• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XI w/ PS2 HDD - $59.99 @ Fry's Electronics

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Bayarea, CA (till Tuesday)

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C4304356.gif.gif

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C4304359.gif.gif

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C4304358.gif.gif

39%5CROP%5CROPAdSubregions%5C4304357.gif.gif

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Haha, I wasn't planning to use them, but I didn't buy a weapon on one round and some guy on our team got killed with a shield. Picked it up and finished the job :p

B'z-chan

Banned
NICE deal on FFXI there no excuse to not pick it up especially at that price. I would hope more people would at least get more into the game.

Heck for the HDD alone thats a perfect price.

EDIT: Oh you guys are playing CS now eh? I might just have to register my copy and get on Steam for it. I havent played the game in ages.

B'z-chan said:
NICE deal on FFXI there no excuse to not pick it up especially at that price. I would hope more people would at least get more into the game.

Heck for the HDD alone thats a perfect price.

EDIT: Oh you guys are playing CS now eh? I might just have to register my copy and get on Steam for it. I havent played the game in ages.
game should be free for the whopping monthly fee it costs to play it...

Teddman

What kind of advantages does the Hard Drive offer for a PS2 owner? I might buy it just for that alone at a $60 price point.

*gasp*

That's an awesome deal even if you only use the first free month of FF11..

If you can squeeze in 100 hours or so within that month you'll have seen almost everything there is to see, IMO.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Teddman said:
What kind of advantages does the Hard Drive offer for a PS2 owner? I might buy it just for that alone at a $60 price point.

Being able to back up your save games to the HD, freeing space on your memory card. You can't directly load saves from the HD, but you'll be able to copy between the HD and memory card, so it basically acts like a backup storage. And you could purchase the HDDloader disc and get the ability to backup your PS2 games to your HDD, minimizing load times

The HD is suppose to be supported in Gran Turismo 4 as well, not sure how it's gonna use it though. I'm guessing there might be downloadable content and being able to upload yout GT4 photo galleries

XMonkey

lacks enthusiasm.
The Faceless Master said:
game should be free for the whopping monthly fee it costs to play it...

???

Basically all (Blizzard's WoW probably withstanding) MMORPGs cost ~$13 a month to play. Besides, thats one hell of a deal for the game and a HDD.

Fularu

Banned
Someone willing to get me a copy of Skies of arcadia Legends on GC from Fry? (It's 10$) I just can't find it in canada, and those ebay thieves want 20 + 10$ to ship it, bastards...

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The SoA:Legends sale was only for last week. It's back to $19.99 now

Outpost.com should have it for $17.99 though. Do they ship to Canada? I do not know...

Fularu

Banned
Wario64 said:
The SoA:Legends sale was only for last week. It's back to $19.99 now

Outpost.com should have it for $17.99 though. Do they ship to Canada? I do not know...

26$ for shipping, outpost sure sux!

Scott

Teddman said:
What kind of advantages does the Hard Drive offer for a PS2 owner?
As Wario said, there's an option to back-up your save files on it. Also, here's a list of upcoming games that'll support it (and the uses):

Ambrosia Odyssey (unknown; would assume optional for offline play, required for online [as it uses PlayOnline])
Final Fantasy XI: Online: Chains of Promathia (HDD Required; installs & uses PlayOnline)
Front Mission Online (HDD Required; installs & uses PlayOnline)
Gran Turismo IV (unknown)
Nobunaga's Ambition (HDD Required; installs) (supposedly seeing US release soon?)
Resident Evil: Outbreak (cache option)
Resident Evil: Outbreak: File #2 (cache option)
Shadow Hearts: Covenant (cache option)
SOCOM II: U.S. Navy Seals (downloadable content... well, someday...)
Syphon Filter: The Omega Strain (downloadable content)
Tony Hawk's Underground II (file sharing/storage; custom skaters, parks, etc)
Wild ARMs: Alter Code: F (cache option)

There's probably more I'm forgetting...

Unfortunately, they yanked all of the music ripping, media center, etc features out of the US HDD before release. Nobody knows if they'll be added back in or not, but I'm not holding my breath.
seismologist said:
If you can squeeze in 100 hours or so within that month you'll have seen almost everything there is to see, IMO.
Haha, not even close. :p

Defensor

Mistaken iRobbery!
Sony actually removed or didn't include the HDD downloable content for Syphon Filter Omega Strain(it's a crippled game anyway).

http://www.gamespot.com/ps2/action/syphonfilteromega/review.html
On the features side of things, Syphon Filter was announced as a game that was supposed to include support for Sony's recently released hard drive, allowing for downloadable content. That feature is missing from the shipping version of The Omega Strain.

In Japan Beatmania IIDX 5th Style and Guitar Freaks 4th Mix & Drummania 3rd Mix both support the hard drive, supposedly for a load-less endless mode.

Alex

100 hours, haha... I've got well over.... 15x that and I'm not even close to done with the current content...

Top Bottom