• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster - PS3/Vita, 2013 [Amazon: $40, Trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aureon

Please do not let me serve on a jury. I am actually a crazy person.
In Italian translation, Zidane was Gidan.
So, for me it's gi-dan. End of the story.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
In Italian translation, Zidane was Gidan.
So, for me it's gi-dan. End of the story.

ibxXIt8ul99wMe.jpg

AmanoBuff

OnFire331

Tidus said:
Two years, it's has been two years since Spira entered the eternal calm. I was given a new life. For a year, I was able to walk alongside Yuna. It was great... it really was.

It seems to imply he was only able to stay with her after X-2 for a year, unless he was referring to the pilgrimage in the first game. If it's the former, wouldn't it imply that X-3 is in the works?

Reposting for a new page to see what people think.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
The problem is with the localization. If they wanted it to be pronounced like the original, they needed to spell it differently. It should probably be "Tedus."

It'll be less confusing if they just called him Sun, Sunny, or Sonny.

It's Tie-dus and Zid-ayne. Square weirdos can get fucked, if they want the names pronounced differently then spell them differently! Idiots.

SirNinja

I doubt it.

it was just a nice epilogue.

That's what a lot of people said about the Eternal Calm video, too, and the fan response over that ended up paving the way for X-2. Now we're getting a suspiciously similar epilogue - one that's twice as long as EC and introduces multiple new characters. Just sayin'...

It isn't unreasonable at all to think they might be using these remasters to gauge interest for a continuation of the franchise. I would absolutely be up for a FFX-3.

Squire

Banned
That's what a lot of people said about the Eternal Calm video, too, and the fan response over that ended up paving the way for X-2. Now we're getting a suspiciously similar epilogue - one that's twice as long as EC and introduces multiple new characters. Just sayin'...

It isn't unreasonable at all to think they might be using these remasters to gauge interest for a continuation of the franchise. I would absolutely be up for a FFX-3.

That's a really good point!

See, I was thinking the fact they're only using audio and not visuals (thus not getting any new designs from Nomura) would mean they don't plan to explore the world any more past this.

But knowing Square, they're just swamped right now. They could show off a X-3 trailer in two years and give that exact reason: "We were busy."

And lets not forget, they've explored the idea of X-3 before. They wanted it to star Rikku.

Aurizen

but what possibly could they have in X-3?

A sim city like game where you help Tidus rebuild spira?

No aeons, no tragedy. no sin.... I mean I would like an X-3 if the Aeons would return.... but i dont think its possible to have an X-3

That's what a lot of people said about the Eternal Calm video, too, and the fan response over that ended up paving the way for X-2.

Eternal Calm was an advertisement for X-2, made well after the game was already in production.

I've always pronounced them Tee-dus and Zee-dahn. English is not my first language though.

English's pronunciation of "i" is pretty idiosyncratic thanks to the Great Vowel Shift. It'd be "Teedus" in most of Europe.

Lothar

Banned
It's Tie-dus and Zid-ayne. Square weirdos can get fucked, if they want the names pronounced differently then spell them differently! Idiots.

The worst is calling Cecil Sess-sil. Just that makes FF4 DS almost impossible for me to play. It's so annoying.

Trigger

I genuinely thought it was pronounced "Tide-us" because of the prominence of water in the world's design.

Also: I'd kill for a X-3. Love the universe so much.

Zoe

The problem is with the localization. If they wanted it to be pronounced like the original, they needed to spell it differently. It should probably be "Tedus."

They really shouldn't have tacked on the "us" in the first place and left it as Teeda.

inner-G

Banned
I think they can get away with Tide-us.

If the audience isn't going to get the reference anyway, why feel compelled to keep it in?

I really don't understand the resistance to learning a new pronunciation. I too started out pronouncing a lot of Final Fantasy names wrong, but I learned to adapt. It's not that hard.

Pronunciations. What a silly thing to get attached to.

Erigu

The reason for the localized pronunciation of "Tie-dus" was to make the connection with water explicit in Engllish.
Not that there was a connection with water in the first place... As said above, the name is based on the Okinawan word "Tidaa", meaning "Sun".

I really don't understand the resistance to learning a new pronunciation.
For names like "Cecil", I'm not sure either. But in some cases, Square sure comes up with... "interesting" alphabet spelling / pronunciation combinations.

I know people IRL called Zidane (Zi-dahn, as a surname) and Cecil (Sess-sil, as a middle name) so the pronunciations never took me by surprise. I'm a "Tide-us" person rather than a "Tee-dus" person, though.

Kyon

Banned
The way she acted in X-2 basically reminded me of a catgirl. All the prancing and hyperactivity was just unbelievably grating to me. I vastly preferred her FFX persona by comparison.

LOL she was @ her best in X-2. It was't grating or DEPRESSING like X so she didnt have to act that way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom