• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XII - North American Date, Collector's Edition announced

Sweet it's coming out the day after my Birthday...

Still I'm not sure If I'll get it right away, I might wait for an inevitable used copy a few weeks down the line and save $10

Amir0x said:
what kind of lame

WHY WONT ANYONE AT GAF BUY THESE GAMES FROM ME, I MEAN COME ON! :(

KH2 i think is $25.00 or $26.00

Grandia 3 probably $15-$20.

complete guesses.. though im fairly confident on the KH2 price.

Tarazet

PezRadar said:
KH2 i think is $25.00 or $26.00

Grandia 3 probably $15-$20.

complete guesses.. though im fairly confident on the KH2 price.

eStarland gives you $14 for Grandia III, $25 for Kingdom Hearts II.. so that sounds about right.

Amir0x

Banned
PezRadar said:
45-50 i think for the old system.. the new one i think is only like 10 bucks more.. But then again your asking the cubicle guy :lol

yeah my old system has seen better days (it's broke, although it works every like 20 tries so i am going to try to trade it in)

Amir0x said:
yeah my old system has seen better days (it's broke, although it works every like 20 tries so i am going to try to trade it in)

you will lose 25 dollars from whatever the normal price is.. so you would only make like 20-25 i think..

You also have to give em 1 sony ds controller power/av cord too

Amir0x

Banned
PezRadar said:
you will lose 25 dollars from whatever the normal price is.. so you would only make like 20-25 i think..

You also have to give em 1 sony ds controller power/av cord too

man what they took the ol' Gamecube without a controller :<

MrDaravon

Midnight opening would be hot. My GS is a decent size stand alone location but didn't do a Halo 2 midnight thing, even though the EB 2 minutes away did. I'll preorder both and if they know they'll be doing the midnight thing the week before I'll just cancel my online order, and save the $10 shipping.

SailorDaravon said:
Midnight opening would be hot. My GS is a decent size stand alone location but didn't do a Halo 2 midnight thing, even though the EB 2 minutes away did. I'll preorder both and if they know they'll be doing the midnight thing the week before I'll just cancel my online order, and save the $10 shipping.

they should be.. im suprised they didnt do a halo 2 midnight opening.. was fairly sure every store had to do one.. maybe low preorders or low volume store..

Well either way.. EB or GS..

MrDaravon

PezRadar said:
they should be.. im suprised they didnt do a halo 2 midnight opening.. was fairly sure every store had to do one.. maybe low preorders or low volume store..

Well either way.. EB or GS..

They're a pretty busy store, I dunno what the deal was. And I hate going to that EB, it's just shit. And I worked for EB for a good while, and even I think that EB sucks :lol

Link1110

I preordered the collector's edition. If the same thing happens that happened with MGS3: Substinince and for some reason I don't get a collector's edition, well I'm going to be royally pissed off.

Don't forget you currently get an extra $10 credit for each set of 3 PS2, Xbox, Game Cube, PSP, or DS games you trade in and it stacks with 10% extra if you have EB edge or the Gamestop discount card as well.

demi

I'm going to walk into EB/GS and ask for a CE, and walk away with a CE.

Pre-Orderers OWNED and SHAMED over and over like morning brunch

Ponn

Banned
PezRadar said:
There should be midnight openings at all stores for FF12

Should, and will are totally different. The EB I preordered my PSP from didn't even have a Midnight opening. And it was a freaking standalone EB at that.

Joe Molotov

Ranger X said:
So it seems like the Wii and FF12 may launch head to head. Interesting strategy Sony...

They did the same thing with Final Fantasy VIII and the Dreamcast. Nothing happened. Final Fantasy VIII sold well, and so did the Dreamcast.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Amir0x said:
oh shit both the games i asked for are on the top ten list thing

SA-WEET

Disgaea will net me 22...

trading in so for losers

i sold my opened copy of Disgaea for $63 on ebay

just sell that son of a bitch on ebay and FFXII CE pays for itself

gjb-sensei

Nintendo invented the pixel...
Joe Molotov said:
They did the same thing with Final Fantasy VIII and the Dreamcast. Nothing happened. Final Fantasy VIII sold well, and so did the Dreamcast.

The same thing happen with the PS2 launch and The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask as well.

why can't the CE be more awesome? I mean, interviews are fine and all, but I'd really appreciate a good reason to shell out $10 more. As of right now I'm having trouble justifying it....

demi

I was just joking, that CE is horrendous, and the casing will probably be too.

Regular for me, I think this will be the only console game on release date, everything else can wait for a price drop.

Portable Gaming for the win and all that

Amir0x

Banned
Wario64 said:
trading in so for losers

i sold my opened copy of Disgaea for $63 on ebay

just sell that son of a bitch on ebay and FFXII CE pays for itself

I already pre-ordered and paid for FFXII in full, I don't need to pay for it. I don't want the CE at all.

Anyway, I'd sell on eBay... but I don't trust that shit at all. I'd rather only sell the people I "know".

demi

They get dicked over because they don't know how to handle the situation. Most of the scams have to do with PayPal, so just ask that they pay with Money Order/Check instead, and do NOT send the item out until the payment is cleared.

Ponn

Banned
Amir0x said:
i'm sure, but so many people get dicked over on it so frequently that I'd rather just go the safer route.

I got dicked over a long time ago buying a non-existent $800 laptop. Lesson learned, and it just happened to be before paypal changed their protection policy to more then just "Yea, we will email them threats for two months AND THEN try to get my money back from his bank account. Past that we got nothing, you're screwed".

I have never had a problem selling though. Always ship to confirmed addresses and always use delivery confirmation.

Bebpo

Banned
Amir0x, if it makes you feel any better I don't believe in ebay either because I wan't to be 100% sure of everything.

I only buy/sell at stores and with people I know online or offline.

Btw, anyone want to buy tons of crappy import PSP/DS games? I have many :p

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Bebpo said:
Amir0x, if it makes you feel any better I don't believe in ebay either because I wan't to be 100% sure of everything.

I only buy/sell at stores and with people I know online or offline.

Btw, anyone want to buy tons of crappy import PSP/DS games? I have many :p
What are the crappy DS games?

Tarazet

PezRadar said:
The games he wanted quotes on have higher trade in values at GS/EB then eStarland.. =/

Well, eStarland is also charging a LOT less for the games ($36.95 for Grandia, $39.95 for KH2), and you know before buying whether it has the manual. And here's the great part - if it doesn't, it's cheaper. (They generally don't even accept games without cases.)

Top Bottom