• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XI 2010 |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kandinsky

TAJ said:
Wat.
OK... I'm going to go look at my checking balance right now.
Yeah about 5 ppl(Blood, Gohne, Ryu, Rockman and Missao i think) in SoD needs it atm, and ill bring some of my friends(4-5) to help, so yeah we planing on doing it soonz.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
I'm pulling all of my stuff off the AH right now. I'd be pretty upset if I forgot about that. Losing that pair of Gem Cuisses would be particularly painful financially.

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Just logged on Fairy now. I'm in Port Jeuno ATM. The name is Sixtigers. I'm on NIN 74, but I also have MNK 75 and PLD 75.

Teknoman

Mandoric said:
But without mountain climbing, how would I finally just get my Hagun today? :D

Hey grats!

I dont want mountain climbing to go away, just make it have some context actions or something (like climbing the ladder in the aqueducts), kinda like climbing Mt. Ordeal, Koltz, or that other place in FFV.

TAJ

Teknoman said:
If its one thing I hope thats fixed in XIV, its mountain climbing :lol
Ah... You can always pick out one of those poor souls who's trying to get by with keyboard controls by how they move.

Mandoric

Banned
Teknoman said:
Hey grats!

I dont want mountain climbing to go away, just make it have some context actions or something (like climbing the ladder in the aqueducts), kinda like climbing Mt. Ordeal, Koltz, or that other place in FFV.

All gloating aside, a 13-style system where you can hop up ledges up to your height will be a lot less annoying even if all the knee-high ledges in 11 you couldn't pass are suddenly a foot over your head and equally impassible.
(oh man Dyna this Sunday I'll finally not be the only guy without an oversized cleaver on my waist)
(still not selling Onimaru, who knows when I'll be expected to medi to 300%, hit one WS, and then hide until the mob dies)
This the day after I got two Wootz ores out of Bastok, too. I'm seriously concerned about how karma's gonna kick in now, maybe my Sky shell will decide to not come back from winter vacation now that I'm in line for Byakko haidate.

sonitii

I got this from Steam a few days ago and just downloaded today. I'm trying to create a Play Online account right now but can't because I can't add my credit card. I keep getting UCS-60257 error. It says to check credit card info and try again. I have and I've even tried a different card. Every time I have to refill all the info again. So annoying. WTF.

Anyone with the same problem?

Kandinsky

sonitii said:
I got this from Steam a few days ago and just downloaded today. I'm trying to create a Play Online account right now but can't because I can't add my credit card. I keep getting UCS-60257 error. It says to check credit card info and try again. I have and I've even tried a different card. Every time I have to refill all the info again. So annoying. WTF.

Anyone with the same problem?
Theres a Registration Server Maintenance going today.

depward

Oh man, I can't resub. I would love to, but when I played I was in college. I now have a wife and a job. That would not do good things for either :D

started a new bank account. :lol. can you pick to auto renewal or not?. and it sucks i can't even use the trial because registration didn't work a few days ago. i'll just wait until maintenance is over in a few days ;(

Edeuinu

Here's some of my favorite older screens

2.jpg

2b.jpg

pol%202007-01-02%2010-11-17-96.jpg

samcolor800.jpg

4.jpg

pol%202005-11-30%2020-33-11-57.jpg

pol%202006-01-14%2019-21-07-68.jpg

22.jpg

group3.jpg

kaka1.jpg

island.jpg

pol%202005-09-20%2003-03-56-59.jpg

pol%202005-03-23%2014-11-58-29.jpg

pol%202005-04-11%2011-37-54-21.jpg

pol%202005-05-24%2011-33-17-03.jpg

pol%202006-12-22%2014-18-18-87.jpg

pol%202007-01-19%2012-15-44-59.jpg

pol%202005-12-09%2010-14-15-64.jpg

pol%202006-01-14%2017-17-12-34.jpg

pol%202006-02-17%2018-47-54-96.jpg

ddon.jpg

moogle.jpg

pol%202006-11-17%2013-34-34-32.jpg
model swapper

pol%202007-02-19%2014-27-52-17.jpg

pol%202007-03-18%2012-07-00-68.jpg

duskhauby.jpg

Teknoman

Nice screens Ed, especially the first few with extra effects.

Also SoD needs to take a group shot at some point.

EDIT: Oh got a free PS2 CoP disc with code, and a Aht Urhgan disc...without a code. Is the Aht Urhgan disc useless? Dont really need either, but I dont think anyone else does with all the bundles going around.

Teknoman said:
Nice screens Ed, especially the first few with extra effects.

Also SoD needs to take a group shot at some point.

EDIT: Oh got a free PS2 CoP disc with code, and a Aht Urhgan disc...without a code. Is the Aht Urhgan disc useless? Dont really need either, but I dont think anyone else does with all the bundles going around.

If you ever want to install aht on a ps2 or ps3 you'll need the disc or a bundle. So someone with it already registered who wants to play on one of the above could use it to install.

Forkball

Is this game still popular? I'm amazed that it's been going on for so long, one would think WoW would have swallowed it up.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I reactivated my 2 year old account. Been playing during my week off. I'm on Asura server, and I've pretty much spent the week doing a bit of catch up, exploring a bit of Wings of the Goddess (quit right before release). Also spent an old unused anniversary ring, and have almost gotten my Samurai from 5 to 40, even took my Summoner out to Castle Oztroja and successful camped the O-Kote mob (went 1/6 and there was no competition for it).

Got back with my old linkshell, and did a few sky runs and a few other fun things. All in all, having a good time back.

Best thing, is I found my old macros file for windower, so I reinstalled windower and got all my Macros back.

Forkball said:
Is this game still popular? I'm amazed that it's been going on for so long, one would think WoW would have swallowed it up.

It's a completely different style of game, so it attracts a somewhat different audience. Not to say there isn't overlap, but there is obviously room for this to find success with it's playerbase.

Ulairi

Banned
Even though the graphics are really showing their age I sitll really enjoy the art style of FFIX. I might take a jump and play until XIV releases. I picked it up on Steam. How long does it take to actually get to the meat of the game?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Ulairi said:
Even though the graphics are really showing their age I sitll really enjoy the art style of FFIX. I might take a jump and play until XIV releases. I picked it up on Steam. How long does it take to actually get to the meat of the game?

Depends. The real meat of the game is endgame, and depending on how much time you have it could take a while to get to level 75. However, one of the really strong points of FFXI for me was the story. There's some good missions for all the nations and the expansion ones. The missions from the original nations are increased in difficulty so you can start a few of them at the start.

Ulairi said:
The game starts off a bit slow.. but soon as you start missions I Hear it gets better.. i ahvent started them but im enjoy it.. i love the random cut scenes you get for the chapters and shit in the game.. its awesome.

Edeuinu

I found the player base to be the most mature online experience I've had. Large factor is due to a lot of Japanese, but it seems like once you get past the lower levels, that's what makes or breaks it for a lot of people.

Kandinsky

We gonna start doing limbus, so if you have access are from fairy and are interested /tell, pm or post your time/day preferences, thx!.

Ulairi

Banned
Well, I'm jumping in. I don't think FFXIV will be released this year or at least until winter 2010 so that gives me months of time to enjoy FFXI.

Narag

Curse this thread. Did cave on the steam sale, am reinstalling, and going to sidewinder a bee in Rolanberry as soon as I get on. :lol

I don't even want to do anything than to reexplore everywhere.

TAJ

Kandinsky said:
We gonna start doing limbus, so if you have access are from fairy and are interested /tell, pm or post your time/day preferences, thx!.
I'm west coast, so the later the better. I've never done Limbus, though, (... or even Dynamis, or Sea... or Einherjar.) because of the west coast thing and not being able to get home from work on time.
I've done a lot of Sky, many assorted NMs, and more recently had multiple wins against every Salvage boss.

Teknoman

Im in. Never done anything besides beat up Simurgh, so it'll be new to me as well. Those Homam pieces look nice.

RurouniZel

Asks questions so Ezalc doesn't have to
So I dug out my 2008 edition of the game and am gonna create a new character. I'm gonna give this game another shot. What's the best class for a newbie like myself to start as?

TAJ

RurouniZel said:
So I dug out my 2008 edition of the game and am gonna create a new character. I'm gonna give this game another shot. What's the best class for a newbie like myself to start as?
Oooh. Tough question. That really depends on what you think you'd like to take to 75 first. Like if you think you want to do melee DD, but aren't really sure which, I'd say do 18 MNK, then switch to WAR and go to 37, then level the job you like. There are exceptions even to that one... like THF. It would be a lot easier to decide if you could do the quests for other jobs at a lower level. Then for THF, you'd just level WAR to 18, have someone walk you through the quest for NIN, level NIN to 37, level THF to 75. Done.

Edeuinu

Narag said:
Curse this thread. Did cave on the steam sale, am reinstalling, and going to sidewinder a bee in Rolanberry as soon as I get on. :lol

I don't even want to do anything than to reexplore everywhere.

QFT bro, got it on Steam, updating my CC info. DAMN YOU GAF, DAMN YOU! <3

Gonna level DNC, heard SAM/DNC is the "hot shit".

TAJ

Edeuinu said:
QFT bro, got it on Steam, updating my CC info. DAMN YOU GAF, DAMN YOU! <3

Gonna level DNC, heard SAM/DNC is the "hot shit".
If you're alone, /DNC is great for pretty much any melee job. You'll learn to hate certain mobs, though. Getting your weapon removed and losing your TP is the worst. (but slightly less of an issue on SAM)
/DNC can actually be pretty damned cool in a group too, but it's underrated.

RurouniZel

TAJ said:
Oooh. Tough question. That really depends on what you think you'd like to take to 75 first. Like if you think you want to do melee DD, but aren't really sure which, I'd say do 18 MNK, then switch to WAR and go to 37, then level the job you like. There are exceptions even to that one... like THF. It would be a lot easier to decide if you could do the quests for other jobs at a lower level. Then for THF, you'd just level WAR to 18, have someone walk you through the quest for NIN, level NIN to 37, level THF to 75. Done.

I never got far enough in FFXI the first time to learn the lingo. What's a melee DD? (I got the other abbreviations, but not that one)

RurouniZel

Got it. Well, got 3 more hours of updates to go before I can create a character, time to do some reading.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom