• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster - PS3/Vita, 2013 [Amazon: $40, Trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thorgal

Found this on playstationlifestyle. It is a Gamestop weekly ad where it says you can have a “Free Limited Edition Upgrade” when you pre-order the Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster.

http://www.gamestop.com/gs/weeklyad/current/062613/olfsi_062613-2.aspx

ILpaFPg.jpg

Apparently there is going to be added content available on a supposedly limited edition of FF X/X-2 HD.

Perhaps an artwork book and soundtrack .if they want to go big it might also be small models of the characters.

we will have to wait for more info.

Flarin

I have yet to see the Vita versions for pre-order anywhere. Are those versions releasing the same time as the PS3 version? I'd be curious to see how they price them as well considering X and X-2 are releasing separately on Vita while the PS3 version has both.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
GotF can't come fast enough!

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I'm going to get this. When X came out I had it reserved and got it at launch. Beat it within a week. Thought it was excellent. When X2 was coming out I barely payed any attention. I thought that the whole changing outfits was kinda of lame at first. So I didn't buy X2. I did however get the chance to play X2 back in 2006. I just didn't remember the plot that well to warrant a play through. But this looks good, especially with it looking a tad better than before. I just put a preorder in at Amazon.

I never understood the love of the cosplay. Probably because its one FF that I didn't remember like the others. Hopefully it will be a good HD remake.

I have yet to see the Vita versions for pre-order anywhere. Are those versions releasing the same time as the PS3 version? I'd be curious to see how they price them as well considering X and X-2 are releasing separately on Vita while the PS3 version has both.

I thought they already said the vita ports would be $30 a pop?

X/X-2 are pretty low on my list for the series but I will get them on Vita as soon as there's a sale on PSN.

AmanoBuff

Maybe they're like the Vita version of Zone of the Enders HD Collection. Maybe they've been canceled.

Very unlikely. They keep mentioning the Vita version in almost every interview. They have even said that it would be a waste not ti use some of the unique capabilities of the console (like the touch screen for example).

Aurizen

I wonder when we'll get more info on this limited edition... the game is in the final stages of development. hopefully within a few weeks or this week we'll get more info on that, since Gamestop knows something about it maybe an announcement is imminent

Reveirg

Just wait. Knowing Square Enix, Last Mission will be retailer exclusive DLC or available only in a limited edition set.

Really?
When have they ever used such a strategy for a gameplay-centered feature??

Gee people hit at S-E for completely random stuff, it's ridiculous.

Aurizen

Just wait. Knowing Square Enix, Last Mission will be retailer exclusive DLC or available only in a limited edition set.

Nah, doesn't seem like S.E. to do that. they will give everyone the same gaming content... it might be a art book..

I'll be somewhat annoyed if Last Mission is DLC, since it was free in the original International version, but I guess if they had to go to the trouble of getting back the old VAs then I would be more forgiving.

I'm definitely looking forward to this though. I've been wanting to replay the X saga and the only reason I haven't started yet is because I'm waiting for this. I never thought we'd ever get to play the International versions, so I'm happy that my replay will include new bonuses too.

On top of that, I really think X-2 is one of the funnest FF games in the franchise. So happy they included it. I liked how it was non-linear and you followed the story at your own pace. Plus, I thought Yuna's story was compelling.

RPGCrazied

Yeah, I don't see limited edition nothing. Just says coming soon. If anything we might get an artbook, but I doubt we will get much more than that.

Holmes

I know it's difficult to do any sort of limited edition for X and X-2 on the Vita that is similar to the bundled PS3 version, especially since both games will be sold separately, but if there's a limited PS3 edition, and nothing for the Vita games, then I'll just go ahead and lay down on the floor... forever.

Are they scaling back the random battle frequency in FFX? Not interested if they're not...

I'm pretty sure the random battle frequency is deliberately tweaked to make it at least reasonably likely that people will have a minimum of X experience points leading into each boss fight.

That said, an NSG playthrough is actually kind of piss-easy if you allow Aeons, special equipment, and overdrives, so experience doesn't matter too much, but yeah.

No tweaks huh? I still don't think I've ever gotten Tidus' ultimate weapon. I couldn't handle that blasted chocobo racing mini-game. I gave up. So frustrating. The butterfly thing sucked, too, but I did it. I didn't get Wakka's either. I didn't wanna play 50 hours of blitzball. Maybe I'll give blitzball another chance though. I had a little fun with it. But I never, I repeat NEVER, wanna dodge 200 lightning bolts EVER again. I don't think I can take that. So yeah I wouldn't mind tweaking the ultimate weapon conditions. >_<

RPGCrazied

No tweaks huh? I still don't think I've ever gotten Tidus' ultimate weapon. I couldn't handle that blasted chocobo racing mini-game. I gave up. So frustrating. The butterfly thing sucked, too. I didn't get Wakka's either. I didn't wanna play 50 hours of blitzball. Maybe I'll give blitzball another chance though. I had a little fun with it. But I never, I repeat NEVER, wanna dodge 200 lightning bolts EVER again. I don't think I can take that. So yeah I wouldn't mind tweaking the ultimate weapon conditions. >_<

They already said no to changing celestial weapons. It was in an E3 interview.

I'm pretty sure the random battle frequency is deliberately tweaked to make it at least reasonably likely that people will have a minimum of X experience points leading into each boss fight.

So lower the frequency and increase the XP awarded. Simple enough, all they need to do is modify some numbers.

No tweaks huh? I still don't think I've ever gotten Tidus' ultimate weapon. I couldn't handle that blasted chocobo racing mini-game. I gave up. So frustrating. The butterfly thing sucked, too, but I did it. I didn't get Wakka's either. I didn't wanna play 50 hours of blitzball. Maybe I'll give blitzball another chance though. I had a little fun with it. But I never, I repeat NEVER, wanna dodge 200 lightning bolts EVER again. I don't think I can take that. So yeah I wouldn't mind tweaking the ultimate weapon conditions. >_<

If anything, I'd rather have them make some of the Celestial Weapons more powerful than change the conditions for getting them (seriously, all of the Double AP ones are gimped, especially Rikku's Godhand).
So lower the frequency and increase the XP awarded. Simple enough, all they need to do is modify some numbers.
That'd only be acceptable if they also made the enemies harder, which would take actual rebalancing and playtesting work. Simply making the game easier for free, when it's already an easy game, would be stupid.

That'd only be acceptable if they also made the enemies harder, which would take actual rebalancing and playtesting work. Simply making the game easier for free, when it's already an easy game, would be stupid.

Not easier, just less annoying and more fun. It's 2013 -- playing a game with random battles is a tough enough sell as it is. Playing a game with a random battle every 2-3 steps is just not fun.

BibiMaghoo

Not easier, just less annoying and more fun. It's 2013 -- playing a game with random battles is a tough enough sell as it is. Playing a game with a random battle every 2-3 steps is just not fun.

There are still people in 2013 that want random battles, and find them fun...

Fucking with this in the game would ensure I wouldn't buy it, and I doubt I am alone.

They already said no to changing celestial weapons. It was in an E3 interview.
NOOOOO!

If anything, I'd rather have them make some of the Celestial Weapons more powerful than change the conditions for getting them (seriously, all of the Double AP ones are gimped, especially Rikku's Godhand).
B-B-but! 200 lightning bolts! :(

Ah well, I wasn't expecting a change there. I still am traumatized by Lulu's weapon though. I kid you not, I got to 198, and my sister came in and messed me up, and another I thought I got to 200, but I guess I miscounted and got 199. I raged.

I feel ya. I don't like random battles either especially really common ones. I think there's an ability that lessens them in the game I think?

It makes me hope X/Y tones down the encounter rate, Pokémon series really needs to do something here. Black and White were really really annoying.

Takao

Banned
Is there a reason why they are being mum about the vita versions?

They probably don't know how to release them. X and X-2 are being released separately on Vita in Japan (probably due to Vita game card size limitations), but with the $40 price tag in North America on PS3 I can't see how SE would justify $30-$40 for each game on Vita, and they're definitely not doing $20 retail releases. My suggestion is to just make X-2 a downloadable title on Vita, and include a code with copies of X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom