• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X and X-2 coming to PC May 12th

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rellik

One of my favourite games, but I don't think I can squeeze out another playthrough of this after filling out the sphere grid for every character. That burned me out for life.

I never got around to X-2 other than the intro, and X is cheesy as hell but I still love it. As long as the port is solid I'm a sucker for this.

chaosblade

Unconfirmed Member
Hopefully the port is solid. Passed on the remaster since I have the originals but I'll bite on PC assuming they don't screw it up.

And it's one step closer to XII.

Zojirushi

Well damn, first nothing but rumors and now they just throw it out like there you go guys :)

I skipped all the remasters so far so I hope there are some improvements for this version since I probably won't be able to resist on PC.

But yeah, halfway expecting a disaster port.

Ogawa-san

I'm positive XV is coming to PC at this point, they're probably gonna release it with the PS4Neo rerelease.
There's no doubt it will, and you can see in this very thread why it hasn't been announced/acknowledged yet: people multi-dip when they don't have to choose one over another.

Corpekata

Banned
If the date is true this makes the IX delays all the more baffling. You'd think they'd want more than a month between releases.

Hot damn. My PS3 just died, and I don't plan on replacing it until PS4K comes around, so it'll be nice to have another way to play FF-X should I choose to jump back in. I'm concerned about the quality of the port, and I'm not paying more than $20 for it (I have a limit for triple dips)... and I'm a bit pissed that I lost all my progress as is. I'm never going to be able to get that damn Sun Sigil again! And it's really close to the release of Blood and Wine, which should tide me over until No Man's Sky.... OK, I'm just totally killing all my own hype. Well, hopefully it's good.

Edzi

Looks like speed boosters/no encounter mode are in too. Hopefully the original OST is in too, like on PS4.

If modders could add the old PS2 face models and Japanese VA, it'd be perfect.

Foffy

Banned
Quite surprised they announced the date so quickly after they publicly announced it.

We've known it existed for months, either from Amazon or that Steam leak. Probably both.

Looks like speed boosters/no encounter mode are in too. Hopefully the original OST is in too, like on PS4.

The game has dual audio

You are on steamgaf all the time. Its been known it was coming for months :/

But if you didnt know you didn't know

I didn't think it was actually going to come out... At all. Like those test "Half-Life 3" apps from random developers, and old abandoned ports like Lollipop Chainsaw

Tohsaka

It's dual audio according to the store page.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
A year after the PS4 version as expected. I actually prefer the English cast on this one so I'll probably wait for a sale to buy the game for a 4th time.

Hikami

Did the PS4 version also let you choose between English and Japanese audio?
That's the one I played.. can't remember if I had a choice though.

Tagyhag

I'm sure it will. The logic isn't tied to FPS, you can emulate it in 60.

I hope you're right. This being a Japanese dev, they're still not fully understanding how important unlocked framerates are to PC gamers.

So maybe they thought it wasn't important to say while it still being there, or at least a 60fps cap.

Granjinha

I really hope this is a nice port. They nailed it with FFIX and this seems to be in the works for a long time, so...

Surprised to see it coming so soon, though. And dual-audio. <3

Also, i really hope we see Star Ocean at some point. It's another studio, but it's Square and they seen keen on porting their japanese games to Steam, so...

Did the PS4 version also let you choose between English and Japanese audio?
That's the one I played.. can't remember if I had a choice though.

No they didn't have JP audio on PS4 or PS3 because they wanted to keep the versions as identical as possible with the vita version due to limited space.

PRAISE THE LAWWWD!

wait, they're also including boosters and auto-save options. PRAISE DA LAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWD!

FLD

God damn, that is pretty quick after FFIX. I guess they really were just sitting on it for months...

I'll definitely jump in day one, as long as the price isn't ridiculous. A little bummed out that they're selling it as a two-pack, though. I'm getting both anyway but I'd rather each game was a separate entry in my Steam library.

What's no encounter mode btw? Disables all random encounters?

Certainly sounds like it. It was also an ability you could slot onto armor, so it's not like it's brand new to the game, just that there's a new cheat added that allows you to activate it without going through the trouble of making/finding equipment for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom