• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Turn based or action?

What is better?

• turn-based

Votes: 218 71.0%
  • action combat

Votes: 89 29.0%

• Total voters

SkylineRKR

I love FFVII R system. It looks good, and plays well. And you can switch characters which is good as each one has a different role. There is a reason the bar charges slowly on AI controlled party members, they want you to change.

FFXII i'd be cool with too. If i'm lazy I set up gambits and if needed I adjust or step in. I like the micromanagement.

Spyxos

Gold Member
I'd have sex in turn-based mode if I could

boston dynamics dancing GIF

A.Romero

I liked FFXVI combat system a lot. I like turn based too but I think it's better suited for other games.

FF is something different now from what it was back in the FFX days. I got over it a long time ago.

proandrad

This is why they should have kept the versus name. Although I enjoy the action based gameplay the series is heading in, it alienates the fans of the traditional systems. Now we have to all argue whether FF17 should be turned base or action, when we should get a traditional FF17 and an action FFversus17.

ergem

Plus think of the potential graphics of FF17 is they go turn-based route. Gameplay mechanics only loads when you encounter enemies.

If the world is open and only for traversal, it could have the same graphics fidelity of death stranding. If it’s not open world l, it could be even better.

Pidull

This is why they should have kept the versus name. Although I enjoy the action based gameplay the series is heading in, it alienates the fans of the traditional systems. Now we have to all argue whether FF17 should be turned base or action, when we should get a traditional FF17 and an action FFversus17.
Precisely. Killing turn-based Final Fantasy was a mistake. There is no other avenue for huge, turn-based JRPG's with massive budgets right now. Dragon Quest is close but it's simply not the same visual direction of FF, and the turn-based combat is overly basic.

Metnut

I prefer turn based ATB until the day i die.

Still enjoyed FF16. Great but flawed game. Combat was the least of its issues. Square needs to add meaningful exploration to their games.

FF16s combat was fine (but give us a real inventory and skill tree) but FF7Rs combat is even better.

Lunarorbit

I like both but action based has gotten way too busy on screen
Playing xenoblade chronicles and half the time I don't know what the monster looks like cause there's stats all over the screen. I really like the game but this is a problem for me with action rpgs

Top Bottom