• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XII - North American Date, Collector's Edition announced

birdchili

collector's edition: no japanese language track:(

seriously, if we can start getting subtitled stuff consistently using the storage of blu-ray, that goes a long way to justifying the storage size for games. this has already been an issue for *this* generation of games - there are only a handful that include multiple language tracks, and "space" is often cited as the reason that the japanese track isn't there.

the ff:x english dub was pretty painful..., though dq:viii I liked quite a bit, so perhaps there has been some learning in the intervening years.

-----

release date and conflict with dq:swords...

hmmm... that may very-well be an issue, but I don't really see myself *not* getting xii because of a shiny new console with launch-rpg goodness. it may delay my ff:xii purchase a bit...

this is looking to be a sweet year for rpgs.

MoxManiac

Anyone know if this preorder will be available immediately at brick-n-mortar stores? I'd like to reserve the CE today if possible.

Borys

Banned
cover-clip-hot-sex.jpg

kenta said:
Will the bonus DVD have an interview with Matsuno? :O

yes. he will be shadowed out like a secret informant on the the news and all the questions will be about the orge series. the background will oddly be decorated like it was in the 90's.

also, CE pre-ordered :)

Alt.S

I would've prefered an art book to a DVD with an art gallery and oter stuff, but I'll still shell out $60 for it.

As Mox said, when will actual stores start taking preorders (or have they already)?

Reilly

Clever Pun said:
is anyone else not really impressed with what the collector's edition has to offer?

I'm not really impressed either, but that's ok.

I'll still buy it, of course

Clever Pun said:
is anyone else not really impressed with what the collector's edition has to offer?

I'll still buy it, of course

Depends. The most critical factor is as of yet unknown (unless I'm missing something):

What does the box art look like?

(especially when compared to the regular edition)

kenta

Has no PEINS
My Arms Your Hearse said:
Depends. The most critical factor is as of yet unknown (unless I'm missing something):

What does the box art look like?

(especially when compared to the regular edition)
Considering it comes in a steel tin, I think they'll just throw the regular game into it and call it a day, kinda like what happened with Subsistence

kenta said:
Considering it comes in a steel tin, I think they'll just throw the regular game into it and call it a day, kinda like what happened with Subsistence

Given the normally atrocious U.S. box art, that is more than fine with me.

I wouldn't want a Japanese language track with FFXII because of Vaan's Japanese voice. But then again I have the Japanese version...

kenta

Has no PEINS
My Arms Your Hearse said:
Given the normally atrocious U.S. box art, that is more than fine with me.
Totally agreed, I'm just anxious to see what the box art ends up looking like. I have faith! *crosses fingers*

dskillzhtown

keep your strippers out of my American football
I just got an automated call from EB/Gamestop. Saying that I needed to 'upgrade my pre-oreder' to guarantee my Collector's Edition.

Amir0x

Banned
Clever Pun said:
They are re-releasing FFIV again? kick ass.

no no, see this game is for people who aren't glued to nostalgia. Silly, you might have confused that for any number of inferior RPGS from bygone eras.

Amir0x said:
no no, see this game is for people who aren't glued to nostalgia. Silly, you might have confused that for any number of inferior RPGS from bygone eras.

i'd say it's more likely that my vision is clouded by nostalgia than I'm glued to it.

I mean: but FFIV is so awesome and it has such a cool storyline!

demi said:
I'll wait to see the packaging before buying the Collector's Edition

Hopefully the packaging on the standard release doesn't have 11 characters on the cover. They did good with FFX actually (well compared to VIII and IX). FFVII had a nice cover.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
FFXII is going to be the best FF ever and I'm going to play it while hugging a giant picture of Matsuno.

FFXII gestapo member represent.

MrDaravon

Just preordered online. I'll probably also drop down a $5 for it in-store in the next few days as well to be on the safe side. I got the MGS3 LE but it was damn close. FFXII is going to be huge regardless, so even if there's a lot of LE's it's relative to the huge demand, and I don't want to miss this.

Y2Kevbug11 where do you live? I got overnight and it was something like $73.

Y2Kev

SailorDaravon said:
Just preordered online. I'll probably also drop down a $5 for it in-store in the next few days as well to be on the safe side. I got the MGS3 LE but it was damn close. FFXII is going to be huge regardless, so even if there's a lot of LE's it's relative to the huge demand, and I don't want to miss this.

Y2Kevbug11 where do you live? I got overnight and it was something like $73.

Yeah, you're right, it was more like 75 now that I look at it. Still rape.

heylush

By October I'll be living 6hrs drive away from the nearest EB and no credit card. Where's the justification for EB/GS only, argh.

Good news about the CE. Bad news that it's EB/GS exclusive :(

I guess I should be greatful that we're getting a CE at all but I'm not happy I have to give EB/GS my business in order to obtain it. Oh well. I guess I'll live.

Y2Kev

nicholasbrutal said:
Why didn't you just order it at an actual, you know, store?

Cause I'm moving to el colegio so I don't have an EB to call home yet. With limited quantities, I don't want to wait until September.

Emotions

I'll be getting the regular edition, not fan enough to pay more for such extras, plus the Holidays budget is too limited , several titles releasing.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Y2Kevbug11 said:
*humming kiss me goodbye*

I wish it came with the Angela Aki single. :(

Ewww, don't mention that crap again.

CE version for me (already have the LE soundtrack). I wish it wasn't a EB/GS exclusive though :(

Top Bottom