• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hrm, I guess I shouldn't be too sad.
I suppose now it's just a matter of clearing my friends list and trying to find shout RWs... does reddit still have that updated spreadsheet? lol

I will wait 24 hours, I expect tons to change to it on my Friend List plus checking the list of people following that you are not following back. After that, add more if needed. There will be more Shout than anything else within a day on the Reddit list.

Hrm, I guess I shouldn't be too sad.
In addition to the SB that people have already mentioned here, the shield itself gives a great boost to ATK without sacrificing much to defenses and it boosts lightning damage. If you have Lightning's SSB or Tyro's Stormlance Grimoire, both of those SBs are lightning based and will get boosted by the shield.

JTran2003

Was able to get defender and chameleon Rob on first 50 pull. Need 7 more mythril for next 50 pull.

This event is making me want to find my copy if FFT and play through it again! Music, characters, and backdrops bring back fond memories of the game and time I spent playing it. Definitely my favorite FF!

FFMafia

Did a single pull: 4* star dud

Ready to sink 4 x 11 pulls of mythril...

First pull:

Edit: idk how to insert a photo with my iPhone :( but I got 4 5*stars. Third one to pop was the band for Ramza (not sure how good that is) and last one to pop was the sword for Ramza! It's my bday so RNGesus decided to bless me. Disclaimer: I got a couple of dud pulls during the banner so the force balanced out.

So... Should I do a second pull for the shield? Decisions decisons... I have 230 or so myth left

Brandson

My results, 100 gem got the FFT dagger, then 6 pulls netted 7* Defender, 6* Armband, Platinum Sword, Grand Armor, Chameleon Robe, Ice Rod, and more daggers.

I put Shout as my RW, qkvP. He likely won't be optimized until xp Sunday though.

Wingus

Really pleased with the relics from FFT's banner. Got both relics I wanted for Ramza and Agrias.

11 Pull - Chameleon Robe
11 Pull - Nothing
11 Pull - Chameleon Robe
3 Pull - Kaiser Shield
3 Pull - Platinum Sword

Set Ramza with "Shout" as my Roaming Warrior at the moment. He is equipped also with an accessory to boost his MND stat. ID is 9MP2.

alcheim

Aww.. I wasted 100 mythril on FFT, and didn't get any of the relics I wanted to get. What was even more annoying was I saw rainbow coloured orbs on both 11-pulls, and it turned out to be a Spellbinder for both.

Edit:
Complaining sorta worked. I just did a 100 gem pull and got a Grand Armor. Then I did a single 5 mythril pull and got a Nu Khai armband. It's not what I was aiming for, but I'll take it.

Vilifier

Neo Member
Did 2 x 11 pulls and got Grand Armor, 2 x Spellbinder and Chameleon Robe

Happy with what I got, will be able to use Ramza in my party with medica and RW shout

Got both Agrias shield and sword as well as Spellbinder, FF4 Gold Hairpin and Hope's Airwing after spending 180 Mythril on the banner. I wanted a relic for Ramza but not disappointed with what I got for Agrias. I have 49 mythril but I think I am going to save it for FF12.

Giard

Used up 250 mythril:

3 Grand Armors
2 Chameleon Robes
2 Nu-Khai Armbands
1 Defender
1 Spellbinder
1 Ice Rod

Defender is my first SSB, so that's nice.

Dreavus

One 11 pull, got the Defender and an Ice rod. Pretty nice!

I might be able to scrounge for a second pull but then I am scraping the bottom of the mythril barrel. Thread title holds true. Well not completely, my haste is covered but the attack boost seems very powerful.

FFMafia

Is the agrias shield worth it? Tempted to pull a second 11 x to try for it. First 11 x got me the sword and Armband with the robe. Don't want to press my luck really

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Yeah, I put my code there and getting a new follower every 3 mins :lol
It's gpdN if you want one, I'll try to level him to 70+ this Sunday.
Added!

I will wait 24 hours, I expect tons to change to it on my Friend List plus checking the list of people following that you are not following back. After that, add more if needed. There will be more Shout than anything else within a day on the Reddit list.
lol well I just added 20. Hopefully SG is still useful enough that some of these guys add back.

In addition to the SB that people have already mentioned here, the shield itself gives a great boost to ATK without sacrificing much to defenses and it boosts lightning damage. If you have Lightning's SSB or Tyro's Stormlance Grimoire, both of those SBs are lightning based and will get boosted by the shield.
My salt regarding not getting this relic makes Utah seem... not salty. lol

Deadly

I'd say RNG going to RNG. I did 3x11 pulls and I got 2 Defenders, 1 Platinum Sword, 1 Grand Armor, 1 Kaiser Shield and 1 White Staff

MrDaravon

If I don't wind up pulling any of Ramza's relics off gem pulls later I wonder if it's still swapping him in as my Support character in place of a character that does have a relic or not. Like in my general/all around party (which is probably less applicable now that I did a ton of leveling during SSBfest) I use Red XIII as my support character for Full Break because I have Stardust Ray for him. On the other hand while that SB is solid damage + Shellga (?) he's otherwise fairly useless for me as I only use him really for that plus support skills, whereas Ramza can do the support stuff plus he he actually worthwhile damage output. Hmmm.

Since I did so much leveling during SSBfest this is probably less of an issue for me now than it was before since I finally have a chunk of characters at 50-65 now, but is probably still an issue for me in some realms. Will have to probably look at it in a realm by realm basis, but it is kind of weird that after ~5 months of play and SSBfest I'm finally geared and leveled enough to need to swap characters out on a realm-specific basis now. Until now I didn't have enough characters at the 65 mark to make switching worthwhile since I had a fairly core group at all over 65. I'll put together and post my SSB stats/leveling tomorrow or something, I got all of my characters to 50 and a solid chunk to 65, but not all of them which had been the dream. Barely had time for any sort of refreshes the last two phases :/

Kapow

I was pretty bummed out about not pulling platinum sword in my 200 mithril but i got the armor and kaiser shield so i cant really complain. Sucks i STILL have yet to pull a hastega or wall though...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I was pretty bummed out about not pulling platinum sword in my 200 mithril but i got the armor and kaiser shield so i cant really complain. Sucks i STILL have yet to pull a hastega or wall though...
The only consolation I have from not getting haste with 400 mythril over SSB fest and FFT is that at least it's not crucial. But, yeah. lol

Noi

Any support character w/ a good SB relic (unless its like, Edward) will likely be better than relic-less Ramza, specially if they can also get to 80.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Any support character w/ a good SB relic (unless its like, Edward) will likely be better than relic-less Ramza, specially if they can also get to 80.
Considering Edward is the only SB I have on a support character (if you don't count Tyro), yeah. lol

It would have been nice to be able to double up and run shout and advance at the same time though. I assume the effects don't stack, but having your own haste would just make things easier regardless.

Aww.. I wasted 100 mythril on FFT, and didn't get any of the relics I wanted to get. What was even more annoying was I saw rainbow coloured orbs on both 11-pulls, and it turned out to be a Spellbinder for both.

Edit:
Complaining sorta worked. I just did a 100 gem pull and got a Grand Armor. Then I did a single 5 mythril pull and got a Nu Khai armband. It's not what I was aiming for, but I'll take it.

This gave me hope!!!! Then I did two single pulls and got 3 star relics from em both...... Should I try again when I get another 5 !?

alcheim

This gave me hope!!!! Then I did two single pulls and got 3 star relics from em both...... Should I try again when I get another 5 !?

...I'd say it'd be best to try later on when you feel lucky.

I had crap luck during the whole SSB Fest so I figured I was due for some good fortune this time (although I still didn't get what I was aiming for)

Kapow

The only consolation I have from not getting haste with 400 mythril over SSB fest and FFT is that at least it's not crucial. But, yeah. lol

Yeah the only content i havent been able to master was bahamut sin and honestly the games not that hard as it is so maybe its a good thing we dont pull those relics, game would be dull if you can just steamroll everything

Valus

Blew through 450 mythril, did 9x pulls. My results:

3 Spellbinders (FFT generic dagger)
3 Defenders (Agrias SSB)
6 White Staves (Generic FFT Staff)
3 Kaiser Shields (Agrias SB)
6 Chameleon Robes (Generic FFT Robe)
2 Nu Khai Armbands (Ramza Damage SB)

FMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLMFLMLF

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Man, am I glad I blew all my Mythril on the last SSB banner, even with all the 5* duplicates. Seems like a lot more poor draws for the FFT stuff.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Blew through 450 mythril, did 9x pulls. My results:

3 Spellbinders (FFT generic dagger)
3 Defenders (Agrias SSB)
6 White Staves (Generic FFT Staff)
3 Kaiser Shields (Agrias SB)
6 Chameleon Robes (Generic FFT Robe)
2 Nu Khai Armbands (Ramza Damage SB)

FMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFML FMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFML FMLFMLFMLFMLMFLMLF

That's literally everything but the one you need...

Noi

If you're at the point where you've gotten everything you want from a banner except for one or two relics, specially the ones with only a 1% chance, its time to stop pulling.

Yea so far it looks like the non-SSB character relics reverted to 1% instead of 2% and off banner 5* were back at their old rate of 4%. I hope that it's not the case. Doesn't change much for most here but my 2/22 being off banner shitty Heavy Armor (I have more 5* Heavy Armor than any other type of 5*) is making me angry.

If they are the true rate, I would have not pulled. Ramza's Armor and Agrias' Shield at 2% is what made me pull. I know my shit luck so I pull when things are a minimum more favorable than usual. Maybe RNG is being RNG, but reports so far tend highly toward old rates.

What if the banner rates are messes up? There does seem to be a lot of non featured items getting pulled.

Then nothing, we are not being promised any specific rate. I just find it very dishonest to revert back for FFT. Even if it's an error they don't have to do anything. It would cut too much profit in one of their cash cow banner.

Dragner

First pull off banner auron katana (the first one) and...

M73xdSYl.jpg

Stop rngsus you are embarrasing me.

Ok so...I have 250 mythril and counting for BSSB fest

Balphon

If you append l or m to an imgur filename it'll be less gigantic.

As for my draws, I put 200 mythril into the banner and went 3/45, two of which were off-banner items.

I did really well with the anniversary stuff and the odd relics and bevy of 4*s I drew shored up some needed synergy so it doesn't bother me that much, but there do seem to be an inordinate amount of non-banner relics in this one.

Either way, back to saving.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom