• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.

B.K.

Will we ever get another chance to get Squall's Memory Crystal 2? I don't think I have a good enough group to get it.

Falk

that puzzling face
I don't see why we wouldn't.

The only things we haven't gotten are collab/cross-promo events and that FFVII mini-rush (Blizzaja lol) from way back when.

Gravijah

I don't see why we wouldn't.

The only things we haven't gotten are collab/cross-promo events and that FFVII mini-rus (Blizzaja lol) from way back when.

Me either. But better safe than sorry! The only reason I mentioned it is from what I understand the banners aren't actually translated yet.

Blew through the boss rush like.the wind and will do the rest tomorrow.

Speaking of the Rift of Recollection event... What is the optimal way to use its blank MC2 crystals? Like which characters won't be getting theirs for a long time?

Haha... I'm dying here. Stayed up long enough to do Edea. I melted her with Advance and Irvine's 10-hit Fast Shot.

Wazzy

Banned
Meanwhile, Wazzy is breezing through this event.
Oh yeah it's been extremely easy for me LOL

I got full medals on boss rush and proto 8 only two lost because I took slower than I should have killing it but yeah also easy for me.

I'm out of stam so I'll do Edea tomorrow xD

Nohar

And done with bonus battles. They weren't too hard, though I do have good synergy for FFVIII (Blitz Sword, Rising Sun, Valiant). Honing Aera Blade and Biora to R5 helped too for the boss rush. Went good old Advancetaliate (and Carbuncle) on Edea & Seifer (well, on Edea mostly: Rinoa killed Seifer rather quickly with Biora).

Jyrii

Banned
There aren't any other variables for Squall's RM2 than having him in a party in VIII dungeon right?

So stamina spend or difficulty doesn't have any effect?

Gonna attempt the Gilgamesh Enikdo ++ challenge battle here in a bit. Was reading online that the final battle against necrobe is easy but I have very little aoe damage outside of ruinga r2 and thancred's sb

Finished all the Bonus Battles in one go. I do have a decent amount of FF8 synergy. Mobile Type 8 I had to S/L a couple times because I couldn't finish him off before Megido Flare; probably should've taken another Thundaga/ja instead of Protectga since I had a SS2 RW.

Edea+Seifer I used this: Wasn't too bad. SG RW

pIUA0MF.png

I actually forgot to use Squall's MC2 and take Attunement II off of him, and forgot to put a RM on Yuna. Pretty much the strategy was Biora down Seifer, and set up Carbuncle, and just unload skills on Edea. Mages get some damage in by bouncing spells off themselves.

There aren't any other variables for Squall's RM2 than having him in a party in VIII dungeon right?

Correct

Falk

that puzzling face

(may be wrong) I don't think anyone has been able to completely quantify if there's any algorithm to that effect, but what's 'worked' or what's the 'go to advice' is to just use the best mob/stam ratio which usually corresponds to lower difficulties.

Hmm I have 15 GHO (got 0 yesterday grinding the daily ;-;) should I make ruinga r3, diaga r3, or make carbuncle r1 as I don't have him yet. Which if any would be the most useful for Necrobe?

Razmos

I forgot to bring Carbuncle to the Necrophobe fight. Boon + Sentinel's Grimoire + R1 Meteor and R4 Valefor totally cheesed it though. I even blinded him for good measure.
beacuse I forgot to change my setup from the Gilgamesh fight

I forgot to bring Carbuncle to the Necrophobe fight. Boon + Sentinel's Grimoire + R1 Meteor and R4 Valefor totally cheesed it though. I even blinded him for good measure.
beacuse I forgot to change my setup from the Gilgamesh fight

Yeah I don't have Meteor or Valefor I could probably make and hone him to r2 though

MrDaravon

Wooo got Gilgamesh's MC! The advice I got here was sound, Silencega was a big help (I had Silence Buster as well but it never worked), sadly Iai Strike went 0/4 on his final form so I had to kill him the old fashioned way. Had to bring my A team and play it smart, and it still took me two tries and I just barely did it but whatever!

The post above mine actually touches on something I was going to ask; since I'm still fairly early on and hurting for gear are doing 3 pulls a decent option? I mean yes on paper the 11 pulls give you the one extra relic, but if you're hurting for gear doing pulls as soon as you can seems like maybe a viable option?

Beat Necrobe but on the winning attempt Aerith died to a super lucky sap that got though the blindness :/

Maybe I'll try again later once my stamina refreshes though I dunno if its worth that effort for 3x MWO

I got Squall's MC2, I'm so happy! My first one after missing Cloud's.

I also learned today that you can heal between rounds using mythril...and I've been playing the game since the launch day. Mess.

I got Squall's MC2, I'm so happy! My first one after missing Cloud's.

I also learned today that you can heal between rounds using mythril...and I've been playing the game since the launch day. Mess.
Congrats! Level 80 makes the characters absurdly strong. Remember, it's always better to die and revive for the combat bonuses than to recover between rounds.Also, using your mythril will recover your Roaming Warrior charges. It can make a big difference for boss rushes.

Wazzy

Banned
Got Squall's RM3 to drop in new VIII dungeons wooooo

Edit: also Great Salt Lake has amazing music and it's always been one of my favourites.

Razmos

Shit a lucky draw on friday? I'm sitting on a grand total of 0 mythril and have less free time this week.

Now would be a damn good time for that welcome pack to finally arrive :p

If you're in a hurry don't bring a full FFXIII party to the Firth Arc part 2 as the boss fight starts with a nearly 2 minute long Hannibal lecture if you do (edit:apparently you need at least one level 65 FFXIII character to trigger it).

There is also a Genji relics banner floating around...wonder what that will be about, it can't be the lucky draw as 5*s there are unique SBs.

I've always wanted to try building a party around the Noble Sacrifice RW so I finally did just in the Iifa Tree Elite. Used it with my white mage and had someone revive her immediately. Armor Breakdown + Full Break + Status Reels + Noble Sacrifice = all single hit attacks were doing 10k, Cloud was hitting for 18k with Tempo Strike with the only FFIX synergy on him being the Power Belt accessory. Unfortunately it seems that even if you revive someone you lose the 3 medals for not being KO'd. Also, I wasn't running FFRKI at the time so unfortunately the drop wasn't recorded, but a Major Black Orb dropped for me during that fight.

If you're in a hurry don't bring a full FFXIII party to the Firth Arc part 2 as the boss fight starts with a nearly 2 minute long Hannibal lecture if you do.

There is also a Genji relics banner floating around...wonder what that will be about, it can't be the lucky draw as 5*s there are unique SBs.

They really need to add the ability to skip dialogue like that.

MicH

Shit a lucky draw on friday? I'm sitting on a grand total of 0 mythril and have less free time this week.

Now would be a damn good time for that welcome pack to finally arrive :p
Well, you can get 16 mythril from all the new dungeons, 10 from the Eiko event + daily mythril. Should be possible to get 25 before that lucky draw banner ends

Gravijah

Wooo got Gilgamesh's MC! The advice I got here was sound, Silencega was a big help (I had Silence Buster as well but it never worked), sadly Iai Strike went 0/4 on his final form so I had to kill him the old fashioned way. Had to bring my A team and play it smart, and it still took me two tries and I just barely did it but whatever!

The post above mine actually touches on something I was going to ask; since I'm still fairly early on and hurting for gear are doing 3 pulls a decent option? I mean yes on paper the 11 pulls give you the one extra relic, but if you're hurting for gear doing pulls as soon as you can seems like maybe a viable option?

As a fellow new player, my outlook is that that extra pull is EXTREMELY valuable to us. As new players, every pull is significant, whether it's giving us 3*/4* realm synergy, or the ever-important 5* relics. We're playing catch up. Longtime players can afford to just pull a few times and not worry about that extra pull. But for us, my belief is that it's definitely important to do the 11 pull.

Road

Lucky Draw, huh? Looking forward to more FF12 equipment.

I've always wanted to try building a party around the Noble Sacrifice RW so I finally did just in the Iifa Tree Elite. Used it with my white mage and had someone revive her immediately. Armor Breakdown + Full Break + Status Reels + Noble Sacrifice = all single hit attacks were doing 10k, Cloud was hitting for 18k with Tempo Strike with the only FFIX synergy on him being the Power Belt accessory. Unfortunately it seems that even if you revive someone you lose the 3 medals for not being KO'd. Also, I wasn't running FFRKI at the time so unfortunately the drop wasn't recorded, but a Major Black Orb dropped for me during that fight.

Or... you could have used Aeris' Planet Protector RW and skipped the whole dying and reviving thing, since it gives the same +50% ATK buff without any "sacrifice" involved. =P

If you're in a hurry don't bring a full FFXIII party to the Firth Arc part 2 as the boss fight starts with a nearly 2 minute long Hannibal lecture if you do (edit:apparently you need at least one level 65 FFXIII character to trigger it).

Imagine having to s/l that fight 10 times...

Or... you could have used Aeris' Planet Protector RW and skipped the whole dying and reviving thing, since it gives the same +50% ATK buff without any "sacrifice" involved. =P
lol, I know. I added that Josef to my friend's list ages ago, before the Keepsake Ribbon was released, and seeing it pop up on the top of my list made me curious. I was thinking about trying it again and using an accessory that prevents instant KO, though I'd just seen a post on reddit which claims that it'll still kill. Just one person saying that though from what I'd seen, so I might still see for myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom