• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy X | X-2 HD Remaster - PS3/Vita, 2013 [Amazon: $40, Trailer in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yjynx

Why isn't this coming out on 360 as well? It would make sense from a financial perspective for Square Enix surely?

Does Sony still have exclusive ties to past PS2 Square Enix games?

I also find it odd that Splinter Cell HD trilogy was for PS3 only and not the 360, when that series has always been known to be a Xbox centric series (and one of the games in the trilogy only appeared on Xbox 1 orginally I believe). How/why in god's name does Sony keep having exclusivity to these hd remakes? Same with the Prince of Persia HD trilogy.

Does Microsoft not care for these remakes or something?

simple - wouldn't sell -

Necrovex

Man, looking good! Honestly didn't expect so much from SE. (I expected them to pick up the game, upres it and call it a day)
The day they announce FFXII International HD is the day I can finally die (maybe not, I'd like to play that)

I really disliked FFXII when I played it back in high school (Jesus, I feel old writing that just now), and I wouldn't mind giving it another shot if SE released the International Edition over here. It sounds like it fixed some of the core problems I had with the vanilla version.

Rpgmonkey

Looks pretty good.

Already played the International versions years ago so there's no new experiences for me to have here, but it'll be nice to have them in HD at a surprisingly decent price.

Shinta

Banned
And if that DQX amazon.fr posting is actually relevant... more good news incoming.

Now we just need Versus XIII, Type-0 HD localization and FFXII HD remaster and we're all set.

Oh and I'm really hoping X/X-2 gets the KH 1.5 music re-recording treatment.

Crazy that this is a slow period for SQEX, and yet it's still XIV: ARR, Lightning Returns, X/X-2 HD ReMIX, KH 1.5 HD ReMIX, PS4 FF announcement at E3, Drakengard 3, FFV mobile (not to mention Tomb Raider on the Eidos side, or Soul Suspect, or Deus Ex: HR Wii U).

They just release so much stuff. I'll never get the hate, personally.

Mr.Ock

I really disliked FFXII when I played it back in high school (Jesus, I feel old writing that just now), and I wouldn't mind giving it another shot if SE released the International Edition over here. It sounds like it fixed some of the core problems I had with the vanilla version.

Heh, I was in high school too! Good times! Only difference, it's my favourite FF alongside X (and VI), and yes, the international edition seems to fix the few qualms I had with the game. Also, seeing the incredible world of Ivalice (best setting in a FF ever!) on dat OLED, man it would be glorious!

RedSwirl

Character models/textures are clearly improved, so it's not just a direct higher resolution render. Unsure on the environments, could be unchanged.

Needs more AA.

Maybe they altered the use of the different models?

I remember in the original FFX each character had like three in-engine models (or at least facial models): An in-gamepaly model, a cut scene model, and a close-up cut scene model for more facial animation.

Reveirg

Crazy that this is a slow period for SQEX, and yet it's still XIV: ARR, Lightning Returns, X/X-2 HD ReMIX, KH 1.5 HD ReMIX, PS4 FF announcement at E3, Drakengard 3, FFV mobile (not to mention Tomb Raider on the Eidos side, or Soul Suspect).

They just release so much stuff. I'll never get the hate, personally.

Yeah, in NA, we're getting more HD releases from S-E Japan this year than we have in the last 3 years combined.

They're finally getting their act together and I can't wait to see how this will show during next-gen.

CGI cutscenes are untouched, still at 4:3, right? Just like KH HD?

Aren't KH 1.5's CGI cutscenes actually re-rendered in 16:9?

Stark

Banned

Me too. I might like it more now. At least from a gameplay perspective.

Ainaurdur

I think I might want to get both on Vita, depends on whether they are the exact same as the PS3 release or not. Price might also be a factor.

But really no reason
, at least no good reason,
why they can't be $20 each. ;)

DR2K

Banned
The contrast between the S-E praise in this thread and the S-E hatred in the FF5 remake thread is pretty amazing.

One has people saying they're vomiting, the other they're becoming orgasmically happy.

Well FF5 looks like poo. I mean the new sprites not the game.

Shinta

Banned

FFXII on the go, on Vita, would blow my mind.

Wasn't XII-HD at least teased at some point? My memory's a bit foggy. At any rate, I need that in my life. XII is my third favorite FF and I'd love to play the International content.

Wasn't XII-HD at least teased at some point? My memory's a bit foggy. At any rate, I need that in my life. XII is my third favorite FF and I'd love to play the International content.

I don't think so. I would remember. Although considering how gorgeous the game looks, I'm not sure 720p would be enough to do justice to the game's textures. A Final Fantasy XII remaster should be done on the PS4 so we can safely expect it to be in 1080p at 60fps.

Aurizen

And new jobs, right?

FFX2psychic.jpg

what class are those? and what are the best ones would you recommend? in FFX-2 for each player?

DR2K

Banned
So when they did the Piggyback guide for the International version, it wasn't complete?

No matter. But just out of curiosity, what information is missing? If it’s spoilers, go ahead (just spoiler it for others).

Oh sorry Piggyback is European, so yeah it should have everything.

Only 40 bucks! I expcted SE would charge 50 for them, since the MGS collection got away with it (then again, it has 3 games, but it's also the "highest-tier" of franchise from the PS2 days.)

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
KH's are rerendered in widescreen. So are these it seems, but slightly cropped.

They didn't rerender these in widescreen, they were cropped with improved quality.

Do you guys remember those rumors two guys posted on the release dates of these and how we'd be hearing more about them and seeing them sooner than we thought? Were they legit? I remember they tried to counter Kagari's reluctance to believe them.

And SE...please. Please. For the love of god.

Give me FFXII HD next. Please. Don't even change it a lot. Maybe The IZS version but...I just want it, playable, on my system. With TROPHIES :)

Sulla1980

Very excited about this.

My only concern is that my FFX PS2 save has the al bhed dictionary on it. And now I will need to start all over again, so I will have no idea what they are saying at the beginning!

It's so strange for me. I was nearing the end of FFX-2 around the time Sony gave us the PSU holiday demo disk where Viewtiful Joe (vowed to never play the game after this happened) deleted all my save files. Started FFX-2 over again only to have a memory card corruption when I had got about 10% further than last time. Started it over from an older save file on a different card but, was so burned out I stopped playing half way.

A decade later and I actually might get the chance to beat FFX-2.

Aeana

what class are those? and what are the best ones would you recommend? in FFX-2 for each player?
That's the psychicer job. That and the festival goer job were new to the International version, and they're both kinda eh. Still, they have their uses, same as every other job.

RPGCrazied

There is no way they would leave the FMV's in 4:3. There is like over 20 of them, right? That would seem so out of place playing the game in widescreen then having to watch the FMV in 4:3. Please square, don't do this.

The_Monk

I may get for the PS3 but I wonder if it will look "better" on the Vita with the smaller screen.

With all EU PS Plus goodness my Vita is covered and considering there won't be a physical release for it it just makes more sense for me to play on the PS3.

But I still got time to decide until it releases.

I'm getting these titles for one thing only: Good old Nostalgia!

Aeana

There is no way they would leave the FMV's in 4:3. There is like over 20 of them, right? That would seem so out of place playing the game in widescreen then having to watch the FMV in 4:3. Please square, don't do this.
There are screenshots of the FMV in the OP already. They're not 4:3, but they're cropped from the 4:3 source into a 16:9 image.

Zoe

They're not in 4:3, they're just being cropped to be widescreen. Think of Seinfeld or Friends HD.

RPGCrazied

There are screenshots of the FMV in the OP already. They're not 4:3, but they're cropped from the 4:3 source into a 16:9 image.

Oh, but that means it'll fit a 16x9 tv? :) I don't care if its cropped, just don't want to see black bars on the side.

SkylineRKR

The good thing about FFX-2 being included is that nothing stands an XII HD announcement in the way. I guess Square thought that not many would buy a separate X-2 HD copy anyway.

As for XII HD, it wouldn't surprise me if its going to be for Ps3. Its not like the system is completely abandoned a year from now. If S-E announces it later this year for a 2014 release a Ps3 release would still make sense.

RPGCrazied

Now.. can we have a CE like XIII-2? A sexy box, OST, and artbook? That would rock so hard. Instant $100 purchase for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom