• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2010 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.
b7kk6d.jpg

Welcome to the 2010 Official Thread for FINAL FANTASY XI Online. Here you'll find everything you need to keep up to date with the game as it enters its 8th year of service. Players new and old are welcome to join the discussion. And as always, Stars of Destiny LS on Fairy Server welcomes anyone to start up a new account or return to Vana'diel and play with us.

-----------------------

SERVER REPOSITORY
Here you'll find a list of NeoGAF players on each server. In the last year we made an active effort to recruit any GAFers and convince them to transfer to the Fairy server so we can have an "official" NeoGAF FFXI Linkshell. Fairy server is now home to a large number of NeoGAF FFXI players.

Simply PM me with your character name, server, and job levels and I'll be more than happy to add you to our growing list.

SYLPH SERVER
Mailman 007 - "Vanas" - NIN
pancakesandsex - "Pancakesandsx" - THF
Pai Pai Master - "Rockman" - WAR, SMN, PLD
Kandinsky - "Danicolas" - RDM, NIN, DRG
Teknoman - "Teknoman" - BLU
Azura - "Maliah" - BRD, BLM, DRG
Rawk Hawk - "Rawkhawk" - SAM, BRD
Velion - "Kazesin" - COR, SMN, NIN, BLU, BRD, SAM
CATDAFELIX - "Fellix" - PUP, DRK

FENRIR SERVER
DrDogg - RDM75, WHM75, COR75, BRD75, SMN75, PLD75

ALEXANDER SERVER
Loto - "Arcayan" - BLU75, PLD75, BLM75

BAHAMUT SERVER
Edeuinu - "Eddie" - RDM75, SAM75

-----------------------

New to FFXI?
Check here for player resources. There are some great websites out there aimed at making life in Vana'diel much more comfortable. Don't forget to suggest any useful links and guides you may have come across. I'll add them here.

FFXI OFFICIAL WEBSITE - Here's where the development team will post all the latest updates regarding FINAL FANTASY XI. Get version update news, server maintenance times, and everything else straight from Square Enix.

FFXIclopedia - Currently the largest compendium of FFXI information on the web. This is the holy grail of FFXI guides, people. Use this site for nearly ALL your needs when adventuring in Vana'diel.

FFXIah.com - Live updates to your server's Jeuno auction house. Also a great tool for tracking other players and meeting up to trade items. It's a great online marketplace for when you're outside of the game.

Vana'diel Atlas - Quick and easy access to every map in the game. This is a great resource when traveling in Vana'diel! Don't ever get lost and end up in a Gobbie opium den.

Dreams in Vana'diel - The longest-running FINAL FANTASY XI message board on the internet, with a great community friendly to players new and old. If you need help with something or just wanna connect with even more FFXI players beyond GAF, please visit!

-----------------------

FFXI Current Events

Official "Vision of Abyssea" Website Now Live! (05/17/2010)

It is our pleasure to announce that the official website for "Vision of Abyssea," the first of three battle area add-ons, has gone live! All the latest breaking news and information such as product details will be made available hot off the press. Promotional trailers and other exciting features are also in the pipes, so be sure to add the site to your list of favorites.

Visit the official Vision of Abyssea website.

*The in-game content will be accessible upon the arrival of the next FINAL FANTASY XI version update, scheduled for mid-June.

VERSION UPDATE NEWS

At VANAFEST 2010, the FFXI team outlined their plans for the next year of FINAL FANTASY XI content additions. This included the "Abyssea" add-on pack trilogy as well as a slew of updates to the core game, including the raising of the level cap to 99.

roadmap-ffxi.jpg

The next FINAL FANTASY XI Version Update is scheduled for June 2010.

I think there was a thread in the meet up forum with people's character names and servers. I'm not gonna dig it up because I'm sleepy but you might want to.

I would love to come to fairy but I've got a linkshell on Phoenix I've been a member of practically since the game launched, so I can't move :|

Mandoric

Banned
HappyBivouac said:
I think there was a thread in the meet up forum with people's character names and servers. I'm not gonna dig it up because I'm sleepy but you might want to.

I would love to come to fairy but I've got a linkshell on Phoenix I've been a member of practically since the game launched, so I can't move :|

Oh man, you're on Phoenix? I'd say we should meet up sometime, but you'd see my shameful shameful no-Rajas uncapped-merits 6hit build. :lol

Enk

makes good threads.
Good timing with the thread. I unfortunately just started playing this again yesterday on the 360 (haven't played this since they did the beta years ago). To my surprise they have fixed several of the problems I originally had with the game. I like the addition of the books outside each area. Makes grinding so much faster. Also the random treasure drops when defeating monsters. And now that some time has passed, there seems to be very little people on. Much more fun to run around when it's not so crowded.

I haven't noticed yet, but did they change the XP penalty for when you die?

Enk said:
I haven't noticed yet, but did they change the XP penalty for when you die?

It's a bit less depending on your job level. In CoP missions there's no longer any penalty for death. During Besieged and Campaign there's no penalty either.

Yesterday I reinstalled FF XI because I decided I wanted to experience Zilart, Promathia, and WOTG stories. I haven't played in a long time and am actually surprised my LV55 PLD/WAR was even still there. Last thing I did was getting Rank 6.

I am still debating wether I want to just start from scratch on Fairy or pay $25 to do a world transfer. Hopefully I will do one or the other and see some of you around. Having been gone from Vanadiel for so long I don't even want to think about how outdated my gear and understanding of PLD is. Either way I miss this game a lot.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Cool thread!

Shitshitshit, I'm not home til next week, I hope I'll be in time to buy marbles ;_;

Figure I'll post my info up here -

Galadrian (Taru)-

50 RNG
18 NIN
15 THF
29 MNK
14 BLM
7 WHM
5 WAR
13 SAM
These are pretty much the only jobs I've put any time leveling..

Definitely looking for some experience points..

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Robobandit said:
Figure I'll post my info up here -

Galadrian (Taru)-

50 RNG
18 NIN
15 THF
29 MNK
14 BLM
7 WHM
5? WAR
13 SAM
These are pretty much the only jobs I've put any time leveling..

Definitely looking for some experience points..

Are you on Fairy? :D Do want a regular puller!

Idling in the Bastok mines right now if anyone needs to grab a pearl. If you can't get there lemme know and I'll find you!

GrumpyAlien said:
Yesterday I reinstalled FF XI because I decided I wanted to experience Zilart, Promathia, and WOTG stories. I haven't played in a long time and am actually surprised my LV55 PLD/WAR was even still there. Last thing I did was getting Rank 6.

I am still debating wether I want to just start from scratch on Fairy or pay $25 to do a world transfer. Hopefully I will do one or the other and see some of you around. Having been gone from Vanadiel for so long I don't even want to think about how outdated my gear and understanding of PLD is. Either way I miss this game a lot.

Transferring would probably be easier. You can level sync to get your bearings again, way easier than starting from scratch. You shouldn't have to worry about gear either, just have fun.

Ravidrath

I haven't played FFXI in months now, I think... just too much other stuff out to play, which doesn't seem to be changing any time soon.

When shit settles down, I do want to go back and finish the WotG story, though.

Teknoman

/Shameless playlist plug:

Stars of Destiny video log

• Not on our server?
  • Want to play the game but dont have the time?
  • Missed out on a fight and want to see what went down?
  • Want to check out past fights/events you were in on?

Check out some of the stuff we've done so far :D

Avoid some of the story mission battles if you dont want certain story points to be spoiled.

DrDogg

I posted my info in the other thread. I'm too lazy to PM you though. :lol

Drdogg - Fenrir
75 RDM, WHM, COR, BRD, PLD, SMN
68 SAM
40 BLM
37 NIN, WAR, DRK, RNG

Random other jobs...

Playonline doesn't work for me, it runs insanely slow. I can't play FFXI.

I tried for days this week. Once it tries connecting to Playonline, boom. Unfortunate.

Teknoman

What are you using? PC or Mac? Also I think theres some special install of POL for certain operating systems. Kinda strange that POL would slowdown though.

pancakesandsex said:
Idling in the Bastok mines right now if anyone needs to grab a pearl. If you can't get there lemme know and I'll find you!

Transferring would probably be easier. You can level sync to get your bearings again, way easier than starting from scratch. You shouldn't have to worry about gear either, just have fun.

Yeah, $25 is a small price to pay not to have to do Rank missions, subjob quest, choco quest, etc all over again. I will probably transfer today and will PM Pai with all my info when I do.

GrumpyAlien said:
Yeah, $25 is a small price to pay not to have to do Rank missions, subjob quest, choco quest, etc all over again. I will probably transfer today and will PM Pai with all my info when I do.

Just send a tell when you need a pearl!

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Does anyone have extra codes for the mini-expansions?
Speaking of which... I have three extra codes for vanilla FFXI, two extra codes for CoP and ToAU, and one extra code for WotG.
I'll spend the money I would have spent on the new bundle on server transfer instead.
I have no real ties here, anyway. My long-time social/casual endgame shell broke up a couple months ago.

Narag

Tempted to resub just to run around the zones I miss. I used to have so much fun just going for long walks. :lol

hgplayer1

Im thinking about transferring my character on Midgardsormr over to Fairy.

I'm not sure what good it would do other than give me a chance to sell stuff off and get some gil out of it.

The fee is $25 and thats not too big a deal since I could bring my mule over too and maybe do something with it.

I think I might do it just to have it available even though my DRK on Fairy is now 75. I dunno what do you guys think?

brb gonna try to duck out of work early :D

sciplore

That steam deal was too awesome to miss so downloading right now :D.

First time steam user question though, once steam finishes the download will I have to start up steam each time I want to play or just do Playonline?

hgplayer1

sciplore said:
That steam deal was too awesome to miss so downloading right now :D.

First time steam user question though, once steam finishes the download will I have to start up steam each time I want to play or just do Playonline?

pretty sure steam isnt necessary after install.

TheExodu5

Banned
Joined the linkshell not long ago, under the name Exodia.

I'll be playing soon...just been busy over the holidays. BTW, now that I've been playing Suikoden, I love the name Stars of Destiny. :D

Kandinsky

TAJ said:
Does anyone have extra codes for the mini-expansions?
Speaking of which... I have three extra codes for vanilla FFXI, two extra codes for CoP and ToAU, and one extra code for WotG.
I'll spend the money I would have spent on the new bundle on server transfer instead.
I have no real ties here, anyway. My long-time social/casual endgame shell broke up a couple months ago.
Werent you interested in doing Bahamut?, because we are planing to do it sometime soon.

Teknoman

TheExodu5 said:
Joined the linkshell not long ago, under the name Exodia.

I'll be playing soon...just been busy over the holidays. BTW, now that I've been playing Suikoden, I love the name Stars of Destiny. :D

Whats max LS size anyway? Dont think its 108 :lol

Oh yeah:

snyn0n.png

29ay1ch.png

sciplore

hgplayer1 said:
pretty sure steam isnt necessary after install.

Thanks then.

I might join up on fairy a little late in the month of january got a lot things I need to finish up first before I start sinking my time back in Final Fantasy.

NeoForte

Alexander
-Xaier 75 Pup and Sam
-Shuyuo 75 Drg

Just got my Shinku Togi for Pup and wow it looks so awesome :D Sucks the evoliths you can put on it are situational aka stupid :/

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Kandinsky said:
Werent you interested in doing Bahamut?, because we are planing to do it sometime soon.
Wat.
OK... I'm going to go look at my checking balance right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom