• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster - PS3/Vita, 2013 [Amazon: $40, Trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse, but it sucks that there's still only a %1 chance of seeing these games on a single SD card, in a physical release on Vita. MGS HD Collection pulled it off, and was still able to sell the games digitally as a collection OR separately.

They've got to know even people with 32GB cards don't have room for games that are likely going to be 2-3 GB apiece (i'm assuming it has to be under 3.8 GB to comply with the possibility of 4GB cards, the same way 20 & 40GB PS3's used to limit install policies).

1000371_10201511092246159_634372447_n.jpg

Even with always opting for physical release of anything if it's available (and importing if need be), I gave up on my initial Vita plan of having Final Fantasy 1-10 on a single device, and deleted all those space-hogging PSOne games when the indie games started rolling out. Between that and the PSP remakes of Final Fantasy 1 & 2 only being available on the UK's store, I'm just gonna probably not buy these games and cross my fingers for some english language Asia Pacific edition to pop up on ebay.

I'd make any amount of room needed for FFXII HD, but not for X & X-2. I kinda feel obligated to buy these to lay down the bankroll for the one I really want, like it's a kickstarter... hopefully it happens anyway.

I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse, but it sucks that there's still only a %1 chance of seeing these games on a single SD card, in a physical release on Vita.

MGS HD Collection pulled it off, and was still able to sell the games digitally as a collection OR separately.

They've got to know even people with 32GB cards don't have room for games that are likely going to be 2-3 GB apiece (i'm assuming it has to be under 3.8 GB to comply with the possibility of 4GB cards, the same way 20 & 40GB PS3's used to limit install policies).

Even with always opting for physical release of anything if it's available (and importing if need be), I gave up on my initial Vita plan of having Final Fantasy 1-10 on a single device, and deleted all those space-hogging PSOne games when the indie games started rolling out. Between that and the PSP remakes of Final Fantasy 1 & 2 only being available on the UK's store, I'm just gonna probably not buy these games and cross my fingers for some english language Asia Pacific edition to pop up on ebay.

Owning a vita is like first-world-problems. So depressing that they don't have 200gb memory sticks. I don't purchase a game now because that means getting rid of stuff on my memstick.

Jawmuncher

I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse, but it sucks that there's still only a %1 chance of seeing these games on a single SD card, in a physical release on Vita. MGS HD Collection pulled it off, and was still able to sell the games digitally as a collection OR separately.

They've got to know even people with 32GB cards don't have room for games that are likely going to be 2-3 GB apiece (i'm assuming it has to be under 3.8 GB to comply with the possibility of 4GB cards, the same way 20 & 40GB PS3's used to limit install

I'd make any amount of room needed for FFXII HD, but not for X & X-2. I kinda feel obligated to buy these to lay down the bankroll for the one I really want, like it's a kickstarter... hopefully it happens anyway.

Yeah I'm really confused on what they'll be offering for Vita. As a compromise ill take separate vita releases at 20 each on card. But I have a feeling square wants to avoid that because they know the majority of sales will be of X and not X-2

Yeah I'm really confused on what they'll be offering for Vita. As a compromise ill take separate vita releases at 20 each on card. But I have a feeling square wants to avoid that because they know the majority of sales will be of X and not X-2

See like... you and I would just say "cool, $40 for a physical copy" and be happy with it. Other people will cry foul if it's not $20, when they likely had no interest in buying the Vita version in the first place... especially not on retail. 10 or 20k of us (total guess) buying a small, one-time pressing of boxed game cards is small potatoes for Square and they don't eat small potatoes. They throw them away - same reason they won't chase $5 x 100k for Einhander on US PSN: "not enough interest"

From polls, shahid knows a lot of us want physical media still, and like to have the option of both... the info is there that their most spend-happy consumers want to give money to anything that gets a physical release. I feel like they should put a bargaining table in place where they essentially offer the same distribution handling that a niche localization team would - ala Class of Heroes 2 on PSP - to handle a specialized service for a customer group.

Over the last year Sony seems to have begun to look at gamers as fragmented audiences with many different tastes and interest. A mainstream that's fed by smaller, significant streams, and with as strongly maintained as PSM has been... I'd say no potatoes are too small for them.

Jawmuncher

there will a be new episode written by Nojima at the end credit scene. Its about 30 minutes.

For Real?
Interesting.

See like... you and I would just say "cool, $40 for a physical copy" and be happy with it. Other people will cry foul if it's not $20, when they likely had no interest in buying the Vita version in the first place... especially not on retail. 10 or 20k of us (total guess) buying a small, one-time pressing of boxed game cards is small potatoes for Square and they don't eat small potatoes. They throw them away - same reason they won't chase $5 x 100k for Einhander on US PSN: "not enough interest"

From polls, shahid knows a lot of us want physical media still, and like to have the option of both... the info is there that their most spend-happy consumers want to give money to anything that gets a physical release. I feel like they should put a bargaining table in place where they essentially offer the same distribution handling that a niche localization team would - ala Class of Heroes 2 on PSP - to handle a specialized service for a customer group.

Over the last year Sony seems to have begun to look at gamers as fragmented audiences with many different tastes and interest. A mainstream that's fed by smaller, significant streams, and with as strongly maintained as PSM has been... I'd say no potatoes are too small for them.

Yeah that's definitely a good point.
Hopefully is able to pull some persuading with Square.

raven777

What's this? Expanded ending? Whats this episode stuff?

we don't know what will be in this new episode. They are having new casting voices which means we might see some new character in this new episode. Considering it will show up at collection's credit scene (not the credit scene for X or X-2, but they are making a new credit scene for the collection) I assume it could be story after X-2?

RPGCrazied

we don't know what will be in this new episode. They are having new casting voices which means we might see some new character in this new episode. Considering it will show up at collection's credit scene (not the credit scene for X or X-2, but they are making a new credit scene for the collection) I assume it could be story after X-2?

Interesting. Maybe this is why they are bringing back voice actors? They didn't all out confirm Last Mission, sure would be nice to have some clarification.

Why would they want to show new character at that point?
X-3 confirmed for PS4

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
Why would they want to show new character at that point?
X-3 confirmed for PS4

I don't think they were talking about new characters but just new voice recording. Which hints towards Lasf Missiom or perhaps this epilogue.

Maybe instead of Last Mission they would rewrite the parts of the story into a new 30 min cutscene.

AmanoBuff

Hot damn lulu.

Hoping on cross buy. If so, day 1.

Not a chance if you ask me. Especially considering the Vita versions will be two separate releases.

It would be great if we get cross-save though. But even if we don't I will still buy both versions physically as well as double-dipping on the Vita digital versions.

Not a chance if you ask me. Especially considering the Vita versions will be two separate releases.

It would be great if we get cross-save though. But even if we don't I will still buy both versions physically as well as double-dipping on the Vita digital versions.

Yeah I know :( I just love setting myself up for disappointment lol. If I was picking up a version it would be for the Vita as I feel when the PS4 comes out, I'll be turning my PS3 into a netflix box :/

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Yoshinori Kitase confirmed at the Japan Expo in Paris that cross saving will be possible between PS3 & PS Vita.

Source: TotalManga

Ooooh yeah. Buying all versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom