• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster - PS3/Vita, 2013 [Amazon: $40, Trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Squire

Banned
yup, I guess this is what they meant by a part thats being dubbed, by the original voice actors. but I wonder if there are any other parts thats being redubbed.

It's possible they've some scenes if they found the actors. It really depends on how many of the characters can be heard in the new episode.

That said, this is definitely what they were hinting at. I think Last Mission is either DLC or it's out.

Ixion

But it does. The zones in the game are just as linear as anything in XIII, but X eventually gives you an airship and lets you go back to different areas, making it look like it's more open that it is.

Who cares if it's just as linear? That's not the point. The point is that FFX had far more variety along its linear path. That's real.

Everyone seems to look over that for some reason.

Yazuka

They do say his name, in the new 30 minute audio drama/whatever.

Well I was hoping for more, but I guess it's better than nothing. I just sort of hated that they never called him by his name in the game. Always "him" or something like that, if I'm not mistaken.
Sure minor problem, but it still bothered me.

Erigu

I just sort of hated that they never called him by his name in the game. Always "him" or something like that, if I'm not mistaken.
Sure minor problem, but it still bothered me.
I agree. I really don't think it was worth having all those unnatural lines just for the sake of letting players rename him, especially considering he was his own character, personality, backstory and all, not some mute cipher.

Yazuka

I agree. I really don't think it was worth having all those unnatural lines just for the sake of letting players rename him, especially considering he was his own character, personality, backstory and all, not some mute cipher.

Yeah, exactly. It would have made things so much better between him and Yuna at least she said his name in the game.

D

Deleted member 20920

Unconfirmed Member
I don't quite remember where. I've been trying to find a link...
I'll edit if it (finally) comes up.

EDIT: Ah, found it! 00:17:42
Oh wow English voice acting! Man, I don't care what people say, Tidus' voice actor is great. I just think his direction was a little off in the original, but in that clip he sounds great.

I wonder if that 30 minute epilogue is leading to maybe another FFX game or if it's just giving a little more closure. It introduces new characters, so who knows.

Normally I wouldn't think it's very likely so long after the X/X-2, but look at the compilation of VII. I gotta admit, it's kinda surreal to be getting new story content for one of my favorite FF games after such a long time. Let's just hope that any more X stuff is better than the VII compilation. The story so far sounds good, wish it was animated, though. Nojima's writing, though and I'm happy to hear more about Tidus. :)

libregkd

but for which game is that on? X or X-2. I assumed X, that they might want to tie things up better. If it was for X-2, then perhaps we would see an X-3.
Just from the small sound clips that were posted, it sounds like the audio epilogue takes place after X-2.

injurai

Banned
Interesting. I feel X-3 might be used to gauge the interest in a more traditional turn based FF game before going that route for future mainline titles.

OnFire331

Tidus said:
Two years, it's has been two years since Spira entered the eternal calm. I was given a new life. For a year, I was able to walk alongside Yuna. It was great... it really was.

It seems to imply he was only able to stay with her after X-2 for a year, unless he was referring to the pilgrimage in the first game. If it's the former, wouldn't it imply that X-3 is in the works?

Erigu

It seems to imply he was only able to stay with her after X-2 for a year, unless he was referring to the pilgrimage in the first game.
It's a weird bit, isn't it?
Since Final Fantasy X-2 takes place two years after the previous game, it would seem the audio drama takes place then ("Two years, it's has been two years since Spira entered the eternal calm."), after the good ending ("I was given a new life.").
But then, he says "For a year, I was able to walk alongside Yuna. It was great... it really was." Wouldn't that make three years, then? Or is he actually talking about the pilgrimage, now? But wouldn't that make the line fairly awkward, then?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom