• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

K' Dash

Is it really that difficult to obtain? I had the fragment skill on for my crystals and got Omega on my first attempt. Haven't been able to get Lightning or Amador yet.

I tought you could get only Lightning from that fight, and it took me the whole weekend to get her, I fought Omega 3 times yesterday, no luck, do I have to 5 star him? cause the most I get are 3 stars currently, need a better weapon for Serah :-/

As for the Skins, I was expecting the worst, but Serah looks MUCH better than her default skin, have you looked her up close?, it looks so stupid, and poor Noel, ALL of his skins look TERRIBLE, I have high hopes for his AC costume tho.

I tought you could get only Lightning from that fight, and it took me the whole weekend to get her, I fought Omega 3 times yesterday, no luck, do I have to 5 star him? cause the most I get are 3 stars currently, need a better weapon for Serah :-/

Took me more than 30 tries to get Lightning, and I five-starred the fight every time and had the Fragment Skill for obtaining more monster crystals turned on. Her drop rate just sucks.

As for Omega, I don't have its DLC, so I can't help you there... but its drop rate might be just as crappy. I imagine that five-starring the battle can't hurt your chances. I doubt it's required, though.

K' Dash

There's a new patch right now, 1.04 33MB. What it does?

IIRC the new costumes and Sahz DLC need a patch to work.

Took me more than 30 tries to get Lightning, and I five-starred the fight every time and had the Fragment Skill for obtaining more monster crystals turned on. Her drop rate just sucks.

As for Omega, I don't have its DLC, so I can't help you there... but its drop rate might be just as crappy. I imagine that five-starring the battle can't hurt your chances. I doubt it's required, though.

People here got her really quick, we must have the worst luck, lol

Do I have to kill Amodar first or last to get his crystal?, does it matter?

RPGCrazied

If they add another chapter for Noel and Serah, that gives more gameplay, then I'll bite on Noels other outfit. I'm guessing though, Noel and Serah is done with story wise. :( I'm sure Snow and Lightning will be it.

duckroll

If they add another chapter for Noel and Serah, that gives more gameplay, then I'll bite on Noels other outfit. I'm guessing though, Noel and Serah is done with story wise. :( I'm sure Snow and Lightning will be it.

I think Snow is basically done too. With Snow and Hope, you basically get their entire stories in quite a lot of detail from both the game and the datalog/fragments.

RPGCrazied

No. I haven't bought anything for the Coliseum yet. Not unless they release packs from old FF games. If its just monsters or people from FFXIII universe I'll pass.

I don't think I'll be getting coliseum DLC at all.

The Sazh DLC adds him to your party after you finish it, I'd rather save money for that kind of a DLC where I get some story, minigames and a character.

Unless something truly fantastic is let loose in the Coliseum I don't think I'll get it.

Autofokus

2:15min. - I approve.

wAJ1Y.jpg

K' Dash

I've been dragging the game, doing sidequests, grinding and fighting in the coliseum just to see if they release something good, cause when I finish this game 100% i won't touch it again, there are too many games coming out next moth and I have a pretty big backlog too.

They better roll out the good DLC fast.

RPGCrazied

I've been dragging the game, doing sidequests, grinding and fighting in the coliseum just to see if they release something good, cause when I finish this game 100% i won't touch it again, there are too many games coming out next moth and I have a pretty big backlog too.

They better roll out the good DLC fast.

Looking like once every two weeks. On the 28th is the Sazh DLC and the 2 costumes. Then 2 more week wait for the next set of stuff?

K' Dash

Looking like once every two weeks. On the 28th is the Sazh DLC and the 2 costumes. Then 2 more week wait for the next set of stuff?

Meh, I'll try to extend my first playthrough till before I get Mass Effect 3, I really like the game, but after that, I'll probaly let it rest, unlike they sell a PACK of coliseum fights or some meaty expansion...

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
They are for sure. Just trying to show other people that they're not worth it :D

Noctis and Stella outfits would definitely be worth it. :D

chri5t

Does anybody have a video showing how the fragment skill Eyes of the Goddess works?

I remember being really excited when they announced that the camera could be controlled during cutscenes.

neoism

Poor Noel. It's disappointing that the best costume this guy is going to get is coming from a game he isn't even in.

I still like his serge like original better. Sadly am a pig so I'll be getting Serah's outfit. :/ and the episode. it's $5 right. That's 11 bones so far for two monsters, an outfit and probably a 10 minutes episode. :|

neoism

And that costume is not even out yet. At this rate I'll have completed the game before that DLC is out. Ditto with Serah. I want either one of the costumes that the AKBGirl (sp) designed.

oh yeah I forgot about that assassins creed outfit coming... yeah that will be the first one for him I get......

I hate you Square... :/

IIRC the new costumes and Sahz DLC need a patch to work.

People here got her really quick, we must have the worst luck, lol

Do I have to kill Amodar first or last to get his crystal?, does it matter?

Haha yeah, seriously.

I don't think it matters, but for what it's worth, when I got Lightning's crystal, I defeated her last to end the battle.

I think Snow is basically done too. With Snow and Hope, you basically get their entire stories in quite a lot of detail from both the game and the datalog/fragments.

I'm not so sure about Snow. I mean, with him there's still the whole issue about
him getting a new l'Cie brand. We don't really know where he ended up in the long-term after the events in Sunleth Waterscape 300 AF, and we don't know what his new Focus is exactly... and either way, it would seem he's now a "dead" man -- he's either going to turn into crystal or become a Cie'th. After all, Etro's not around anymore to work another "miracle." I guess that's not *quite* as big a deal if Serah is actually dead for good as she won't be around to lose her fiancee (or maybe her actually being dead is the reason they're killing hm off too, but that seems cheap). He's still a main character, though, so either way I'd say all that counts for his story not being over yet...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Does anybody have a video showing how the fragment skill Eyes of the Goddess works?

I remember being really excited when they announced that the camera could be controlled during cutscenes.
It's a bit pointless, since it's very limited panning. Although, you get to see "behind the scenes" in a couple of instances and are able to look at props off screen that you shouldn't be able to see.

Such as the meteor crashing to Pulse in Serah's paradox ending

Nohar

Not interested.

I hardly see how mere costumes are worth that much money... Sure, everything is relative, but I just can't accept that DLC are becoming more and more proeminent in nowadays video games, and that people buy them, especially when it's obvious that there are a lot of abuses surrounding them.

I'm wondering if an american legal institution was seized in order to see if DLC could be seen as unfair commercial practice ? A french institution (DGCCRF : "Direction générale de la concurrence, de la consommation et de la répression des fraudes") was seized about it (among others things, such as the quality of some games who were released as obvious beta), but it may take a while before it gives an answer.

Meier

I feel like I played the game "wrong" because I never used a SEN monster throughout the entire thing. My most defensive paradigm was MED/SEN/MED, with Noel being the SEN, And even that was only for emergencies.

I never did either until the final boss. I'm not sure he's beatable without 3 SENs.. maybe I guess you could just use 2 if you were willing to let your 3rd person die. My standard was like this for about 99% of the game:

RAV/COM/COM (default)
RAV/RAV/RAV
COM/COM/COM
RAV/COM/MED
MED/SEN/MED
SAB/SYN/MED

For the final boss I ditched the RAV for a SEN. That being said, I haven't done any Paradox endings since I haven't touched it since beating it a few days ago.

"The Shadow of Valhalla" is such an awesome track. Very ethereal with moments of creepy bizarre-ness that would fit snugly into an episode of The Twilight Zone. Aside from a few stupid vocal tracks, the soundtrack really grew on me a lot over the course of playing the game.

Nose Master

It's more like being able to lightly shove the cameraman during cutscenes. You move the right stick, and it move the camera slightly in that direction.

MechaX

A shame that all the DLC comes so late. I already 100%ed the game last week and the DLC gives me no reason to come back. I'm no big fan of costumes DLC, but I would have loved to switch them in my ~60h of playtime (at least I got those pre-order costumes, the Noel one sucked though).

This is pretty much my biggest problem as well. Yeah, I most likely would have bought the AC costume for Noel and the other costume for Serah, provided that they actually released them during the game's launch. I'm really not comprehending SE's strategy here because by the next month, most people are going to be done with the game (and the very incremental DLC thus far isn't going to keep people occupied for more than 10-30 minutes).

rataven

It's more like being able to lightly shove the cameraman during cutscenes. You move the right stick, and it move the camera slightly in that direction.

This skill was sooo underwhelming. Everything else that unlocks has been pretty rad (OMG anti-grav jump) but just twitching the camera around during the cutscenes was not as interesting as it could have been.

This is pretty much my biggest problem as well. Yeah, I most likely would have bought the AC costume for Noel and the other costume for Serah, provided that they actually released them during the game's launch. I'm really not comprehending SE's strategy here because by the next month, most people are going to be done with the game (and the very incremental DLC thus far isn't going to keep people occupied for more than 10-30 minutes).

I find it to be a problem in too many RPG's, whether it's DLC or sidequests that you do post-game that gives you awesome equipment and better stats, but by the time you get that stuff there's nothing else to do.

They really, really need to stop doing it that way. Having stronger, optional bosses to fight that you can pretty much only beat if you go after the best stuff in the game and have ridiculously high levels is one thing, but even then you're just doing it to take down a couple of optional bosses.

Ideally they would have a lot more optional scenarios to play through or something. It's depressing spending so much time finally getting something badass, but then having nothing to use it on, so you just end up getting into a fight, using it once, going "wow that took down a lot of HP lol" and then being done with it.

DLC really could have remedied this in a way by releasing new and decently meaty scenarios to use your pumped up party in.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death

I guess I'll repeat my thoughts from before. From my understanding, there IS a reason SE is doing this. They're trying to do two things. Increase the longevity of the game and prevent the games being sold as used games. I'll explain the first.

Essentially, they release costumes because it adds a new visual aesthetic. SE thinks that you will go back to play through the game or the new "story" content if they release costumes steadily. While you, and me included, might not fall under the audience, I know that some people are psyched that these are coming out and are willing to buy them and play the game again.

Secondly, by constantly streaming out DLC SE prevents Used Game sales in a way. This ties to the first reason in a way. SE is essentially preventing people from trading in their game because there is content coming out and, once again you might not fall under this category, people will keep the game because content exists and is coming out steadily.

These are just my thoughts on SE's strategy. While I can't say this doesn't work or not, I personally say that it's crap strategy when the content is bad and the price is just as bad.

Nose Master

So, I had a friend over last night while I was playing this for a bit. I was trying to debuff yomi, and kept going to the abilities menu each time to do it. "Why don't you just use repeat" "what"

I had no god damn idea that existed.

Westonian

Serious question: does the stress of being a seeress cause Yuel to poop her pants? Because that's the only reason I can think of to explain the way she looks when she walks.

Toth

You guys never need to grind if you use a good SEN. The fact that the game gives you a powerful SEN fairly easily in the opening of the game pretty much encourages you to use tanking strategies (X/X/SEN).

You can also get a really good RAV in the form of Albino Lobo that can carry you through the end of the game to use Relentless Assault (RAV/COM/RAV) on the easy parts of the game.

A good SEN helps a ton with some of the bosses in the main story. To make it work, you can set up Noel as a healer since he has AoE Cures and have Serah and your SEN monster tank. Or make a setup with Noel as SYN Serah as SABand a SEN monster to keep damage as low as possible while you buff / debuff. The game is flexible enough not to need monsters to fill your roles but your monsters just tend to be better SENs than your character.

On a related note, I beat the final boss with a SEN SEN MED setup but there where some close calls. I haven't done any of the post game stuff since I am running through the game again but SEN does become absolutely essential in later stages of the game..just like 13 :)

K' Dash

I hope SE put a Coliseum Pack with bosses from other FF, or wathever, I bought Ligh and Amodar as an experiment and because I wanted Light in my party, but don't see any reason to buy any other coliseum DLC if it isn't like 10+ fights.

Of course depending on the content I could buy some, but not all, a FFVI cast would spark the FF fanboy of old in me, but that's me, I'm sure people won't keep shelling 3 bucks for ONE fight or a skin for a long time.

Westonian

I used SEN in the
Serah and Caius Paradox fight
but I mixed it up and had Serah as the SEN and left the damage to my Chichu and Lightning monsters, with a switch to COM/COM when staggered.

That fight was so much harder (and enjoyable) than the final boss.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
What this game really needs as an add-on is a 100 floor battle dungeon, tuned to challenge players with a maxed-out crystarium. Bosses every 10 floors should be 100% capturable with Feral Link finisher.

Rodelina

Neo Member
So, I had a friend over last night while I was playing this for a bit. I was trying to debuff yomi, and kept going to the abilities menu each time to do it. "Why don't you just use repeat" "what"

I had no god damn idea that existed.

I've been having a hard time with Yomi, I try to debuff him but sometimes by the time I actually get poison to work, he turns that stupid shield ability on.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
What this game really needs as an add-on is a 100 floor battle dungeon, tuned to challenge players with a maxed-out crystarium. Bosses every 10 floors should be 100% capturable with Feral Link finisher.

That'd be awesome.

Knosmirc

Neo Member

THIS.

Would be amazing... maxing out at 45 hours into a FF game just feels so... lonely... lol

Top Bottom