• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy VII Remake vs. Fallout 4

Vote for your Game Of The Generation!

• Final Fantasy VII Remake

Votes: 216 76.1%
  • Fallout 4

Votes: 68 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

.Pennywise

Banned
This match is part of the Game of the Generation Tournament. For rules, details and current brackets go to the Tournament thread (Click)

N47lCr2.jpg

Ellery

Easy FF VII R vote for me, but I didn't think Fallout 4 was that bad. Though well below many other great games in the tournament.

yunkaiza

Fallout 4 for me. And no, I'm not ashamed.

Playing it on the Survival difficulty made it a pretty great game, despite any shortcomings in story and dialog trees. FF7R was filled with so many more shortcomings.

My god survival was the worst shit ever. I dont know why I forced myself through that with the constant crashes and shitty save system. I need to try some survival mods at some point tho...

JORMBO

Darkness no more
Fallout 4 was really disappointing after I really enjoyed Fallout 3. FF7R is my favorite game this year so far.

Grinchy

Banned
My god survival was the worst shit ever. I dont know why I forced myself through that with the constant crashes and shitty save system. I need to try some survival mods at some point tho...
Was it a console issue? I played on PC and don't seem to remember any crashes, or at least not enough to leave a lasting impression.

The worst thing from my memory was all the settings that had to be changed in the ini files because of Bethesda being inept developers who still can't even figure out how to properly implement mouse settings in PC versions after all these years.

And the way that loading screens were tied to framerate, so you'd have to fully unlock the framerate to make the loading screens run at 600fps lol. What a shitty, ragged engine. And we get to keep using it for their newest games!

Arachnid

Neither. I don't like how FF left turn based behind, and Fallout 4 was the most boring entry they've put out. I guess I'll vote for Fallout though since it seems to be the underdog here.

Reactions: Fuz

yunkaiza

Was it a console issue? I played on PC and don't seem to remember any crashes, or at least not enough to leave a lasting impression.

It more than likely was. I played on PS4 and on many occasions I lost hours of gameplay because of completely random, inexplicable crashes. It's definitely been way smoother for me on PC now though, maybe because of the unofficial patch.

Bethesda really need to get their shit together with their engine. Those FPS problems on PC were annoying as fuck but thankfully the community fixed their game for them.

Dynasty8

FFVIIR is my GOTY. No game has hit me harder with nostalgia. Even though it's not perfect, it did so much right. The combat, the music, the characters/story (not the side quests though)...they knocked it out of the park. Also enjoyed Fallout 4, but there's definitely something special about FFVIIR.

If I'm being honest with myself, I had more fun with Fallout 4 despite the jank. FFVIIR was nice, but very forgettable and the meta spin they inserted into the narrative was fucking retarded.

Arkam

Loved FF7R!! Was definitely a few flat bits with worthless fetch quests. And another great example of Square Enix poor level design with this rats nest. BUt aside from those it was just awesome. Combat was fun, character models were superb, the cutscenes were enthralling. Just a great package. Fallout 4 was... ok. Probably better than I give credit, but I bought on sale and didnt feel the need to play more than 2-3 hours. Felt like a step down from New Vegas.

scydrex

Playing it for the first time in survival. I start playing it this quarantine. Had a couple ot crashes but not constant. Still the base game sucks big time. It look awful, a lot of LOD, pop in, the dialog sucks, a lot of loading. You are in the world map, enter a room a loading, then enter to the building another room so another loading... the graphics look like New Vegas.

This is no contest to me FF7R.

P.S. I'm glad i brought it for $20 with all the dlc and everything.

Last edited:

Pejo

The whole base building/recruiting aspect of Fallout 4 killed it for me before I even really got started. It was just busywork, and while I'm sure some people enjoyed the absolute freedom of building bases, I wish it was more grid-based and menu driven than making me try to drag stuff around and place it manually. I heard you can ignore the base stuff, but it seems like every quest I got was related to "save this mini town and then rebuild it". Plus they give you power armor right at the first few missions, kinda stupid. It's really a shame, because I loved Fallout 3 and the DLC, but couldn't get in to either NV or Fallout 4.

Anyways, I guess with my disappointment, I voted for FFVII remake just because I like the cast. I hate the shit they're doing with the story, so far. If they're going to fuck it up, I'd like them to fuck it up big and make some drastic changes.

Aerith better live and end up happy with Zack (who also better live - fuck time/causality ghosts!)

GymWolf

FF7 is a remake, Fallout 4 was supposed to evolve the franchise and ended up doing the opposite, but you're entitled to your opinion and vote.
And where i said that fallout 4 was a better game exactly? read my first post in this topic.
The rape of fallout started with f3, and because that game had a good success they did f4 in the same way but even more streamlined and shitty.

I always feel like I should loot everything I see in Fallout 4, which gets boring as fuck. And managing the inventory is a complete disaster without mods. But I haven't played FFVIIR so I'm not voting.

DarkestHour

Banned
Fallout 4 was great outside of the weak writing. Never had issues with it and put 150 hours in to the game. Didn't play FF7R because I already played FF7 enough that I'm quite sick of it.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
final farce demake 1/7th was even worse then fallout 4

grats everyone loses. :pie_roffles:

Top Bottom