• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake New Key Visual

raven777

large.png

yea I think they will just do minor changes (like the design of the shoulder pad and stuff) from the compilation design

Yarbskoo

comparison
original sephiroth

big-boss-of-the-day-sephiroth-20091012004850712-000.jpg

I still like the original. He looks like he could kick the shit out of those other skinny dudes with his long ass legs, and he's the only one who's not afraid to confront the viewer directly. Plus, he looks like he might actually have some intelligence and charisma instead of just being a creepy sulking motherfucker.

Inuhanyou

Believes Dragon Quest is a franchise managed by Sony
I still like the original. He looks like he could kick the shit out of those other skinny dudes with his long ass legs, and he's the only one who's not afraid to confront the viewer directly. Plus, he looks like he might actually have some intelligence and charisma instead of just being a creepy sulking motherfucker.

In the game he's a creepy sulking guy who doesn't even look at the gang for most of the game outside of rambling about how shit is going down via illusion. I think that post insanity it fits, although i hope they portray him more crazy and disturbed in this game

Yarbskoo

In the game he's a creepy sulking guy who doesn't even look at the gang for most of the game outside of rambling about how shit is going down.

In most of the game, Sephiroth's not Sephiroth.

Also, wasn't he acting kinda normal in the flashbacks, before the trip to the spooky basement library? Cloud looked up to him like he was fucking Big Boss, but who the hell would idolize this guy?
latest

I dunno, I always thought he was more intimidating than straight up creepy, but creepy works for the doppelgangers I guess.

I hope no one's getting spoiled by this discussion.

Slater

Banned

Also, wasn't he acting kinda normal in the flashbacks, before the trip to the spooky basement library? Cloud looked up to him like he was fucking Big Boss, but who the hell would idolize this guy?
latest
Sephiroth in Crisis Core was pretty chill right up until the basement, basically same design just not all hunched over and capable of talking like a human

Inuhanyou

latest

I dunno, I always thought he was more intimidating than straight up creepy, but creepy works for the doppelgangers I guess.

I hope no one's getting spoiled by this discussion.

Yeah he was portrayed as a fairly sane kind of guy, also in crisis core he was also a fairly normal dude before he went insane, he was actually kinda cool cause you spent a decent amount of time with him there.

But afterward he was very creepy, which is usually what the image of sephiroth is, cause that's how he is portrayed through most of the original game.

DMiz

Seeing the wing pissed me off.

This. It feels so over-board, considering that most of Sephiroth's appearances in the actual game featured him WITHOUT the wing and it wasn't until most of his later, cross-over appearances that the wing became more prominent.

Oh, well. Can't judge until we get the game in our hands. Hopefully this is more of an image that they were using to get people excited rather than representative of most of the art design that is going into the title.

Inuhanyou

Everything about CC is a piece of shit. As long as there us no influence from that game, this remake should be decent.

Lol Crisis core was a good game. If you can't handle it being apart of the compilation, might want to check out now.

In general, people need to understand that this game is going to by default take into account all the stuff that came after the original game in some way, they aren't intending to avoid it. just because one personally may not like certain things about it doesn't really matter.

This game is not being created in a vacuum to create the original game. As Nomura said at one time, if you want the original game, go play that

Yarbskoo

Sephiroth in Crisis Core was pretty chill right up until the basement, basically same design just not all hunched over and capable of talking like a human

I guess. Honestly, Crisis Core Sephiroth kind of has a Kuja-like face and it kinda clashes with this guy in my mind.
c7aax3j.jpg

I guess that's just how anime trends have shifted.

Dice//

Banned
The AC wing is not encouraging in the slightest.

I'm curious of Nomura's design and thought process that just made him make "One Winged Angel", the song, into a literal design motif that wouldn't work so well in real life.

PaulBizkit

I love everything about Crisis Core except for Genesis. Angeal and Zack's dynamic is very well done, the turks, sephiroth, the relationship between aeris and zack. It was all amazing, it expanded upon the original game's story and the epic finale made me want to play FF7 even more.

Leave genesis out, but bring in as much as possible from CC.

AC had cool designs though.

kennyamr

That "key visual" is for the Mobius game, not FFVIIRe.

They are doing a collaboration so hence the FFVII title in the pic but this may differ from the art exclusively made for FFVIIRe.

Eylos

Banned
That "key visual" is for the Mobius game, not FFVIIRe.

They are doing a collaboration so hence the FFVII title in the pic but this may differ from the art exclusively made for FFVIIRe.

i watched the trailer and the cloud is different, he has the compilation buster sword

edit: and also sephiroth is very different from this pic

rataven

Daaaannng Cloud looks good. I'm torn though. As weird as gangly Cloud was, he was supposed to be sickly looking. If he's this buff by the end of the game, sure, but starting out he should really appear more frail.

i watched the trailer and the cloud is different, he has the compilation buster sword

EDIT: Whoops, didn't realize what you were talking about.

This is the compilation buster sword.

T7FbPmb.png

This is the remake buster sword.

QyM9RXd.jpg

This is the original buster sword.

FFVII-PC.jpg

The remake version is much closer to the original.

FFVII's 20th anniversary and that's all they could show? A fucking art piece? They last showed FFVIIR two years ago, what the fuck!

Nomura will never get this game ready is he? He's great at announcing games but finishing them? Not so much.

Inuhanyou

FFVII's 20th anniversary and that's all they could show? A fucking art piece? They last showed FFVIIR two years ago, what the fuck!

Nomura will never get this game ready is he? He's great at announcing games but finishing them? Not so much.

CC2 and Osaka team are working as hard as they can on these games, both FF7R and KH3. Its not up to one person to bring them out. I say let them have the time they need. We don't want another FF15 situation.

Yarbskoo

Daaaannng Cloud looks good. I'm torn though. As weird as gangly Cloud was, he was supposed to be sickly looking. If he's this buff by the end of the game, sure, but starting out he should really appear more frail.

In the original game, he isn't really supposed to seem sickly, at least not at first. He's supposed to be like this badass ex-military guy who has headaches sometimes, and no one really questions it. I don't remember anyone making any "this guy are too skinny" comments in the game.

Well, january's just ending, they have plenty of time to announce new info. E3 and TGS are the most probable events where the game could show up.

Though I'm too a little mad that SE only released this picture.

DKHF

Was last shown one year ago (PSX 2015), the game wasn't even announced two years ago. They also aren't going to show anything more substantial than this at an exclusive non-streamed non-hyped Japanese event taking place in the middle of the night for the west. If Sony is partially funding this game (as rumours stated when it was announced) they probably can't show a new trailer outside of a Sony event.

Inuhanyou

Why people (or gaf) hate Genesis so much ?

Because he's gakt and was put into Nibelheim for a cameo. Generally speaking i don't have an issue with him, but i think the echo chamber of distaste toward j-pop boyband type character aesthetics cemented the dislike.

Even if the morrow is barren of promises, nothing shall forestall my return

Genesis is basically a deviantart fan character made canon. He fights on par with Sephiroth, no! He's Sephiroth's BESTEST friend and betrays him. Also he also has a black wing, and recites poetry about how cruel life is and he was there at the most important part of the story just nobody remembers.

Top Bottom