• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster - PS3/Vita, 2013 [Amazon: $40, Trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

AmanoBuff

$40 is a bit much for an HD remake

Any single one of those games provides far more hours of gaming than most HD collections released to date as a whole.

I say it is a pretty awesome deal.

And that's without even considering the quality of the remaster, which is looking to be way above the standard HD treatment.

Aurizen

I want to know about that limited edition... I want to know if i should keep my amazon order or go to gamestop and preorder. :(

Famassu

All HD remakes with 2-3 games have been that price, or singular releases like Okami HD have been 1/2 of that. Besides, FFX | X-2 HD isn't just a simple HD-upport, they are first & foremost bringing the International Content outside Japan, improving graphics & audio and even adding a 30-minute epilogue (or something). That's hardly your standard cash-in HD port. Not to even mention these are big JRPGs so they've got a lot more work to do than for some shorter HD ports that've sold for the same price.

Yoshinori Kitase confirmed at the Japan Expo in Paris that cross saving will be possible between PS3 & PS Vita.

Source: TotalManga

Fuck me. So perfect. Grinding and monsters and blitzball when I'm out and about or on the train, and main story and cutscenes when I'm at home on my PS3. My veins, Square. Hook that shit right up.

Levito

Banned
I cannot believe how good the new models look, Jesus Christ if this performers well this will be the best HD collection ever.

SirNinja

Yoshinori Kitase confirmed at the Japan Expo in Paris that cross saving will be possible between PS3 & PS Vita.

Awesome news if true. Now we just need cross buy...

$40 is the standard launch pricing for all HD remakes. Also...are you honestly worried about not getting your money's worth on this?

I just seen a rumor saying it will be released october 17 or 18th
That sounds about right - hopefully there's at least a small bit of truth to it.

I want to know about that limited edition... I want to know if i should keep my amazon order or go to gamestop and preorder. :(
The Limited Edition thing was probably just a mistake by Gamestop. If it actually does turn out to be a real thing, it will be revealed at least several weeks before release, so that everyone who wants to cancel and reorder can do so if necessary.

there will a be new episode written by Nojima at the end credit scene. Its about 30 minutes.

This can only mean one thing...

OUvObNr.jpg

Lumination

'enry 'ollins
Glad for cross-save. Will definitely pick up both day 1.

As for the extra 30 minutes, I'm excited. At best, it'll be a new "rewelcoming" to the cast of one of my favorite games of all time. At worst, it'll be something non-canon in my eyes and I move on.

Squire

Banned
Awesome news if true. Now we just need cross buy...

Not happening.

People tend to let their imagination run wild with regards to cross-buy. Sony uses that to get you to buy indie games and occasionally first-party HD remasters you might not normally. There's no way it'll ever happen for something like FFX HD. Square would be throwing money away.

Voror

Not happening.

People tend to let their imagination run wild with regards to cross-buy. Sony uses that to get you to buy indie games and occasionally first-party HD remasters you might not normally. There's no way it'll ever happen for something like FFX HD. Square would be throwing money away.

Hasn't it always been their own games when it wasn't an indie title as well?

In any case, good to hear on the cross-save. Was planning on getting both versions either way as my sister wanted to play on the console while I take the Vita, but having the option to import the save if I want is nice.

They should really include a download for the Vita version with the PS3 one, and vice-versa(Of course, it should only be usable on the same account that the disc version is first played with.)

Is something like that even possible with the way the PSN store and PS3 account system is set up?

If not, it's be nice if they could look into it for PS4...

Zoe

They should really include a download for the Vita version with the PS3 one, and vice-versa(Of course, it should only be usable on the same account that the disc version is first played with.)

Is something like that even possible with the way the PSN store and PS3 account system is set up?

If not, it's be nice if they could look into it for PS4...

That's cross buy.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I hope there's a LE set that includes the PSV and PS3 versions.

Wilsongt

Dat triple dip!

Not happening.

They've been experts at that lately, honestly.

Astarte

Is it going to have skippable cutscenes? I don't want to see that 10 minute Yunalesca cutscene slapped in my face again

alice

Dying to buy this. It might even get me to finish X-2, which I previously sold after the first 3 hours because I was so upset with how different Yuna seemed in the sequel.

If they have cloud saving on this where you play on Vita, save it. Load up on PS3 there won't be enough Fry and spongebob pictures for how much money I want to give SE.

I skipped X and X-2, but as a long time FF fan I'm very interested in playing these games. As a someone who loved of FF5,6,7,8,9, and enjoyed 13, 13-2, will these games treat me right?

B.K.

As a someone who loved of FF5,6,7,8,9, and enjoyed 13, 13-2, will these games treat me right?

If you liked XIII, you'll probably like X even more. A lot of the game design for XIII can be traced back to X. X just gives the illusion that you have more freedom though.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I skipped X and X-2, but as a long time FF fan I'm very interested in playing these games. As a someone who loved of FF5,6,7,8,9, and enjoyed 13, 13-2, will these games treat me right?

If you enjoyed 13, then you'd go crazy over X.

X hits it when it comes to characterization and cutscenes, not to mention you can do a lot of stuff in X compared to XIII.

B.K.

FFX didn't use illusion. It actually had far more gameplay variety than FFXIII.

But it does. The zones in the game are just as linear as anything in XIII, but X eventually gives you an airship and lets you go back to different areas, making it look like it's more open that it is.

Squire

Banned
The new episode is an audio drama. They're dubbing it, too!

APZoneRunner said:
Giving those at the event a sneak preview of the new story chapter written by series scribe Kazushige Nojima, game producer Yoshinori Kitase revealed that the 30-minute addition will take the form of an audio play, recorded with both the English and Japanese cast of the game.

The short preview featured Tidus, again voiced in English by James Arnold Taylor, recalling some of the final events of FFX and FFX-2. He sets the stage - it's two years later, and he has been given an all-new life to walk alongside Yuna.

http://www.rpgsite.net/news/2486-final-fantasy-x-hd-remasters-new-30minute-episode-takes-the-form-of-an-audio-drama

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
OCTOBERRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom