• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 on Steam - Dec 11 (1080p/60fps, dual language, includes DLC)

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
So this is the best of the XIII saga, right?

Its the most middling one. XIII has the best production values, and personally I think Lightning Returns is the best one in terms of game play.

Shantom

I only played a couple of hours of this on 360 and I wasn't enjoying it. I planned to try again on PC, but the apparently awful XIII port has made me wary. I'll wait for a sale.

thuway

As long as Square Enix keeps releasing a title with 720p cutscenes, horrid resolution issues, and an inability to use more than 1% of my CPU - they can stay unsold in the steam vault.

Spiders

Great news!

I really enjoyed XIII-2. Haven't finished Lighting Returns yet (damn you, Destiny!) but so far I think XIII-2 is by far the best of the XIII trilogy.

ConceptX

13 runs perfectly fine for me, and my hardware is somewhat "aged, middle of the line" now.

So, if it's the same price as 13, I'll be getting it, 13 runs for me fine, never had an issue, no 1080 sucked, but for the price, I don't care, it's not a big deal for me, it was cheap and it worked.

Interested what the "new" features and improvements are, emphasis on "new".

Hopefully all DLC is included as well.

Plus c'mon, Illidan is the bad guy, kind of.

Whats funny is Civ 5 Beyond Earth has worse Steam Reviews than FF13.

Nzyme32

After the first? LMAO no. :(

Well before the trailer went private, it did claim to have a "host of new features and enhancements" so it is a possibility.

I'd argue that FFXIII needs to be resolved before they release and promote XIII-2 to actually encourage uses to trust in the products. For me, I'm out till they resolve XIII issues

I haven't played LR, so I can't comment there... it IS a lot better than 13. The story, while not great, ditches most of the made up words and is at least some what competant. Hope also isn't annoying as fuck which helps as well. Serah and Noel are just over all better characters as well.

As for me double dipping? Yeah I probably will... I did for 13, I may as well for the better game. Even if it has the same issues, I put my hopes in Durante.

Mit-

Did they end up putting the Japanese voices in FFXIII PC? I've seen some videos. If so I'll pick it up and this as well.

Nzyme32

Did they end up putting the Japanese voices in FFXIII PC? I've seen some videos. If so I'll pick it up and this as well.

Yes. The downside to that is that they do not do it in a way that lets you choose which you want - you have to download both. This leads to a very large install size

Sciortino

"Enjoy the all time RPG classic on PC!"
That's not FF9..or 10
Still getting it as long as it's not a port like 13, but not keeping my hopes up for that.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Godtier game.

Caius, Noel and Yeul... My God

BadWolf

Amazing game with one of the best endings in an RPG.

The new characters and their stories were awesome.

Here's hoping LR hits soon after as that's the one I haven't played yet.

Wonder what the game filesize:fmv filesize raito will be this time...

I'm pretty sure 13-2 fit on one Xbox 360 DVD, and has maybe 2 or 3 FMVs. Way more in-engine stuff in 13-2

This is the one I'm most hype for, but I'm gonna wait to see what GAF thinks about it before I double-dip. I hope and pray that it's a decent port and that they've learned from 13 but...

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
You have forgiven Square's blunder it seems. Hope to see you excited Yoshichan
You mean the absolute shittier FFXIII PC port? I'll never forgive them for that. I'm still extremely mad about it.

FFXIII-2 is in my top 3 of last gen and one of my favorite games of all time but my expectations of this becoming a decent port is low as all living hells.

I will be creating hype in the OT though, that's for sure :)!

I probably shouldn't but I liked what I played of XIII-2 on the PS3. Also the trading cards I received from FFXIII were worth $5. Maybe Lightning will strike twice and I'll get another foil.

Mendrox

Well FFXIII-2 was the first and only Final Fantasy which I completed to 100% and loved it (well a few parts were annoying). DLC was awesome and very nostalgic and the Story is good (except that it is a clusterfuck if you don't pay attention) and also it is very open! Many ways to finish story parts in different ways (and getting other endings :p)

Will never forget watching a japanese stream back then where someone was screaming Tooooriyaaama at the end. :D So sad that I haven't found a video of it

No, that's highly debatable. 13 was more focused, and had a better story. 13-2 wasn't a hallway. They both have their ups and downs. (Haven't touched LR)

I can't believe people pay money for a PC game with a locked resolution. WTF is that :(

And da music is boss, underrated imo, as much as it's praised here. Same with the battle system. I know it's easy but it's good

"Enjoy the all time classic RPG on your PC"

Nice one

Top Bottom