• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Announced For PS4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prophane33

I'm going to assume that there was a communication error between Sony and Square-Enix. They kept saying "FF7 on PS4" and Sony was probably like "sweet! Yeah, that will be huge!" It was only DURING the presentation (if there wasn't a large-scale rehearsal) that they realized the folly of their ways.

SDCowboy

I'm going to assume that there was a communication error between Sony and Square-Enix. They kept saying "FF7 on PS4" and Sony was probably like "sweet! Yeah, that will be huge!" It was only DURING the presentation (if there wasn't a large-scale rehearsal) that they realized the folly of their ways.

I highly doubt that. The content all has to get approved. There is no way not to know the content that is in the show.

jooey

The Motorcycle That Wouldn't Slow Down
this is what happens when a bunch of older japanese men in suits that live in a bubble and are completely unaware of what are people's expectations and perceptions on a global scale makes decisions.

this very much exploded in their faces and rightfully so.

fuck a PC port.

yeah, that's their takeaway, mmhm, not the entire ballroom of people who cheered at the sight of a logo

Pardon the ignorance but what is the difference - for example - between my PS3 version of FFVII and this PS4 version? Would this one have Trophies for example to match the PC's achievement addition or are there simply some touch-ups from the original game and nowt else?

1080p and trophies.

Listonosh

I think this is one of Squares biggest offenses. Not simply for the fact that they mislead the crowd with a logo during what was mostly a ps4 presentation, but also because it's simply robbery. I already bought FF7 as a ps1 classic years ago. My PS3 can play it and my vita can play it, but then I'm expected to rebuy the game again just to play the PC port on the PS4? I don't think so.

The only thing that would have made that announcement better at the end is if they said all current owners of the ps1 Classic will get the game for free. I know I sound a bit entitled but after such an epic troll they managed to pull off, making it the second time they trolled their fans regarding ff7, that seems only fair.

Josh5890

I really hope that was the case and Sony just gave Square the benefit of the doubt.

Listonosh

of course it's related. releasing a port of the pc version implies that psone classics may not be coming anytime soon. if psone classics were coming to ps4, why would they even bother porting this?

Not to mention, why would they give us ps1 classics on ps4 when they can charge us separately for PS Now....

So does anyone know what Square's intentions where with this announcement?

Surely they must have known how this was going to go down.

I am trying not to believe they are so out of touch that they though all the people asking them for years for a HD version of FF7 just wanted this.

Gskyace

I said FF7 exists just before PS EXP in that locked thread.
However, I was still shocked by that Please Be Excited.

If I'm right, there is no reason for them to bring this brand again and again recently.
I mean they kept it waiting for a while. Then what's the reason to bring it back just as a PC port only? Hope it's just a test bomb.

So does anyone know what Square's intentions where with this announcement?

Surely they must have known how this was going to go down.

I am trying not to believe they are so out of touch that they though all the people asking them for years for a HD version of FF7 just wanted this.

I still am dumbstruck, either that was the first move in their extremely sophisticated PR plan to bring us FFVII Remake to PS4, or they like to see us in pain...or they are absolutely clueless.

Gskyace

tumblr_inline_mqhj1iqVts1qz4rgp.gif

Cute!
Capcom is better than SE now in my heart.

I have FFVII on the PSX, PC, PSN digital, and PC digital. I don't think I need the PC port on my PS4.

Unless there are trophies.

Any idea if there will be trophy support?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
I have FFVII on the PSX, PC, PSN digital, and PC digital. I don't think I need the PC port on my PS4.

Unless there are trophies.

Any idea if there will be trophy support?

...It's a port of the Steam version. You tell me?

wmlk

I said FF7 exists just before PS EXP in that locked thread.
However, I was still shocked by that Please Be Excited.

If I'm right, there is no reason for them to bring this brand again and again recently.
I mean they kept it waiting for a while. Then what's the reason to bring it back just as a PC port only? Hope it's just a test bomb.

You were simply mistaken.

This is what they meant by FFVII.

Hiko

Banned
The dumb thing about this announcement is that it won't be available until spring next year. You would think a simple port of PC version of a ps1 game could be ported in no time at all.

That doesn't sound very likely.

CLBridges

Sadly, even after all this I will most likely be "part of the problem" and purchase this yet again lol...smh. I have no expectations for a remaster and know that SE is just using the nostalgia as a money grab time and time again. Oh well.

TheTux

I think this is one of Squares biggest offenses. Not simply for the fact that they mislead the crowd with a logo during what was mostly a ps4 presentation, but also because it's simply robbery. I already bought FF7 as a ps1 classic years ago. My PS3 can play it and my vita can play it, but then I'm expected to rebuy the game again just to play the PC port on the PS4? I don't think so.

The only thing that would have made that announcement better at the end is if they said all current owners of the ps1 Classic will get the game for free. I know I sound a bit entitled but after such an epic troll they managed to pull off, making it the second time they trolled their fans regarding ff7, that seems only fair.

Robbery? You're not forced to buy the game and, as you said, you can already play the game on your PS3 and your Vita.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Man, some of the FF7 achievements on Steam are bad.

Get 99,999,999 gil? Come on.
All > Master

Triple AP > final dungeon Elixir monsters

kinn

I still am dumbstruck, either that was the first move in their extremely sophisticated PR plan to bring us FFVII Remake to PS4, or they like to see us in pain...or they are absolutely clueless.

It has to be this....Its got to be!

Maybe this port is will be a surprise release of the remake? .....who am i Kidding!

Combichristoffersen

Combovers don't work when there is no hair
Asking for a remake and getting a PC port is kind of like paying a hooker for a blowjob and getting a kick in the balls. Goddamn, SE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom