull deal and one of them was Crystal Glove. I don't have Tifa yet so I have to get cracking on that.

God hates me

God hates all of us

I just beat BD for the first time. Should I focus on farming it until the event is over, or would one of the new EX+ fights be better farm spots?

Not sure to be honest. Although I'm pretty certain the droprate for GSO off Blue Dragon++ is more than 2/48, or I'm lucky enough to go buy lottery tickets right now (8 GSO so far off 2 1/2 days of farming, plenty of 3* Summon Orbs). I -think- there might be an issue with the spreadheet/FFRKI thinking both Blue Dragon in the last stage and Blue Dragon++ are the same mob?

Beat Proud Clod. Finally.

At first I had Cloud in my party for thundara strikes but that didn't work out since he has way too much hp. Went with an all Mage party, with dark buster to blind and magic breakdown to mitigate, and Rinoa RW. Beat him with my last spell. Lost three medals.

I wish I had better FFVII mage gear. I don't know if I can be bothered mastering... Maybe I'll hone up after power/Black Tuesday and try again.

Nohar

I may skip the EX++ fights of this event... At least, I think I won't be able to get Mastery (almost no FFVII weapons, so no synergy, and decently honed abilities can only get you so far against Proud Clod). And I'll be fine with it. In any case I need Tifa to reach level 50 at least if I don't want her to be a liability against the two-headed dragon, so I'll take her to the Sunday Dungeon.

That being said: do you think it is worth crafting and honing Mental Breakdown? I don't have that much 4* Non-elemental orbs, and I'm worried I might be in trouble if I can't hone the future new abilities.

*sigh* I really need a good ranged weapon... And hoping to get Vega with the FFXIII banner is a sure way to get disappointed (like I was when I rolled for Squall and Balthier's banners). I keep telling myself I shouldn't pull before the celebration banners, but this is getting increasingly difficult.

Falk

that puzzling face
Heh, I'm not even bothering till after EXP daily to pump all my mages to 65 for a Hail Mary, then I'll give Clod one shot, and then if the numbers don't work out I'm going to do it again after Lightning/Wind daily (pump a few Mythril into that sucka even)

My three best rods are Binding Rod (5* FFXIII), Gravity Rod (4* FFVI) and Light Rod (4* FFIII quest reward ololo)

Worst case I'm going to be pumping these summon orbs I've been farming into a Ramuh and Ixion. r5 of those (eventually, heh) will come in handy for Omega Weapon in distant future anyway.

I'm considering two base strategies, both based around 1 action and damage taken each - Sentinel Grimoire no-healer, of which I have a lot of practice with Blue Dragon. Healing isn't an issue really. If I've taken enough damage to die, I've taken enough damage to lose 2 medals anyway. The other is a slight revision, being Lunatic High instead. Not sure if Beam Cannon is magic damage, and mitigation is less than SG, but the benefit here is more damage (It SHOULD work out to a higher outgoing/incoming damage ratio over time) AND you can squeeze in three rounds into each breakdown rather than two. Every Breakdown action is an action wasted on not doing damage.

I'm considering two base strategies, both based around 1 action and damage taken each - Sentinel Grimoire no-healer, of which I have a lot of practice with Blue Dragon. Healing isn't an issue really. If I've taken enough damage to die, I've taken enough damage to lose 2 medals anyway. The other is a slight revision, being Lunatic High instead. Not sure if Beam Cannon is magic damage, and mitigation is less than SG, but the benefit here is more damage (It SHOULD work out to a higher outgoing/incoming damage ratio over time) AND you can squeeze in three rounds into each breakdown rather than two. Every Breakdown action is an action wasted on not doing damage.

Beam Cannon is Proud Clod's only magic-based attack. Everything else is physical. Keep whoever has magic breakdown on standby and activate the second you see him readying his beam.

I -think- there might be an issue with the spreadheet/FFRKI thinking both Blue Dragon in the last stage and Blue Dragon++ are the same mob?
The inspector only considers dungeon and battle. Mobs don't come into it. It is saying 2/48 for Blue Dragon++. Ancient Castle on the other hand is 1/17.

I found proud clod to be very easy, but I did spend considerable time tweaking my lineup by running the Mage boss rush and using the damage tables for rm usage. That said, if you have the light rod as your best mag weapon, you are hosed here.

Need 1 mental/power breakodown.
3 bmages
1 wmage

Lunatic high rw

Wmage not for healing, for protecga and diara
I had vivi with a 4 rod using thundaga r4 attunement 2
Rydia guard stick comet r4 and devotion. This hit the cap
Quistis 4 rod thundaja r2 waterja r2, think I used rod mastery

Diara iirc hit for 4-5k damage so four shots of that was the equivalent of 2 thundajas more or less. I have a 5++j staff for huge mnd.

Road

Proudclad (left). My face when I saw I brought that r1 Thundaga by mistake... But even if I had put what I wanted (r4 Thundaga) it wouldn't have helped. That should have been Magic Breakdown. Given that mistake, I s/l 43 times (yep, it would have probably been better to give up and fix my setup) to get a fight where I would hit Blind on the first try and Proudclad would either use the beam once or not at all. Butterfly Edge "forced" me bring Cloud, because he could hit 8k with Thundara Strike despite the 1453 def of the boss, and as you can see, my rod situation is dire. I did have a 2* Mythril Rod (VII), but those are farmable (FFVII Red Dragon elite), so if you don't have good rods or a FFVII synergy sword, going for them might be a good idea. Even Red XIII can Thundaja for 9999 with the Mythril Clip. There are options here.

Schizo (right). This one, on the other hand, was so easy *ducks*. I only had to s/l once because he got two AOE attacks before I could put Shellga up. That is obviously due to the 5* synergy weapon, without one, I don't know if I could do it.

Yes, I have Tifa's Grand Glove, which helps, but I think it was mostly inconsequential to both fights: Proudcoud, she was hitting for 1.5k with the Breaks; Schizo she was mostly hitting double cut on Cloud.

698dpiTO0y8YuyG5alwBmLV5a4ujocIZXV1CPcM2S-IW=w350-no
TupxXEWTP7HnsMdRqo-qtmSxFcnLfiZ-hVy64ig1RdW_=w350-no

Heh, I'm not even bothering till after EXP daily to pump all my mages to 65 for a Hail Mary, then I'll give Clod one shot, and then if the numbers don't work out I'm going to do it again after Lightning/Wind daily (pump a few Mythril into that sucka even)

My three best rods are Binding Rod (5* FFXIII), Gravity Rod (4* FFVI) and Light Rod (4* FFIII quest reward ololo)

I found proud clod to be very easy, but I did spend considerable time tweaking my lineup by running the Mage boss rush and using the damage tables for rm usage. That said, if you have the light rod as your best mag weapon, you are hosed here.

I can't at this Light Rod dis! It is a great weapon for this due to the 20% extra Lightning damage. =P

MicH

Not gonna attempt the Tifa event EX++ battles just yet. I need to wait for tomorrow to get her up to 50 or somewhat close to that. Been spending today completing some of the elites I still haven't done. Close to 110 stamina now!

Razmos

I can't at this Light Rod dis! It is a great weapon for this due to the 20% extra Lightning damage. =P
I was looking at this thinking "Is he talking about a different weapon than the Light Rod that I have? It doesn't add lightning damage"
I then logged on to check and holy shit it does. I've been using it forever and never noticed. goddamn.

Anyway, it feels damn good to finally have Shellga.

Negator

Mastered both sides. I didn't expect to be able to master the Mage side with all my shit gear, but I guess Record Materia really helps for stuff like this.

Mastered Schizo after 4 attempts. What a pain in the ass. First 2 were with a party heal RW, 3rd was Luneth, 4th was SG. Lost 1 medal for actions and 2 for damage the first 3 attempts, even with Luneth. Needed SG to only lose 1 medal for damage.
Farming Blue Dragon here still. 20 stam for 20k xp (multiplied by ffvi bonus) and 30k gil and about 1/6th greater summon orb, why not

edit: Spreadsheet says 2 in 48 runs. I guess I've been very lucky? I've gotten 5 so far lol
Looks like the 3* rates are still pretty good there so even if the chance for a 4* is small, it looks like a good place to farm since it's a single battle that can be repeated. I think I'll spend the rest of the day trying it out before going back to the Tifa boss rush.

Negator

Mastered Schizo after 4 attempts. What a pain in the ass. First 2 were with a party heal RW, 3rd was Luneth, 4th was SG. Lost 1 medal for actions and 2 for damage the first 3 attempts, even with Luneth. Needed SG to only lose 1 medal for damage.

People ran the math on that fight and it's nearly impossible to champion Schizo without Sentinel Grimoire. Part of what happens when a head dies is that it removes status effects, so Magic Break(down) falls off before he uses it. Without Shellga and Sentinel Grimoire you just lose too many medals.

You still want to bring Magic Break(down) for the boss because all they do is spam magic, but damn what a bastard.

Finally got schizo.

I swapped in red which boosted my hp by 1000. I equipped all the hp boosting accessories, I think increasing my total by 900. I honed Shellga to r2. Assuming the mitigation so would be up at all times, I figured higher hp would be better than minimally higher res. I have solid res armors to begin with, two regal gowns and a couple light armors. Liberal use of magic break and breakdown

If. Cloud or sephiroth don't have an rs sword or Katana, this is going to be a tough one.

I lost one medal, to action.

elty

Master the knight path, the key is having both magic break and breakdown to hit both head, and don't drop SG to early, or it will fade before Dragon fang. Buster sword help alot.

Mage side is much easier because proud clod has no ae.

So I think my days of playing Record Keeper are over

My phone was either stolen or fell out of my pocket at the theater because it was gone when I got out to my car and it couldn't be found anywhere I had been nor had any of the employees found it. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll find it and call me, but I'm not feeling lucky about that. Never was able to back up my account to another apple device because I don't have any other devices >:[

I have insurance on it so I'll get it replaced, but I doubt I'll be able to get anything that was on the phone back

Negator

My phone was either stolen or fell out of my pocket at the theater because it was gone when I got out to my car and it couldn't be found anywhere I had been nor had any of the employees found it. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll find it and call me, but I'm not feeling lucky about that. Never was able to back up my account to another apple device because I don't have any other devices >:[

I have insurance on it so I'll get it replaced, but I doubt I'll be able to get anything that was on the phone back

Did you ever send an e-mail to DeNA through the app? If you did it has all your account information and it may be possible to recover. If not, you can try shooting them an e-mail. They have account retention methods that they did not have at launch, so not all hope is lost.

I hope you just get your phone back though!

elty

I found that my account is automatically sync to my Google account, so when I login to my second device it automatically connect to the same profile.

The game syncs to Game Center (and probably Android's version of that), you might be okay once you log in on the new phone.

Also, does your phone not do a daily backup?

This is a reminder to everybody to screenshot your User ID (from Menu > Prevent Data Loss > Upload Data) and eMail it to yourself or put it on your Google Drive, etc.

Did you ever send an e-mail to DeNA through the app? If you did it has all your account information and it may be possible to recover. If not, you can try shooting them an e-mail. They have account retention methods that they did not have at launch, so not all hope is lost.

I hope you just get your phone back though!

I found that my account is automatically sync to my Google account, so when I login to my second device it automatically connect to the same profile.

The game syncs to Game Center (and probably Androids version of that), you might be okay once you log in on the new phone.

Also, does your phone not do a daily backup?

This is a reminder to everybody to screenshot your User ID (from Menu > Prevent Data Loss > Upload Data) and eMail it to yourself or put it on your Google Drive, etc.

I occasionally backed it up to my computer but I have no idea if I ever did after installing Record Keeper. Is the User ID the same thing as the friend code you give people to get their friend summon? I posted that in this thread maybe that can help (my RK was named Tyro sadly)

I occasionally backed it up to my computer but I have no idea if I ever did after installing Record Keeper. Is the User ID the same thing as the friend code you give people to get their friend summon? I posted that in this thread maybe that can help (my RK was named Tyro sadly)
No, that's not it, it's like a sixteen digit number.

I'm confident you'll be fine (assuming you were logged in to Game Center or Google Play), but you should really turn on your phone's nightly backup feature for everything else.

No, that's not it, it's like a sixteen digit number.

I'm confident you'll be fine (assuming you were logged in to Game Center or Google Play), but you should really turn on your phone's nightly backup feature for everything else.

Well when I get a new phone I'll try and do that, though I can't even think of the last time I opened Game Center :X

Well when I get a new phone I'll try and do that, though I can't even think of the last time I opened Game Center :X
You don't need to actually open the Game Center app, if you're logged in, it's automatic, and if you're not logged in, it typically prompts you to.

When you started the FFRK app, did you see the "Welcome Back, [UserName]." banner come down from the top of the screen?

Vorpal

Aw man, that sucks :( Hope your phone turns up. If you can get your FFRK account restored, all the better!

I'm sure you've checked all over, but did you take a good look under your driver's seat and the seat behind that? That is somehow always where I lose my phone and then it slides around while I'm driving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom