• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY X/X 2 HD Remaster for PS4?

I will buy if true. It would make more sense to make Kingdom Hearts collection to PS4/Xbox one since the next game is coming...Who am I kidding? Kingdom Hearts 3= PS5/Xbox 2 .

So PS4 in spring is gonna have Final Fantasy 7, Final Fantasy 10, Final Fantasy 10-2 and Final Fantasy Type 0 with a demo of Final Fantasy 15

Flarin

Cool! I'd play that

Fuck sake of course I would double dip. Wankers.

i can not express my happiness right now

be still my beating hard

I'm gonna replay this shit so hard

I'd buy it.

I already have them on the Vita, PS2 & PS3, but what the fuck I'll quadruple dip this.

Welp guess I'll be buying this version also >.<

And this is why Square keeps releasing these.

RPGCrazied

We all are... :/ SE loves to ignore that game though for whatever reason...

Seems like easy money to me. Of course its just one game, doesn't Sony have a rule with HD collections on PS3? Has to be more than one game. Revenant Wings in HD? :p

Trogdor1123

Well that could be interesting. I wonder if they will half ass it like they are doing with the FF7 "remake".

When are they going to do FF12?

Just to be clear, I am buying the FF7 remake so I know that I am part of the problem...

Famassu

Oh wait, how about VII HD on my PS4/VITA while we're at it, oh wait.... friggen' SE...
How, exactly, do you think they would just make a VII HD? That would be the result of a big team re-doing everything from the pre-rendered backgrounds to character models, animations, VFX, SFX and pretty much everything else. Easily a 2-3+ year job for a team that could otherwise work on something completely new (TWEWY 2? A new Ito project? help finish FFXV by the end of 2015? new IPs like Bravely Default?). And even then, this kind of quick port is not resources away from a project like FFVII HD, if they were actually making something like it.

I'm ok with this if it leads to FF12 HD (prefer on Vita but would be plenty happy with it on PS4) and/or KH Remasters on PS4.

Square, come on...

Give me excuses to send you money

Danlord

That's Eurogamer incompetence. We had a good laugh about it when they posted the face-off.

They had 1080p unchecked in the PS3 display settings.

Oh wow I didn't know that.

Surely if a current-gen title than hit 1920*800 with 4xMSAA(The Order: 1886) and a lot of more complex effects, a PS2 game ported to PS3 ported to PS4 can have 1080p60 with 4xMSAA? Final Fantasy X was my 2nd favourite FF next to VIII, and I never managed to complete it on PS2.

kinoki

Illness is the doctor to whom we pay most heed; to kindness, to knowledge, we make promise only; pain we obey.
I'll have to start buying these just so we can see Final Fantasy XII HD released.

Seanspeed

Banned
They just need to release all this shit on PC so I don't ever have to rebuy any of them. We're getting there, but we still need the PS2 games!

Maxim726X

Fuck me with a tire iron, I just got finished pouring 70 hours into FFX Vita/PS3.

I can't justify buying a 3rd remaster. Just can't.

Takao

Banned
FF14 expansion is Spring too lol.

I'm sure they'll release 18 mobile games within that time too.

I think it's a bad idea to put this out so soon. Not only are they stepping on the toes of other Final Fantasy releases, I'm not sure a tonne of people are going to want to pay $40 for this a year after the PS3/Vita release. It's not like those sold poorly.

Elios83

Not yet, but after this I don't doubt they will do them eventually cause they'll need something to fill the gap until KH3 lol.

Ok thanks, I wanted to buy 2.5HD for Christmas but it makes more sense to wait for the whole series to eventually jump on PS4 with KH3 as well. Considering I've already played all those games I can wait.

Top Bottom