• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster - PS3/Vita, 2013 [Amazon: $40, Trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
And the real problem of the real problem is that the dark aeons block the way to some of the ultimate weapons that would really help against them.
Eh, only if you missed them the first time through when you should've gotten them. However, there is some stuff (like some Jecht Spheres) that you won't have gotten unless you straight up backtracked all the way to Besaid at certain points in the game well before getting the airship.

Boogiepop

Not a terrible price I suppose, but seeing as I'd just want it for X-2 (played through X recently), I think I'll wait for the price to drop a little.

I remember how I beat the FFX OPM demo 50 TIMES! I was so blown away by the graphics! Besaid island was so beautiful and the animations during combat even better!

Goli

The contrast between the S-E praise in this thread and the S-E hatred in the FF5 remake thread is pretty amazing.

One has people saying they're vomiting, the other they're becoming orgasmically happy.

The worst part is FFV seems to have more effort put into it than this.

Shahed

And the real problem of the real problem is that the dark aeons block the way to some of the ultimate weapons that would really help against them.

If you make sure to get the specific Crests/Sigils the first time, then the Dark Aeon's shouldn't get in the way. IIRC, it's only the Sun Crest and some of the extra Temple trials/Jecht Spehre's that get blocked off

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
This is worth the money just for having X-2 Int in English.

Do not underestimate how much extra content is in it; my old 100% complete save came in well north of 140hrs. Now I'm not saying that it would necessarily take everyone that long, but its a big game by any standards.

In terms of potential hours of play for the money, I doubt you will not get a better deal this year. These are both 100hr + titles if you go for all the side-content, and you really should as the combat in both these games is pretty much the pinnacle of the entire FF franchise.

akaoni

Banned
Japanese audio with subtitles included?

They did say that all regions would be getting the international content, or was that just EU/US? I know the JP international version had the English language track instead. Either way a better question is what they're going to do about the sound quality itself, the old JP voice recordings sound very poor in my opinion, can't comment on the English recording.

prwxv3

I really do hope that SE brings back the ability to use any party member at any time during battle. I used every one when I played X
except for kimahri

So glad they're doing a remaster of the last amazing FF. in going to do everything this time around. Be prepared lightning, cause you gonna get dodged.

I want another game with FFX's battle system. I love it so much.

FFX-2's is really good too.
Thirdagebox.jpg

I personally didn't like it, though =/ Not even FFX's battle system could make this fun for me.

jaxword

I haven't had a chance to read the whole thread yet...

What are the main differences from the International versions?

Honestly, you may want to wiki this one because there's a ton.

The most noticeable in FFX is more superbosses and associated small sidequests to get to said superbosses.

FFX-2, however, has way more. A whole extra dungeon (that's almost a new game in itself, it's so long and repetitive), a fighting arena, and, again a ton of new bosses. Oh, and the arena grants party member changes, too.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
They did say that all regions would be getting the international content, or was that just EU/US? I know the JP international version had the English language track instead. Either way a better question is what they're going to do about the sound quality itself, the old JP voice recordings sound very poor in my opinion, can't comment on the English recording.

The English sound quality was pretty poor, as well, though I'd guess the masters are fine.... it was just compressed to shit when they put it on the PS2 disc.

The most noticeable in FFX is more superbosses and associated small sidequests to get to said superbosses.

FFX-2, however, has way more. A whole extra dungeon (that's almost a new game in itself, it's so long and repetitive), a fighting arena, and, again a ton of new bosses. Oh, and the arena grants party member changes, too.

Okay thanks everyone.

I'll check out Wiki in a bit.

Shinta

Banned

And new jobs, right?

FFX2psychic.jpg

jaxword

Yeah, but I didn't want to spoil anyone with that. :(

FINAL FANTASY X-2 is also getting the International treatment, high definition graphics and more content than I can list! But you’ll have to wait a little bit longer until we reveal the full list of enhancements and extra features.

If its the content from FFX-2 Last mission then this is the best news ever

Same, StalkerUKCG, don't you think it'd be neat for people to learn all that on their own?
VVV

FINAL FANTASY X-2 is also getting the International treatment, high definition graphics and more content than I can list! But you’ll have to wait a little bit longer until we reveal the full list of enhancements and extra features.

If its the content from FFX-2 Last mission then this is the best news ever

Dress Spheres Festival-Goer, Psychic and Bare
Creature Create a system similar to the Monster Arena where fiends can be captured, trained and used in battle. Many of the Final Fantasy X and Final Fantasy X-2 non-player characters can also be trained and used in battle, including Tidus, Auron, Seymour, Lulu, Kimahri, Lucil, Nooj, Baralai, and several others. Over 150 additional party members can be gained through this system, with the majority having their own very small storylines
Last Mission a storyline-based mission set three months following the defeat of Vegnagun where Yuna, Rikku, and Paine meet up for the first time since their victory to explore the recently-discovered Yadonoki Tower ruins. The tower has 80 levels with a boss battle on every 20th level. On every 10th level, the girls have a conversation regarding current events in their lives and in Spira.

Daingurse

In for Vita versions for sure. My first Final Fantasy, definitively better than 13 at least. And X-2? Dat combat system, so much fun.

Valnen

The fact that NA is getting international content is INCREDIBLE. It's something I never in a million years expected to happen. I thought I'd have to learn Japanese one day to experience it for X-2. Between X and X-2 I probably spent 200 hours on those games. The gimped NA versions at that!

I can't have that disc inside my PS3 soon enough.

Next up, XII international zodiac job system?

Thirdagebox.jpg

I personally didn't like it, though =/ Not even FFX's battle system could make this fun for me.

How have I never heard of this? I'm looking up gameplay videos of that and it looks fun.

Getting the international versions in glorious HD sounds good. It's been a long time since I played these so I will probably be there day 1.

Shinta

Banned
Yeah, but I didn't want to spoil anyone with that. :(

Same, StalkerUKCG, don't you think it'd be neat for people to learn all that on their own?
VVV

I honestly didn't think it was a spoiler. I can delete it if you guys really think it is.

Why isn't this coming out on 360 as well? It would make sense from a financial perspective for Square Enix surely?

Does Sony still have exclusive ties to past PS2 Square Enix games?

I also find it odd that Splinter Cell HD trilogy was for PS3 only and not the 360, when that series has always been known to be a Xbox centric series (and one of the games in the trilogy only appeared on Xbox 1 orginally I believe). How/why in god's name does Sony keep having exclusivity to these hd remakes? Same with the Prince of Persia HD trilogy.

Does Microsoft not care for these remakes or something?

Reveirg

So much WIN from S-E lately. KH Remaster looking, Drakengard 3 announcement, this is looking GREAT.

I'm really hoping they get it out fast. With A Realm Reborn probably coming out around July-August, and both LR: FFXIII and KH 1.5 coming out this Fall... FFX/X-2 HD coming out in June would make perfect sense.

injurai

Banned
So much WIN from S-E lately. KH Remaster looking, Drakengard 3 announcement, this is looking GREAT.

I'm really hoping they get it out fast. With A Realm Reborn probably coming out around July-August, and both LR: FFXIII and KH 1.5 coming out this Fall... FFX/X-2 HD coming out in June would make perfect sense.

yes + "prease be excitedo"

Huh. Judging from that screenshot of Tidus, it looks like they put more work into this than simply presenting a higher resolution. May grab this after all.

Mr.Ock

Man, looking good! Honestly didn't expect so much from SE. (I expected them to pick up the game, upres it and call it a day)
The day they announce FFXII International HD is the day I can finally die (maybe not, I'd like to play that)

Reveirg

yes + "prease be excitedo"

And if that DQX amazon.fr posting is actually relevant... more good news incoming.

Now we just need Versus XIII, Type-0 HD localization and FFXII HD remaster and we're all set.

Oh and I'm really hoping X/X-2 gets the KH 1.5 music re-recording treatment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom