• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII G-BIKE TGS 2014 trailer

I was surprised by the quality of that trailer. I'm not against mobile games by any means, and I welcome any with higher production values and some thought into the mechanics.

It really comes down to whether they can maintain the fun of the game while also monetising it. As much as people hate IAPs, people spending 6 or 7 dollars on an app is more common than you'd think. People are more likely to spend that kind of money on IAP than an app upfront, so its here to stay unless people get more tuned into paying more than 99c for a game.

I mean, unless square just prices it at $20 like everything else they do in mobile.

new Cloud art by Tetsuya Nomura
ff7-gbike_140921.jpg
ok wow this is good.

SOLDIER

In the end of that video the Japanese guys start yelling "Remake!" while laughing.

They're just mocking us, aren't they?

SOLDIER

I would still like someone to translate the Q&A, specifically the Remake talk.

I'm sure it's just them joking about it but I'm still curious.

GioG

Neo Member
I'm just glad that they were able to reuse those Crisis Core and Dirge of Cerberus assets. I was worried they were going to be proactive and make new content. Maybe it's an attempt to remake FFVII in parts then sell the whole thing as a remake bundle.

Joke's aside, doesn't look like the worst iOS game ever. I remember the original bike minigame as well as the snowboarding thing being on Japanese phones or something.

mao2

hnngh

Throw this shit on Vita instead of Agito, Square.
CC2's president Hiroshi Matsuyama mentioned that he wants to release this game on Vita as well, so it may happen one day.
http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201409220001/
松山氏は「自分で作っておいてなんだけれど、こうやって見ちゃうとスマホだけじゃもったいないよね! PS Vitaとかでも出したいよね!」と、この作品の更なる展開をもくろんでいるようだ。

Endless bike runner without jumps and turns?

I thought it was a racing game. The combat thing doesn't look so fun.

Still getting it IF 1) it's cheaper than $3. 2) it's not freemium!

Beth Cyra

Reminds me of this

emasculatedcloud2.png
I have no idea how you can say they are similar, the feeling Cloud gives off is far more cocky then eve the seven photo.

The slight angle.of the head, small line.for his mouth and the harshness of his eyes as well as the the hand in the pocket? This is probably the must fuck you Cloud has ever been.

Rinoa

I have no idea how you can say they are similar, the feeling Cloud gives off is far more cocky then eve the seven photo.

The slight angle.of the head, small line.for his mouth and the harshness of his eyes as well as the the hand in the pocket? This is probably the must fuck you Cloud has ever been.

Forreal, someone needs to make the 3rd panel to that set.

chemicals

Oh damn me and my college buddies used to yell "G-BIKE!" really loud anywhere on campus we happened to be walking past eachother. Lol

RagnarokX

They couldn't have the music from the minigame?

Why is guard scorpion on the highway?

Will they at least tell you to attack the guard scorpion while its tail is up?

I shall now list all the quality mini-games in Square Enix's illustrious history so that they might better monetize their IP.

Triple Triad
Blitzball

That is all.

Niosai

This looks pretty good. Probably will have micro-transactions in the form of other playable characters.

I would also pay a small price of real money for a fleshed-out Blizball game...

Top Bottom