• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy: Record Keeper |OT2| I HAVE NO MYTHRIL AND I MUST SHOUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
<333 gahhhh I'm so happy!

I also just saw Edea banner and oh boy another Gunblade and weapon for Rinoa. D:

I wonder what they do?

Edit: oh shit just read. My girl is getting buffedddddd!!
Edea's sprite is so pretty!! <333 They kept the back ornament! :D (I want that Edea gear so bad.)

Squall's new Gunblade is a SBBS, and he gets Spellblade 5* and his SeeD uniform. Rinoa getting a bunch of new stuff too, MAG up and Summon 5*. Lots of new relics for a bunch of peeps. Now you have two big FFVIII events to look forward to. :O

Wazzy

Banned
Edea's sprite is so pretty!! <333 They kept the back ornament! :D (I want that Edea gear so bad.)

And Squall's new Gunblade is a SBBS. Rinoa getting a bunch of new stuff too, MAG up and Summon 5*. Squall gets Spellblade 5*. Now you have two big FFVIII events to look forward to. :O
Oh god help me. We both need all of this. D:

Also Squall getting his
dance uniform sprite? IM DEAD

Oh god help me. We both need all of this. D:

Also Squall getting his
dance uniform sprite? IM DEAD
The majesty...

QXywWZT.png

I think Edea's sprite is the best one in the whole game. It's perfect!

For the most part I remember every boss that appears in record keeper, but every time Hell Gigyas comes up I'm like "when/where the heck did you fight this?" Knowing it had to be sometime after going through the tunnel and the end of disc 2 when Eiko joins and you fight Amarant. Finally refreshed myself on the scene and now I feel compelled to replay FF9

Falk

that puzzling face
I nearly did except the game is sooooooooooo sloooooooooooooooooooooow

Literally would rather struggle with FFRK UI.

ZangBa

I got Lustrous Shield. Seems kinda shitty, and it's a shield which all seem shitty, but Cecil is one of my favorite characters so, eh.

I got Lustrous Shield. Seems kinda shitty, and it's a shield which all seem shitty, but Cecil is one of my favorite characters so, eh.

It used to be a great RW but its usefulness fell off dramatically as soon as Draw Fire was released. It's not useless, though, since it provokes both physical and magical attacks, and I believe it gives a larger boost to your defenses too.

MrDaravon

0/55.

Two of the 3 4* items I got were my 3rd and 4th FFII copies of a FF2 Dagger (Cat Claws I think?), with the third being the FFVIII Ten-Gallon Hat which doesn't seem that great but is only my second piece of FFVIII armor. I also got 3 FFVI Ice Rods, so I mad that into a 3++ for comedy. I also already was sitting on two of them.

If I go 0/66 with the second FFIX banner am I going to seriously consider if I want to continue playing this game.

0/55.

Two of the 3 4* items I got were my 3rd and 4th FFII copies of a FF2 Dagger (Cat Claws I think?), with the third being the FFVIII Ten-Gallon Hat which doesn't seem that great but is only my second piece of FFVIII armor. I also got 3 FFVI Ice Rods, so I mad that into a 3++ for comedy. I also already was sitting on two of them.

If I go 0/66 with the second FFIX banner am I going to seriously consider if I want to continue playing this game.

Yeah this is Falk levels of bad

Xetherion

5*:
Valiant
Morningstar

4*:
Platinum Dagger (XII)x2
Gladius (IX)

Finally got a 5* gun, woo! Can't wait for the next VIII dungeons so i can watch Irvine do 80k damage with his Advanced SB! Also a 5* mage stick for VIII is cool, though i already have Aerith's Guard Stick and her default SB is more useful so she will probably continue to be my healer outside of VIII dungeons.

The Gladius was my second copy so i have a Gladius+ now, will be nice to have when the bonus battles release.

In case anyone was wondering about farming Scarlet Hair it looks far worse* than Monday daily as far as greater fire orbs go (compounded by the fact there will multiple 3* orbs dropping which can eventually be turned into 4*).

*-Inspector has 30 runs recorded with 4 drops, 2 summon orb, 2 greater fire orb. It is up to you to if you trust the sample size and the like but given + difficulty daily I'd be weary of farming 4* from bosses in general now.

Finally got a 5* gun, woo! Can't wait for the next VIII dungeons so i can watch Irvine do 80k damage with his Advanced SB!
If you've beaten Ragnarok you're caught up with Japan as far as FFVIII dungeons go :( (it is still a 5* gun though). Should be about 4 months until the next FFVIII event.

ZangBa

It used to be a great RW but its usefulness fell off dramatically as soon as Draw Fire was released. It's not useless, though, since it provokes both physical and magical attacks, and I believe it gives a larger boost to your defenses too.

Yeah, Gilgamesh laughs at this, but I guess I can't complain since it is a 5* and some people didn't get any. If anything it will be good with synergy, but to be honest I'm a bit more excited about the 4* FFI sword, lol.

Jarekx

I was hoping since I had to be on the wrong end of Black Friday RNGesus would give me some good luck. Well, I should know him better than that. Did get a few decent 4 star armors that'll help out but no 5 stars. I'll pull on this second banner of this IX event then save the rest for RoR.

Yeah, Gilgamesh laughs at this, but I guess I can't complain since it is a 5* and some people didn't get any. If anything it will be good with synergy, but to be honest I'm a bit more excited about the 4* FFI sword, lol.

Just because Gilgamesh can Draw Fire and Retaliate at the same time doesn't automatically make other tanks irrelevant. There are many fights where it's more important to bring an extra white magic slot or a status effect. There's room for Cecil and Edgar still, especially Cecil, and now your Cecil is even stronger.

Brandson

I haven't been playing much lately and didn't know about the Black Friday draw. I got Cutting Trigger and Cyan's first weapon, which makes up a lot for going 1/44 on the event before. Shamefully, I haven't even gotten Squall's second memory crystal yet. Hopefully I have enough time left.

ZangBa

Just because Gilgamesh can Draw Fire and Retaliate at the same time doesn't automatically make other tanks irrelevant. There are many fights where it's more important to bring an extra white magic slot or a status effect. There's room for Cecil and Edgar still, especially Cecil, and now your Cecil is even stronger.

Too bad my Cecil is stuck at 50 :C

Got Locke's weapon; I guess that's good!
4/55 like Falk lol (except 1-1-1-0-1).
Sooner or later I'll know what it feels like when you see 2+ rainbow orbs

Razmos

Jesus christ, Edea's sprite looks amazing, Rinoa getting a magic buff AND Summon 5? my favourite mage just got favouriter.

And speaking of FFVIII...

I was mentally preparing myself to get no 5* from the lucky draw, but I got Irvine's Valiant which is awesome. FFVIII was already one of my best synergies and now it is even better. The fact it is the first gun in the game as well is a slight bonus.

Wazzy

Banned
Jesus christ, Edea's sprite looks amazing, Rinoa getting a magic buff AND Summon 5? my favourite mage just got favouriter.

And speaking of FFVIII...

I was mentally preparing myself to get no 5* from the lucky draw, but I got Irvine's Valiant which is awesome. FFVIII was already one of my best synergies and now it is even better. The fact it is the first gun in the game as well is a slight bonus.
Rinoa getting buffed has me hyped. Squall is getting a small buff too. All I need is Seifer to get a buff and I'm settttt with VIII characters.

Also Valiant is great in VIII dungeons so enjoy it! I wish I could give away five stars cuz I'd give you my extra so you can max yours lol

The majesty...

QXywWZT.png

I think Edea's sprite is the best one in the whole game. It's perfect!
Dem sprites...perfection.
0/55.

You're the newer player right? Honestly I think you're pulling far too much for someone who just started. Save your Mythril and aim for getting decent synergy to help with dungeons. Many people went months without a 5* pull but rates are getting better and they still have a SSB fest coming up. Plus you've already gotten a few 5* items right?

Stick with the game, grind out your parties, hone abilities and focus on clearing new content and then maybe decide on the best banners to pull on, not all of them.

MrDaravon

You're the newer player right? Honestly I think you're pulling far too much for someone who just started. Save your Mythril and aim for getting decent synergy to help with dungeons. Many people went months without a 5* pull but rates are getting better and they still have a SSB fest coming up. Plus you've already gotten a few 5* items right?

Stick with the game, grind out your parties, hone abilities and focus on clearing new content and then maybe decide on the best banners to pull on, not all of them.

I pulled on this one because it was the half-off one that apparently has items from across the board and we got the free mythril so why not. I plan on pulling the 2nd FFIX banner because I have zero FF9 items (excluding the 2* dagger and 3* armor you get as set drops from the current event) and apparently FF9 is a fairly common realm in upcoming months. I didn't pull on the first FF9 banner.

Wazzy

Banned
^ yassss Ultimecia alt. I was so happy they put her in but disappointed Seifer wasn't an alt lol
I pulled on this one because it was the half-off one that apparently has items from across the board and we got the free mythril so why not. I plan on pulling the 2nd FFIX banner because I have zero FF9 items (excluding the 2* dagger and 3* armor you get as set drops from the current event) and apparently FF9 is a fairly common realm in upcoming months. I didn't pull on the first FF9 banner.
I've just seen you do a lot of pulls lately and don't want you to quit because of it! BF pull is an obvious yes to do but I'm referring to the character events.

I understand planning out realm synergy but as a new player you've got tons to do so I would consider saving for SSB fest because I'm sure you'll pull fantastic gear then that will help with synergy. Plus while RS helps a lot, plenty of non-RS 5* gear can be great.

Anyways just take it easy if you feel like quitting. :)

MrDaravon

^ yassss Ultimecia alt. I was so happy they put her in but disappointed Seifer wasn't an alt lol

I've just seen you do a lot of pulls lately and don't want you to quit because of it! BF pull is an obvious yes to do but I'm referring to the character events.

I understand planning out realm synergy but as a new player you've got tons to do so I would consider saving for SSB fest because I'm sure you'll pull fantastic gear then that will help with synergy. Plus while RS helps a lot, plenty of non-RS 5* gear can be great.

Anyways just take it easy if you feel like quitting. :)

At this point I think I'm morbidly fascinated in how long I can keep the streak going. I don't think I'd actually quit, was just a bit salty this morning :p.

When exactly is SSB Fest, I oddly can't find any specifics other than at least in JP it was apparently 4-5 days or so where each day had a different banner full of different SSB and other good gear? Looks like it might be sometime in December, then some sort of anniversary event in March?

But yeah except for the one FFV banner pull I did which in hindsight maybe I shouldn't have, I've only really been doing pulls on banners with realm highlights I don't have, but then I don't get any 5* and all of the 3/4*s I get are for the same 3 or so realms I already have tons of shit for (seriously, what is actually up with the FFXII stuff?). It'd be nice to pull on say a FFX banner and have the 3/4*s actually be mostly FFX stuff or something, that way I can could at least upgrade/combine stuff to good levels for RS.

Jyrii

Banned
Hmm, if my calculations are right, we will get around +40 mythril before till Rift of Recollection (assuming it is on 15th) and 10 mythril in that event. That is not accounting any dungeon mythril or extra ones they might give.

Meaning I will have around +180 mythril at that time. So I will have to choose 3/5 banners if I I do not use gems

Wazzy

Banned
At this point I think I'm morbidly fascinated in how long I can keep the streak going. I don't think I'd actually quit, was just a bit salty this morning :p.

When exactly is SSB Fest, I oddly can't find any specifics other than at least in JP it was apparently 4-5 days or so where each day had a different banner full of different SSB and other good gear? Looks like it might be sometime in December, then some sort of anniversary event in March?

But yeah except for the one FFV banner pull I did which in hindsight maybe I shouldn't have, I've only really been doing pulls on banners with realm highlights I don't have, but then I don't get any 5* and all of the 3/4*s I get are for the same 3 or so realms I already have tons of shit for (seriously, what is actually up with the FFXII stuff?). It'd be nice to pull on say a FFX banner and have the 3/4*s actually be mostly FFX stuff or something, that way I can could at least upgrade/combine stuff to good levels for RS.
Yeah I totally get it. I've been lucky just focusing on VIII banners and getting the gear from them plus other realm gear from my pulls. I think the only other banner I pulled on other than VIII and special ones was VII which I was lucky and got Red's LH. But I remember when I first started I tried for Clouds buster sword and blew all my mythril and even did a paid pull and didn't receive a single 5* and it hurt(looking back now, it esp hurts because it wasn't that great of a 5*LOL) but unfortunately Gatcha games can be bad with drop rates. I can't complain because my VIII luck is strong but if I pulled on other banners I'm sure I would get horrible pulls. Lol

SSB fest will have 5 phases with 3 SSB weapons in each phase. I think they might avoid December due to us only having two SSB currently but maybe they'll rework the event to have more and release it then. I think some new came with the event anyway.

So you'll have an increased chance on SSB's and regular SB's. They won't be half priced but you'll have quite a few new options and hey, maybe you'll pull more than 1 so it's why many are planning to save for it. I'm not a 100% sure if I'll pull because I have CT now but we'll see. I'm debating currently if I should full on save for Edea event or split with Laguna.

MicH

The SSB celebration launches with four new MC2s for Tyro, Tidus, Paladin Cecil and Rinoa plus their SSBs. Depending on whether they have special plans for Christmas and/or New Years I could definitely see them pushing it back to January. As of right now we have no confirmation that it is actually coming or what relics will be there. In JP each banner had 1 SSB (with the exception of one banner which had two with Tyro's SSB) and five extra character relics on top of the SSB. Thats six character relics per banner! I highly recommend saving your mythril for this event

Entropia

No One Remembers
I got some record materia thing that converts attack to a heal? Optimize put it on Garnet, I was very confused when I saw her casting when doing Autobattle

MrDaravon

Yeah I totally get it. I've been lucky just focusing on VIII banners and getting the gear from them plus other realm gear from my pulls. I think the only other banner I pulled on other than VIII and special ones was VII which I was lucky and got Red's LH. But I remember when I first started I tried for Clouds buster sword and blew all my mythril and even did a paid pull and didn't receive a single 5* and it hurt(looking back now, it esp hurts because it wasn't that great of a 5*LOL) but unfortunately Gatcha games can be bad with drop rates. I can't complain because my VIII luck is strong but if I pulled on other banners I'm sure I would get horrible pulls. Lol

SSB fest will have 5 phases with 3 SSB weapons in each phase. I think they might avoid December due to us only having two SSB currently but maybe they'll rework the event to have more and release it then. I think some new came with the event anyway.

So you'll have an increased chance on SSB's and regular SB's. They won't be half priced but you'll have quite a few new options and hey, maybe you'll pull more than 1 so it's why many are planning to save for it. I'm not a 100% sure if I'll pull because I have CT now but we'll see. I'm debating currently if I should full on save for Edea event or split with Laguna.

I pulled on the FF8 banner since I only had 3 FF8 items, and got zero FF8 items from it lol

Yeah I wish we knew specific timing on the SSBfest; everyone seems to be pretty highly recommending the second FF9 banner hitting tonight (?) due to having some good stuff, FF9 is apparently a common realm coming up and I have no FF9 items as mentioned. So I'm inclined to pull on that at least, but past that I'm not sure. Assuming event patterns hold true it looks like after this it'll be a FFX event which I'm also lacking RS in pretty bad, but unless the specific items from that banner are amazing I can probably hold off on that. Then after that it's a FF6 banner and I'm already pretty good on FF6 stuff; lacking a bit on weapons but I have a TON of good FF6 armors.

It's weird because I'm coming into this relatively late so I almost just kind of want to roll with whatever seems convenient to pull at the time; short of dropping a ton of actual cash into the game I can't really "catch up" to day one players, and there's lots of day one players who still don't have certain items or whatever that they want. And then I see people talking about hoarding mythril until March for the anniversary event and I'm just like goddamn.

Falk

that puzzling face
I think gacha games have enough similarities (since they're all based on the same market research, really) that you can sort of figure how long it'll take to 'catch up' once you start and get a rough idea of the trajectory and where endgame is at.

FFRK's curve is rather lenient. There have been more generous catch-up mechanics than something like, say, Terra Battle or Kancolle (lol).

Probably still doesn't come close to PAD though. That thing still gets and retains new blood after 3 years.

My 25 pull
IAQPFrJl.jpg

Healing Wind is cool, but I use Aerith a healer and this things MND is low while MAG is through the roof. Gonna need to grind out Healing Wind and then give it to one of my mages.

MrDaravon

I think gacha games have enough similarities (since they're all based on the same market research, really) that you can sort of figure how long it'll take to 'catch up' once you start and get a rough idea of the trajectory and where endgame is at.

FFRK's curve is rather lenient. There have been more generous catch-up mechanics than something like, say, Terra Battle or Kancolle (lol).

Probably still doesn't come close to PAD though. That thing still gets and retains new blood after 3 years.

Oh yeah totally. Ironically when I got this tablet (I have a windows phone because I make poor life decisions so I can't play this game there) I mostly just wanted to check out Terra Battle and a couple other things, but wound up checking this out first and haven't even thought about downloading anything else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom