• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

satori

Damn that was some insane luck.

Did a 11 pull and got 2 Defender and 1 Platinum sword.

Friend code is e1hE I am running Shout now :)

Then nothing, we are not being promised any specific rate. I just find it very dishonest to revert back for FFT. Even if it's an error they don't have to do anything. It would cut too much profit in one of their cash cow banner.
That would be very shady. I didn't spend a lot of Mythril (didn't have much left anyway), but some people were saving for this for a very long time and the amount of non-banner relics seems very high just from anecdotal evidence.

I wish the mobile scene was a bit more regulated in the west. At the very least, they should have to display their rates like they do in Japan.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Then nothing, we are not being promised any specific rate. I just find it very dishonest to revert back for FFT. Even if it's an error they don't have to do anything. It would cut too much profit in one of their cash cow banner.
I thought screwing around with draw rates in these games was literally made illegal in Japan?

I remember Gran Blue going through some controversy.

ccbfan

Blew through 450 mythril, did 9x pulls. My results:

3 Spellbinders (FFT generic dagger)
3 Defenders (Agrias SSB)
6 White Staves (Generic FFT Staff)
3 Kaiser Shields (Agrias SB)
6 Chameleon Robes (Generic FFT Robe)
2 Nu Khai Armbands (Ramza Damage SB)

FMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLFMLMFLMLF

Same amount of roll as me except you were much luckier.

At least you got one of the top tier relics. I missed all 3.

What if the banner rates are messes up? There does seem to be a lot of non featured items getting pulled.

I did three 11-pulls. I got Ramza's Bracer and four off-banner 5* relics (all generic 5* stuff too). I won't lie, I do want there to be some kind of official investigation into this, but it's unlikely anything will happen. It's mainly my salt talking.

Kenai

The more that I think about it the happier I am that i got Grant Armor as well, because I can fit that into a Mage-style Team just fine. Ramza can use that + Full break + either a medal requirement or another Breakdwn or Lifesiphon, Garnet can use DG, and then everyone else can go nuts.

Then he can use Shout for melee teams. And unlike a lot of the others i have a SB for he is 80-capable.

Really, really feel lucky, especially seeing some of the screencaps here...

What the fuck is this shitty ass pull

Screenshot_2016-04-05-11-23-08-480x853.png_zpsosw7idjt.jpeg

See, what's really evil about this banner is that it did the shake to get your hopes up before the reveal.

That would be very shady. I didn't spend a lot of Mythril (didn't have much left anyway), but some people were saving for this for a very long time and the amount of non-banner relics seems very high just from anecdotal evidence.

I wish the mobile scene was a bit more regulated in the west. At the very least, they should have to display their rates like they do in Japan.

About the evidence, there's already 35 000 pulls reported. It's not perfect math but the sample begins to be good.

Valus

Same amount of roll as me except you were much luckier.

At least you got one of the top tier relics. I missed all 3.

I know I should be grateful that I got at least that, but it's hard. Was going to use Greg as my MT, but I guess I'll switch it to Agrias. And I know I can RW Shout, but FFT is pretty much my fave FF so I was mega stoked to put Ramza in my group. Sigh.

Kenai

So how are people getting their Mastery on Shout ect so fast? Just refreshing? Am I missing something?

I could maybe understand if it was EXP Sunday or still SSB fest but Tailwind is maybe a 3rd of the way there and Shout not even a quarter and I haven't let my stamina collect even a lot bit...

Also gonna clear out my inactive ppl in my FL soon to make room for Shout mutual friends, gonna work on it as stamina allows so maybe by this weekend at the latest? Will give out my code/ask for PMS later so GAF has first dibs if they want it. I'm sure I won't be the only should around but can't be too careful I suppose.

RivalCore

I've done 3x11 pulls and I think I'm pushing my luck. So I'm gonna stop with what I have.

Agrias Shield
2x Defender
Ramza's Armour.

BPBiorr

Ouch 400 mythrill, a £25 gift card and about £150 in gems and I still couldn't pull Shout. I couldn't even pull Agias's shield.

Falk

that puzzling face
If there's one way for Falk to drown out his 1/34 FFT, it's... HONING ABILITIES

PNB6ctIl.jpg

yaay

7dr5HDYl.jpg

yaaaaaaaaaaay

khVPoYNl.png

Of COURSE, Ormi gets off his Concussive Blast while Laguna is charging his SB, Wall wears off and he's at like 1% hp

Falk

that puzzling face
Everyone was full HP one second ago.

Full HP entire fight more or less because Leblanc died so fast and everything else missed.

Dragner

Wow so many off banner relics everywhere...maybe DeNA fucked up. I knew the rates for this banner where different, but at least in Japan it was biased towards character relics...but who knows whats the truth about rates.

Falk

that puzzling face
Banners have never ever been biased towards character relics. Character relics that aren't featured have always been 0.001%.

IF DeNA actually did mess up and have the 2% relics revert to 1% (whether intentional or not), I'd think that from a programming standpoint, the rest of the space would have defaulted back to being taken up by generics, which actually is evidenced by e.g. WarAdepts Betrayal + Balamb pull.

edit: This is still surprisingly relevant with only a few changes:
- Total 5* chance is now 13% instead of 10% (or close to it)
- some featured relics are now 2% instead of 1%
- the pool of generic items has grown, obviously

Draw chances differ per banner. (This is off top of head; someone should link the actual excel sheets people datamined to cross-check because I could be completely wrong on some points)

I think the easiest way to describe it that has held true for each banner (could change in future) is:

- total chance for 5* is 10%
- the chances for items in the banner are 1% each
- the chances for other character-specific items are hilariously low
- there's a small pool of more generic items (Genji gear, Danjuro, Judgement Staff, Regal Gown) that pad out the chances so that 5*s are 10% total. This usually means they actually have a higher chance to roll than the banner items (crossed-out is not applicable anymore with the amount of generic 5*s. They're all lower than 1% chance now)

Almost 200 posts in 12 hours lol. Who has a Shout RW and wants to be buddies?

Edit: You bastards got me to buy my first ever Ifrit pack at 7am. 1 rainbow...
Platinum Sword (yay)

Dragner

According to reddit statistics, SB relics are 1% for this banner, 1.5% for both generics, and a whooping 5% for off banner relics.

Rough, I will recommend against pulling for everyone. I was lucky but I would not do it if I knew it. This rates are terrible.

According to reddit statistics, SB relics are 1% for this banner, 1.5% for both generics, and a whooping 5% for off banner relics.

Rough, I will recommend against pulling for everyone. I was lucky but I would not do it if I knew it. This rates are terrible.

yea im gonna save for Relm

I believe it. Wouldn't have drawn if I knew these numbers. I suppose it's a lesson learned. My Chameleon Robe++ and Shinra Helmet say hi.

Falk

that puzzling face
Actually, to be very honest, I'm not too sure the results are off.

Everyone's operating under the assumption that the FFT banner (9 featured relics) follows the other event banners, which are actually two separate banners with 7 featured relics each. It's these two-group-7-relic banners that have 2% chances on the lower-tier character-specific items.

I think FFT operates more like the SSB banners, in which it's 9 at 1% each, featured out of 13%, leading to a 4% off-banner chance.

People may have just been making the wrong assumptions here.

Also, you don't want -too- much FFT gear. Sure, the soul breaks are awesome, but the RS isn't all that useful. For people who have hoarded Mythril just to blow on the banner for those specific soul breaks, it sucks, but for the casual puller more off-banner items actually is a boon.

tl;dr did Reddit and the internet in general hype itself up over a few mistaken assumptions yet again?

BPBiorr

Now this.... I'm terribly sorry. The relic draws are harsh.

Ha thanks for the consideration, I'm not too mad though because I've managed to have really good 100 gem luck lately (Rune Mog and Physicians Staff) and some people on Ffrk Reddit seem to have had it much worse then myself.

Yeah, I got three off-banner relics from records I already have great synergy in. A Defense Veil (FF10), a Thunder Rod (FF4), and a Sniper (FF6). I'm not even mad, because getting three 5-star relics in a single draw is a good thiing, but what are the odds that it'd be this shit?

Wazzy

Banned
To do a pull or not to...
Wazzy will be happy - I pulled the Cardinal for Rinoa yesterday!

Here's all the 5*'s I got over the celebration:

Cardinal (VIII - Rinoa)
Wizard Staff (VII - Aerith)
Lullaby Rod (X - Yuna)
Dragon Claws (VI - Sabin)
Revolver (VIII - Squall)
Zwill Crossblade (XII - Vaan)
<3 Fantastic pulls.

Screenshot_2016-04-05-11-23-08-480x853.png_zpsosw7idjt.jpeg

eI7ETdr.gif

Seems good to me.

Guess my luck had to run out eventually, after averaging 2 SB per pull for lucky and SB fest I got 0 5* of any kind from the Tactics banner. Best item was a 4* FF2 dagger :/

Noi

Speaking of the Realm banner, what's the difference between hers and Eiko's SSB? Or am I mixing Relics?

It's an improved Hymn of the Faith. Large heal (afaik) + Heavy Regen.

Edit: Beaten like people's odds of getting a Platinum Sword.

Kain

Oh, I must have read it wrong, I thought it was a reraise too!

That does sound very good, I still have no medica except for War dance.

BPBiorr

A question to anyone who plays the Japanese version: how much does power creep effect the newer relics?

I only ask because my new Defender 5* has more attack then my 7* Zantetsuken. 123 vs 120.

Dragner

A question to anyone who plays the Japanese version: how much does power creep effect the newer relics?

I only ask because my new Defender 5* has more attack then my 7* Zantetsuken. 123 vs 120.

Katanas have lower attack than swords, and SSB have better stats than regular SBs.

Falk

that puzzling face
Daggers/Fist/Katana used to trail behind swords by a decent amount (10-15 points), but the average delta has shrunk. A lot of the latest BSSBs are toe-to-toe with some of the best swords.

Sabin's Dragon Claws (non-SSB) are 120 ATK for example on Global right now.

Ranged weapons still trail behind melee weapons a rather significant amount, though.

BPBiorr

Katanas have lower attack than swords, and SSB have better stats than regular SBs.

I ment Zantetsuken IV the sword version, I apologise for not being clearer.

But what you said is correct. looking over the wiki (which seems to be missing some relics) it seems Zantetsuken is just a crappy 7* when compared to other relics.

Grzi

Tactics banner screwing people over eh?

Kinda glad I burned all my mythril on the celebration banners, even though all I got from the fifth one was the Wutai Headband.

I'll do some single pulls on Tactics though, and hope for SOMETHING (two so far, got nothing).

Four more dungeons and I'm done with the regular content. Only way of getting mythril from now are events and the daily.
Wondering if I should save up for the BSB feat, how much mythril can I theoretically get in three months?

Also, grinding dailies - I mostly skipped on doing that, but can I expect to raise my orb count by a decent amount?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom