• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake to ship early in Europe and Australia

Bullet Club

GJlRk32.jpg

tMOqVwR.jpg

Manji Uzuki

Nice movement for consumers. Anyway in countries with current lockdown I think going digital or wait are the only responsible options.

Would be nice if they advance global release date for everyone, but I guess that's not happening :(

Gavin Stevens

Formerly 'o'dium'
So, my pre-order may be safe after all, but possibly not, and I should expect the internet to be full of people playing it, with a chance I may not be playing it for ages.

AWESOME.

But to be fair its a great move of them to try and help in this situation, its got to be a logistical nightmare for something like this. Smack bang in the middle of this shite... Ugh...

Zephir

aaaand I'm afraid I'll not be included in this, because i preordered it on amazon, which is now giving priority to essential items...I'm afraid of my Persona 5 Royal copy as well

In other words, "everyone" will play it earlier - except for those suckers who bought it full price on the PSN (cause they wanted to avoid this exact delay) and who'll now be digitally lock-downed too.
Nice !

Dazrael

aaaand I'm afraid I'll not be included in this, because i preordered it on amazon, which is now giving priority to essential items...I'm afraid of my Persona 5 Royal copy as well

I received Persona 5 Royal from Amazon yesterday, I was supposed to get it tomorrow. Amazon might surprise you yet.

Zephir

I received Persona 5 Royal from Amazon yesterday, I was supposed to get it tomorrow. Amazon might surprise you yet.

Well, both games are still marked as not shipped, so if persona is not sent tonight, it'll be late...We'll see

RPGCrazied

Ugh. I went with Best Buy for this game. How are they with shipping games? I probably will still end up getting it later than April 10th.

Nymphae

Banned
I just preordered it on Amazon last night because they credited my account some money for missing some shipping dates recently.

It says the delivery date is like April 15, wish these guys would ship it early.

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
Well, hopefully the Mom and Pop place down the street from my work has it...

I'll have to give them a ring...
Maybe I should cancel the day off I took on release day. Who knows when it will arrive.

Or maybe I should just cancel my day off since I'm stuck at home already for the month anyways.
Wish I had this problem

My boss still drags my ass into the office (We're less than 10 people where I'm at) and we work in IT
Most of my day right now is to make changes so people can work from home -.-#####

JSoup

Banned

A trick I've been seeing people post about on the Amazon boards:
1. Order something that is considered essential (toilet paper, etc).
2. Set a forward delivery date around the time of the games planned release (depending on the item and time between now and then, this might require Prime).
3. Switch over to the shipping for the game and there should now be an "all in one box" shipping option.

Zephir

A trick I've been seeing people post about on the Amazon boards:
1. Order something that is considered essential (toilet paper, etc).
2. Set a forward delivery date around the time of the games planned release (depending on the item and time between now and then, this might require Prime).
3. Switch over to the shipping for the game and there should now be an "all in one box" shipping option.

Lol, thanks for the tip xD

Luckily, I'm not that desperate to play those games, I'll just wait a couple of days and I'll see what Amazon does

More time to finish the first Nioh then xD

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Ships early to the online retailers. Online retailers wait till day before it’s out to ship to customers.

sublimit

Banned
I'm still torn between buying it digitally or order the physical version. I have almost never bought a big game digitally and i'd hate to do so especially for a game like this.

The digital version is also around 15€ more expensive than physical (hurray for our digital-only future)

Last edited:

Zephir

Amazon shipped my Persona 5 Royal copy just minutes ago and it'll arrive in 2 days, so maybe FF7 Remake will arrive in time (kind of) as well...let's hope so

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I'm still torn between buying it digitally or order the physical version. I have almost never bought a big game digitally and i'd hate to do so especially for a game like this.

The digital version is also around 15€ more expensive than physical (hurray for our digital-only future)

I’ve been doing it since last gen. It’s really not all that bad if you ask me. You get the game in your library and it’s easy to start without worrying about the disc. It was so easy to play DmC and various titles last gen. Start console>start game>no disc.

I won’t discredit physical at all because having a physical disc is nice to look at. Having something in your physical hands is a huge bonus.

sublimit

Banned
I’ve been doing it since last gen. It’s really not all that bad if you ask me. You get the game in your library and it’s easy to start without worrying about the disc. It was so easy to play DmC and various titles last gen. Start console>start game>no disc.

I won’t discredit physical at all because having a physical disc is nice to look at. Having something in your physical hands is a huge bonus.
Physical being 15 euros more cheaper than digital is also a huge bonus. :messenger_winking:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Physical being 15 euros more cheaper than digital is also a huge bonus. :messenger_winking:
If you have nothing to look at besides price then consider if its going to be a good fit for your schedule. Launch week may be the best time for you, so spending $15 more is more accommodating for you. If your schedule won't free up till later then maybe saving that $15 is worth it. I don't know how everyone views this. If you're playing it early, on launch, or waiting 6 months to a year. It all boils down to whats convenient for you. If more patient than some. It all might sound crazy. Its not like it has an expiration date on the back of the box.

chitzy

Banned
Watching a stream on Twitch. First complaint is all the 2019 haircuts and fashion. Meaning the game probably won't age well.

Last edited:

sublimit

Banned
If you have nothing to look at besides price then consider if its going to be a good fit for your schedule. Launch week may be the best time for you, so spending $15 more is more accommodating for you. If your schedule won't free up till later then maybe saving that $15 is worth it. I don't know how everyone views this. If you're playing it early, on launch, or waiting 6 months to a year. It all boils down to whats convenient for you. If more patient than some. It all might sound crazy. Its not like it has an expiration date on the back of the box.
I meant that i can find the physical version for 15 euros more cheap (than the 70 euros the digital version costs) on release date. But it might take a few more days to arive. I'm also a bit stressed out to receive packages from couriers in this period (i know it sounds crazy but still :p)

Watching a stream on Twitch. First complaint is all the 2019 haircuts and fashion. Meaning the game probably won't age well.

You think THEY [empowered-multiracial-trans-women-group] will just go away?!

empowered-multiracial-trans-women-group-130860955.jpg

Fuck that, I'm ready to PAAAAAAAAARTAY!! Let's takedown that mean corporation now, right ladies!!

RPGCrazied

I wish at this point SE would just pull the plug and let retailers start shipping already. I'm pretty sure they have it already ready for ship.

Its ridiculous by the time America get it lots of people will have completed the game. This release has been a mess.

HoegLaw

One of the really interesting aspects of this is SE trying to control streaming and other content. I did a deep dive in Virtual Legality regarding some of the "passive aggression" you can see in SE's tweets (and usage license).

ThatGamingDude

I am a virgin
I wish at this point SE would just pull the plug and let retailers start shipping already. I'm pretty sure they have it already ready for ship.

Its ridiculous by the time America get it lots of people will have completed the game. This release has been a mess.
The current times have everyone in a scramble; context of the release still is relevant to the release

I'd bet there's some weird contractual shit keeping them from just releasing all the physical copies on top of it too

There's a few very very easy ways to get around this

Top Bottom