• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT| The only ATB here is Active Time Battle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Spent 150 gems and all I got are some terrible gloves for a character I don't like and some glove armor. Might as well just delete the app at this point. I can't even imagine the salt if I put money into this thing. lol

Vorpal

Yea, I almost feel bad.

Forgive my ignorance, I know why people want the BF Saber, but why are the Vega's sought after?

I believe it's a combination of the useful Shellga + Haste SB, people liking Sazh, and a general lack of decent gun weapons/FFXIII weapons. Kind of like when the Diamond Pin came around

I'm also expecting see Vega-wielding RWs to make baaaaaaank

Holy shit, I hate all of you!
Congrats!

I did a 11x, a 3x, and the 100 gems. Not one piece of XIII gear. I did pull one 5*, some FFVIII sword but damnit, I wanted the Blazefire or Vega bad. T_T

I still have 195 or so mythril but.....must...resist..... >_>

Falk

that puzzling face
How do I know you didn't make this website just now?

You can't get one over on me, Falk. :p

Oh pls I do music stuff for Square Enix but even that's beyond me.

I used to do html/websites in notepad back in 1996 help

93bs if you want a Sazh with Boon.

I am disappointed your quote isn't JEEEEEENKINS. :(

The infamous complaining-on-GAF effect at work.

You know how two days ago I was being cynical about my three best rods being Binding Rod XIII (5*), Gravity Rod VI (4*) and Light Rod III (4*) w.r.t. Proudclad?

Well.

Yeah.

iPNEIcn.jpg

First two pulls hand zero 5* and I raged, then the third and last had 3 rainbows and I pretty much had a heart attack, died, and respawned IRL.

So much for hoarding Mythril for SB Celebration or gacha change though. It's all gone. :(

Game keeps crashing after battles...what the heck.

That happens to me from time to time when playing on an emulated Nexus 7 in Genymotion but never happens on my Nexus 5. It's incredibly frustrating when it happens after a long, tough boss fight since it crashes just before the win screen, making you fight it all over again.

MicH

Just got my 15th mythril and did a 3 pull despite getting shit for pulls. Hunter's Rod and Genji Shield! FINALLY a 5* rod!!

Vorpal

Like is he good at shield breaking and lowering enemies offense and defense?

He has Support 5 so, like Wakka, he can use any of the Breakdowns to debuff enemies from the back row (or hit flying enemies). Unlike Wakka, Sazh can also use Black Magic 3 and White Magic 3, so you could load him up with stuff like Silencega/Curaga or Gravity/Stop when necessary. Of course, Sazh's relic SB really pushes him over in terms of usefulness.

Both characters are pretty heavily dependent on rare equipment in order to deal decent damage though. And they're nearly identical in terms of stats at level 65 (+ or - 5 points here and there.)

Did an 11 pull and got a Blitz Sword and Kaiser Knuckles. I did another one and got 0 5*s. Got so mad that I did another single pull and got a Danjuro. Too bad I already have one. 105 mithril and no Blazefire Sabre and Vega 42. I guess I need to level up Snow now.

Razmos

1 100 gem pull, 1 11 pull, 1 paid 3 pull and 1 5 mythril pull.

Sanctum Gloves, 3 4* items, and all the rest were crappy 3*.
Why do I even do this again?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
1 100 gem pull, 1 11 pull, 1 paid 3 pull and 1 5 mythril pull.

Sanctum Gloves, 3 4* items, and all the rest were crappy 3*.
Why do I even do this again?
I certainly feel like I'm done with the game. People like Narag kept telling me to wait for Lightning and I think it was the most disappointing time I've had with a FF game outside of the first 10 hours of FF13. I can't even imagine how I'd feel if I had put money into this game, especially when you see how RNG favours some over others based on this thread alone.

I don't even have a problem with RNG based progression. But when you are given 3* or 4* items that are better off being sold for Gil, what's the point of even playing? You're literally better off doing nothing than spending money on the game. How does that remotely make sense as f2p design? I don't think I've ever been as angry playing a f2p game as I have after tonight.

hamchan

I certainly feel like I'm done with the game. People like Narag kept telling me to wait for Lightning and I think it was the most disappointing time I've had with a FF game outside of the first 10 hours of FF13. I can't even imagine how I'd feel if I had put money into this game, especially when you see how RNG favours some over others based on this thread alone.

I don't even have a problem with RNG based progression. But when you are given 3* or 4* items that are better off being sold for Gil, what's the point of even playing? You're literally better off doing nothing than spending money on the game. How does that remotely make sense as f2p design? I don't think I've ever been as angry playing a f2p game as I have after tonight.

!!!

I sure hope you didn't do this. You can combine them and make them 5 stars. Even though they might be weaker than usual 5 stars the record synergy still makes them powerful.

Falk

that puzzling face

Well, that's the point. You get psychoed into 'just one more pull'. Regardless of whether it's a good or bad design (it's bad) it's making them a shit ton of money off people like that one crazy Reddit guy who pulls until he gets one of each relic.

Like I said until a critical mass of people start leaving, nothing's going to change. We all knew earlier on that there's going to be a gacha % change up in future* and it's one's individual decision to splurge on this banner.

Not victim blaming. Just putting things in perspective here. My first two 11-pulls on this banner hit 0 5*s after all so it could very well be me making your rant.

* which, while not solving the problem, mitigates it as 12.5% is mathematically ~half as likely to hit a 20 streak with no 5*s than a 10% rate, even if it's only 25% more 5* items in a completely average, large-sample-size pull. It's still a bad system, don't get me wrong.

And yes, I don't understand people who don't get use out of 4* items. Those can easily go into the ~140 stat range, which is far better than non-RS 5* gear. Heck, as a very recent example, had I not been able to beat Proudclad due to shitty mage weapons, I was ready to farm Mythril Rods from Gizamaluk's Grotto to make a bunch of 2*++ rods just to get 100+ MAG on my casters. Record Synergy is an insane boost.

Razmos

I've done over 100 combined pulls now on the Balthier, Selphie and Lightning events which are all banners I've been waiting for, as well as doing a 100 gem pull every time there is a new banner. and I haven't gotten what I wanted a single time out of any of them. The last item I got that I wanted was way back during RInoa's event when I got the Valkyrie (and even that was after about 12 pulls) ever since then it has been nothing but disappointment with the exception of Locke's Rising Sun which I got out of a random pull.

broz0rs

Does specific banner items, such as Vega and Blazefire, show up in other banner events? I'm assuming it's possible, but extremely rare?

!!!

I sure hope you didn't do this. You can combine them and make them 5 stars. Even though they might be weaker than usual 5 stars the record synergy still makes them powerful.

Yeah, unless have done a couple paid 11 pulls, I can't see how you've ended up with more than a handful of useless 3s outside of the event rewards. There are way too many vi and xii items, that is true. the realm balance is quite poor, particularly now that we have all of the realms and few 3 star options for what, half of them?

I like seeing my inventory turn golden, honestly, that may be weird.

Did the 11 pull and got Blazefire Sabre (even doing an 11 pull is a 20% chance of getting Vega or Blazefire). I'll quit while I'm ahead. I also got a FFXIII staff...the 4* healing staff. Some riff raff and a few things I could combine but mostly rods and staffs (yes I wanted more but not like this).

Are there any QoL updates that we're missing at this point?
I heard Japan gets 3 daily common pulls. I don't know if anyone can verify that is really the case though.

Does specific banner items, such as Vega and Blazefire, show up in other banner events? I'm assuming it's possible, but extremely rare?
They do show up in some future banners and you can pull non-boosted 5*s from a banner but they are really rare.

Falk

that puzzling face

Yes, but typically by that time you'd be gunning for the higher-tier, newer 5*s already. (Although Vega is still a top-tier RW/SB till today)

Best example I can think of on Global is, no one cares about Buster Sword returning when there's a Hard Edge banner.

LucaMac

Was saving mithril for the celebration banners but said 'fuck it' and did one pull and somehow got Blazefire Sabre. 9fRE if you want a few extra hits in the event. Have a 5+ 13 bangle too so Lightnings going to be a beast once I've fully leveled the sabre.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom