• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY X/X 2 HD Remaster for PS4?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
That's a result of them taking two years to release some enhanced ports.

If this, XV and VII PC Port are PlayStation only, why are they even bothering with Type-0 HD and XV on XB1?

SE makes uneven decisions? idk. Look at last generation when they were riding on the 360's success. The same thing is probably happening now with PS4 selling so well and they didn't anticipate it.

Cornbread78

How, exactly, do you think they would just make a VII HD? That would be the result of a big team re-doing everything from the pre-rendered backgrounds to character models, animations, VFX, SFX and pretty much everything else. Easily a 2-3+ year job for a team that could otherwise work on something completely new (TWEWY 2? A new Ito project? help finish FFXV by the end of 2015? new IPs like Bravely Default?). And even then, this kind of quick port is not resources away from a project like FFVII HD, if they were actually making something like it.

Nobody said it wouldn't be a project. I'd rather wait to 2016 and get an Advent Children style remake than the PC port of the original. From a few differnt user accounts, it's been hinted at that it has already been worked on, and didnlt they already have some updated assets when they did they PS3 tech demo? Th bottom line is that FFVII, Sony and Square themselves deserves better than what they announced.

Revenant Wings in HD :p

Revenant Wings in HD along with FFXII would be an awesome combo for PS4/VITA!

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
What are the chances of FFVIII/IX and XII get Remastered/PC ported?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Craxy why they wouldn't - I'd think it would've had to garner a better reception than the announcement of the PC version of VII.

SE didn't even have Type-0 at their booth... all they had on display was that Lara Croft game.

Hiko

Banned
What are the chances of FFVIII/IX and XII get Remastered/PC ported?

FFVIII is possible.
FFIX has no PC version so that's not happening.
PC versions of these remasters? I don't know of any game with "only on playstation" that appears on PC.

SE makes uneven decisions? idk. Look at last generation when they were riding on the 360's success. The same thing is probably happening now with PS4 selling so well and they didn't anticipate it.
Imagine if the FF XV reveal was 1 year after PS4 release. I am sure they would have never bothered with the XB1 release.

Takao

Banned
Weren't the DS games just videos in I.5 and II.5?
Guess DDD will be one too and included with 3 :p

The DS games would require PS3 remakes. Blow up DDD to HD and it'll look okay. BBS is fine in HD.

Also, I felt it was pretty obvious a Kingdom Hearts: The Story Till Now release was going to hit PS4. KH3 isn't coming anytime soon and with their handheld studio developing that they need some meaty content to keep the brand in minds.

Cornbread78

SE didn't even have Type-0 at their booth... all they had on display was that Lara Croft game.

So essentially what you are saying is all that SE talk over the summer about them changing their ways and getting back in touch with their fans was a complete load of $hit, like we all thought and they still will continue to make $hit business decisions and distance themselves from their fans? a LC game at a Sony event and nothing there to celebrate the 20 years of partnership?

Note taken...

Camisado

I really hope this isn't true. But I wouldn't put it past them. I got the Platinum for FFX on my Vita and am working through X-2 still now. I won't double dip though. They can only take the piss out of me so much.

TheTux

Cause a Final Fantasy VII port is more important.

You know, even though I'm still pissed they announced it there, i'll still buy it cause I'm an awful person.

Hmmm I'm not so sure. I know lots of people who would never buy VII again but would gladly rebuy X because it's a remake.

Yeah I believe X/X-2 may sell more than VII's re-re-re-re-release, what do you think?

Edit: BTW you lucky PS4 owners will probably get Lightning's trilogy before the end of the year.

squall211

I'm very interested in this *if* we can use our existing PS3/Vita saves.

Otherwise, as much as I love both X and X-2, I don't think I can put myself through those shitty minigames again.

Well, if you're porting this to the current gen then all of the work for getting it up and running on the PC is done already. I guess that we'll continue to see SE pushing their major franchises on the PC for the foreseeable future

Namikaze

Bought the Limited Edition of this on PS3 at launch but still haven't even played it. I'll definitely be selling that version off, what a waste of money in hindsight (I use to preorder a bunch of games and not get around to playing them, learning my lesson now).

Eh...

I'm ready for FF9 to stop being ignored, FF12HD PS4, 13 PS4 remaster, and 15.

How many rereleases of FF10 can we really do in a 1 year timespan.

havent they basically lost all of the ff9 stuff, meaning it'll probably be forever ignored?

I'd really like 12international though.
That's a result of them taking two years to release some enhanced ports.

If this, XIV and VII PC Port are PlayStation only, why are they even bothering with Type-0 HD and XV on XB1?

thought I read somewhere here that 15 was going to be ps4 only before the new president took over and freaked out thinking they needed to do both? wasn't sure on impact of consoles and how the sales would go or something and wanted to get back as much as possible.

On Topic, i'll buy this. I only have the vita version and would like to be able to go back and forth between the two when I'm at home and stuff. any enhancements over the ps3 version will be totally alright with me

Toth

Honest question:

How much can we expect from the switch from PS3 to PS4 when it comes to these remasters? FFX HD looked pretty sharp already on the PS3.

I literally haven't put the discs into my PS3 even though I bought them at launch. Square has now made my list of publishers from whom I'll not by games until at least a year after release.

Faustek

Did they really manage to dick ride 360 back then? From what I gather all their exclusive 360 games sold bad?

Honest question:

How much can we expect from the switch from PS3 to PS4 when it comes to these remasters? FFX HD looked pretty sharp already on the PS3.

If they are spending any extra time to downsample it...wouldn't mind a 4k internal resolution dsed to 1080 :)

Hikami

Pretty cool, I have yet to play it so I might be interested.
If its the exact same as the PS3/Vita version though I'll just end up buying the Vita version instead I guess..

quesalupa

Crap, I just remembered the whole Skyrim PS4/XBone thing. Hope this isn't one of those. Probably not though, this is easy money for Square.
Side note: My iPod autocorrected Xbone to XBone, what in the hell is this magic?

Squire

Banned
Honest question:

It depends. I'm sure they won't double down on it and retouch the graphics again. Adding the original FFX OST as a toggle like some of is hoped is a pipe dream; it didn't happen on PS3, so I don't expect it here. They could up both games to 60fps, but the jury's out. That might fuck with X-2s combat, too.

Edit: I've long thought X-3 will be Toriyamas next game. This further cements my theory. As awful as it is, they didn't set up new plot for nothing.

Salex_

Heh PC users sure like to port beg. Anyway I love FFX so I'll probably end up grabbing the PS4 version too.

It's a bit crazy at this point. Some people are even tricking themselves into believing that a PC version of [insert announced game] is confirmed and coming soon. I saw posts in this in the Bloodborne, Quantum Break, Persona 5, GG Xrd, Sunset Overdrive, and others threads.

Ienzo

Neo Member
This might be announced at jump festa hopefully this and final fantasy vii is not the new game they were supposed to announce this month

Top Bottom