• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY X/X 2 HD Remaster for PS4?

FFVIII is possible.
FFIX has no PC version so that's not happening.
PC versions of these remasters? I don't know of any game with "only on playstation" that appears on PC.

SFV? Any PS4 console exclusive game that has an accompanying PC version?

gooface

Banned
instead of this, why dont they release a compilation of all the PS3/PS2/PSX games? I'd buy that, but I just got this for PS3 and I see no reason to get it again for PS4. Probably no different at all.

DNAbro

Hmmm I'm not so sure. I know lots of people who would never buy VII again but would gladly rebuy X because it's a remake.

Yeah I believe X/X-2 may sell more than VII's re-re-re-re-release, what do you think?

Edit: BTW you lucky PS4 owners will probably get Lightning's trilogy before the end of the year.

I thought my sarcasm was blatant enough.

Asd202

Eh whatever I don't think this will sell very well. They'll probably also port the PC versions of XIII games to PS4 later on.

Takao

Banned
they haven't announced xii hd yet because they're busy thinking of a good answer to give journalists as to why it's not on vita
matsuno doesn't work for them anymore so they can't blame poor director eyesight

Loakum

Banned
It had BETTER be some upgraded graphics, or else I'll pass on this. It's no point, since I just got this for the PS3.

DNAbro

they haven't announced xii hd yet because they're busy thinking of a good answer to give journalists as to why it's not on vita
matsuno doesn't work for them anymore so they can't blame poor director eyesight

here is one

"it won't make us enough money"

Seda

There are a few things they could add which would be nice. Japanese voices, soundtrack toggle, cutscene skip, improved visuals and framerate of course.

But with modern SE, I assume it'll probably be a straight port.

Asd202

After how KH 2.5 sold the only viable platform for XII HD is PS4 and that would require a lot of effort and time. Don't think it's happening anytime soon.

We uhh have been uhh working to bring the most out of FFXII and we ehh could only do that on the PS... oh fuck it.

Vashetti

Banned

Going by sales numbers that we have, the PS3/Vita split in sales for X/X-2 HD was around 60:40

The Vita version performed really well I think.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
There are a few things they could add which would be nice. Japanese voices, soundtrack toggle, cutscene skip, improved visuals and framerate of course.

If they wanted to they could've done this on PS3.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
I haven't even gotten around to touching my PS3 Limited Edition yet. Whatever. Not buying this. I can't see how it'd be worth it if you already have it on PS3.

Now just release a Kingdom Hearts Ultimate collection for PS4 that includes DDD and a FFXIII trilogy with all DLC included and cleaned up assets in LR that don't look like balls.

Son Of D

Seems like easy money to me. Of course its just one game, doesn't Sony have a rule with HD collections on PS3? Has to be more than one game. Revenant Wings in HD? :p

Well that seems to have changed with PS4 seeing that single games are getting remastered.

Also people keep forgetting that FF Tactics got a PSP game they can remaster. They have sprites from the iOS version and it won't be the first PSP game remastered on PS4 (hello Type-0). Not to mention it's set in Ivalice and has a Balthier cameo.

Kikujiro

So, can we expect a FFXII remaster for PS4?
The FFX remaster was clearly a big success and now they are releasing it on the PS4, there's no way FFXII is not coming.

mao2

Nah, Square Enix aren't that kind. They'll post on PS Blog saying that it's coming to Vita then delete it and announce that it's PS4/Xbone only.

Sesto

Banned
honestly FF X HD on vita is glorious, I can only recomend it, don't know how this remaster will look on the PS4.

And now I expect the KH remasters to hit the PS4 too
and FFXII IZJS

HeelPower

There won't be a single improvement done to the PS4 version.

But it sure is nice to be able to play FFX on the PS4!

Blobbers

I can't. I just can't, man. FFX is my most replayed JRPG ever. I mean, who does 3 playthroughs of a 100+ hour JRPG. Me, that's who. Sorry, SE. Now if you announce FF XII HD, then we can talk. How hard can a remaster of that game even be. Just upscale the resolution, add a tweak here and there.

Radius

Thanks, Square Enix, for keeping us entertained until XV's release. If possible please squeeze in mobile versions of X and X-2, a PS4 port of VIII, a Vita re-release of Star Ocean 2, ports of the KH games and some other games hardly anyone has asked for before inevitably making XII HD in 2017 and releasing XV in 2018.

Elios83

I think they said they were looking into it or something like that?

Yes they said it would be the natural progression or something like that....but we're talking about Square Enix here....and unfortunately FFXII has no one within the company pressing to remaster it since the big guys still there were not involved with the game except for Kawazu who probably doesn't even care.

Squire

Banned

It's gonna be a straight port. If we're lucky they'll boost the frame rate because they can, but I'm pretty sure toggles and graphic touches are off the table.

The answer: FFXII HD would not sell as well as FFX HD.

Tabris

If it shares trophies, I'll buy them. If not, fuck that.

I'm halfway through FFX-2 and done FFX outside mastering it / platinuming it.

Top Bottom