• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

PS3 fixed and back.

OMG Academy 4XXAF....no words...jaw dropping. One of the most mesmerizing moments this gen when I walked into it the first time

Lockon

Platinum'd this game over the weekend...They better release FF13-3, DLC, or whatever the crap that need to end this story. Time to get Omega's crystal and Lighting too, and wait for other decent DLCs.

Ricker

So I guess you need to do at least one clock puzzle if you are going for the main story right?...just got my first one,blocking a warp gate that I need to get to for a Graviton Core? and that Core in Bodhum needs a Mog Fragment skill?...where are those damn skills,I'm 40 hours in and only have 2 of them(improved Mog throw and some haggling skill).

umm is it just me or does Hope look DOWN every time he talks..down as in his eyes never look up they always gaze down

It's just very annoying imo

Edit: How many of these graviton cores do I need to find????? I hope not all of them!

So I guess you need to do at least one clock puzzle if you are going for the main story right?...just got my first one,blocking a warp gate that I need to get to for a Graviton Core? and that Core in Bodhum needs a Mog Fragment skill?...where are those damn skills,I'm 40 hours in and only have 2 of them(improved Mog throw and some haggling skill).

i'm proud to say that i did all the bresha ruins clock levels ( 100 AF & 110 AF ) without a guide ... I love those kind of things ..

Edit: How many of these graviton cores do I need to find????? I hope not all of them!

5 out of 7

firehawk12

Subete no aware
umm is it just me or does Hope look DOWN every time he talks..down as in his eyes never look up they always gaze down

It's just very annoying imo

You only get 4 skills from playing the game straight. The rest require exploration or post-game play.

Danj

i'm proud to say that i did all the bresha ruins clock levels ( 100 AF & 110 AF ) without a guide ... I love those kind of things ..

What about the Tile Trials? Got a solution for the Bresha 300AF
Control Device Password 2 tile trial round 3
?

K' Dash

at last! I got Omega and Amodar last night, that was pretty much what I did for three hours, now I'm 50 hours in and I have Noel and Serah almost maxed out, storywise I'm still mid game tho :-/

Ricker

I have the site for the solutions but I was trying to figure them out by myself...what's the trick,what do you watch for a few turns ahead,if anything,or are some parts random...got the first 2 stages mostly through luck but gave up on the 3rd stage...

How do you not have the mog fragment skill yet?

The one in Bodhum is the skill where you press R1 and mog finds treasure by searching for a paradox...you surely have that skill right?

duckroll

I have the site for the solutions but I was trying to figure them out by myself...what's the trick,what do you watch for a few turns ahead,if anything,or are some parts random...got the first 2 stages mostly through luck but gave up on the 3rd stage...

It's just a logic puzzle. There are fixed rules and you just figure it out by look at the numbers and figuring it out in your head.

What about the Tile Trials? Got a solution for the Bresha 300AF
Control Device Password 2 tile trial round 3
?

bresha 300 AF ? i don't think i've unlocked this area yet ( have 10,1X,100,110 ) ..

i'm missing the graviton core in oerba ( in fact in only have 1 oerba gate ) , where is the that gate ?

The one in Bodhum is the skill where you press R1 and mog finds treasure by searching for a paradox...you surely have that skill right?

you don't get that skill unless you speak with the soldier noticing something wrong ... if you just passed by him, then it's possible to not have it ..

no trick , just quick thinking ..thinking several moves ahead helps..
if there are lot of big numbers (4 or 5 ) then take care of them first , otherwise start with a smaller number.. It's hard to give a good tip since it's really random

EDIT : sorry i meant to Edit my previous post ...i guess something weird happened on my side.

Ricker

Yes,I said I have 2 fragment skills hehe...I was where the picture shows you and doing R1 but nothing popped up,i`ll go try again later.

Danj

Is that the one with all of them in a line?

No the Tile Trials are the ones with the tiles that disappear after you step on them, you have to collect all the crystals but in this particular puzzle some of the crystals move around. I posted a sort of crappy ASCII art map of the one I was stuck on a couple of pages back.

ZenaxPure

No the Tile Trials are the ones with the tiles that disappear after you step on them, you have to collect all the crystals but in this particular puzzle some of the crystals move around. I posted a sort of crappy ASCII art map of the one I was stuck on a couple of pages back.

I believe he was asking about a specific puzzle (there is one where it's basically a straight line). Anyway, my tip for the tile puzzles is to just start running. If you can't figure it out at the start, running on a specific path will give you a general idea of how to solve it. It becomes very apparent which paths you can not take by simply running down one to see what crystals are left to grab.

Westonian

Son of a bastard!

So my final fragment was the 100% bestiary, and I did everything. All the
Caius Paradox fights, the Atlus Paradox fight, the Royal Ripeness Paradox fight and the Proto Fal'cie Paradox fight.
Still no fragment from that arrogant Academy bastard.

Turns out I was missing a version of the
Proto Fal'cie. The one you get from not answering the Trigger correctly and being forced to fight him again. So I had to go back to Augusta 200AF and fight that guy three more times.
What a pain in the ass.

At any rate, I now have 160/160 and I just need the stupid Chocobo steps trophy to get the Platinum. 65 hours total, though I wasted hours of that getting that stupid 7,777 fragment.

Sooo in AF 400 Academia, I need to find the graviton core but is it possible to ride a chocobo there?? I don't wanna go into "dat encounter rate" ever again lol

rataven

Sooo in AF 400 Academia, I need to find the graviton core but is it possible to ride a chocobo there?? I don't wanna go into "dat encounter rate" ever again lol

I have to go back there myself for a few more fragments. Blech.

And Cie'th have to be the most boring, ugly random encounter enemies in FF history. They are terrible.

RedAssedApe

Banned
I wish there was some quick travel option on some of these maps. Namely 400-4xx AF. I want to do the quizzes but am too lazy to walk my way around. LOL

jinutsu

Neo Member
I'm working on polishing up the last of the fragments and this thought dawned on me...

Is this the best post-story content ever seen in a FF game? (outside of the MMORPG's)

I'm leaning towards yes. Consider these reasons:

Multiple endings.
Number of monsters to recruit.
The different ways you can adjust the settings of the game to make it easier to achieve your goals.
Closing gates to revisit areas with your current levels and equipment.
The number of rare spawning monsters to battle.
The items you can only obtain after the final battle.
DLC.

Even if some of these items aren't the greatest (DLC, some of the endings) the sheer amount and variety of content is nice.

I'm bouncing all over the historia crux doing fun things. I don't normally spend too much time with a game once I've gotten all of the achievements but with this one I see myself farming a few of the cool monster crystals and leveling them up to see how powerful they can become. If I was reviewing the game in chunks I'd rate the post-story content as the strongest point in the game.

duckroll

Well, you can use the fragment skill that reduces the encounter rate.

I don't actually think that helps in Academia 400 though. The way it is designed is different, and the game actually places enemies all over the map in advance, and once you go anywhere near them (even if you're ABOVE them or UNDER them) the Mog Clock triggers, and sometimes you can't even get to them from where you are, so you're just forced to watch it count to zero and force an encounter.

The design REALLY sucks.

Dat encounter rate is toned down when you revisit the area.

hmmm for the place where the graviton core was I didn't have to fight a single enemy while getting to it...maybe just luck or that certain area doesn't have encounters.

anyway just past the beginning bits of Chapter 5 and Oh my...some excellent cutscenes.
loved the whole Serah/yeul and Caius/Serah confrontations

Go_Ly_Dow

I don't actually think that helps in Academia 400 though. The way it is designed is different, and the game actually places enemies all over the map in advance, and once you go anywhere near them (even if you're ABOVE them or UNDER them) the Mog Clock triggers, and sometimes you can't even get to them from where you are, so you're just forced to watch it count to zero and force an encounter.

The design REALLY sucks.

Also
the NPC's transform in to Cie'th when you run near them

Yeah, Academia 400AF is just bad design. You cannot escape the battles. But all is forgiven when you enter Academia 4XXAF!

Managed to do all the Oerba (all timelines) Clock Puzzles without a guide and without using pen & paper. Me boss!

Rasputin on the other hand annihilates me. Is there any way you can keep up when he summons those 5 bladed Cie'th?

Woah just got my first paradox ending
in New bodhum when I said "yes" to Lightning

Anyway so after I restarted at that point and made the right option...OMG I think I hear
vanille calling me

Can't wait to carry on!!

Charles

Probably someone has complained about it already, but what the hell is up with the slot machines?

You play and play and never win...is there a trick to winning that I can't see?

Nose Master

The design REALLY sucks.

It's definitely not as low as other zones, but it does help. I had to run through there to get a graviton core I missed, and they were drastically lower.

Probably someone has complained about it already, but what the hell is up with the slot machines?

You play and play and never win...is there a trick to winning that I can't see?

276-1089-rubber-band.jpg

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I won 60K coins using the rubber band/tape method.
The guide says that playing manually on the summer day thing gets you a 130% win rate. Playing automatically gets you a 98% win rate.

Of course, you're still at the mercy of the RNG either way. It took me 4 hours to barely make enough to get the fragment, for example.

StuBurns

Banned
Why did you buy it?
I was buying Chinatown Wars and the Lumines Xmas pack, and I was at like £8.20 or something, so I thought why not, get close to the £10.

It's really stupid actually, because if I do play it again, I'd actually want that one designed by the pop star or whatever, that's a cool outfit.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
I was buying Chinatown Wars and the Lumines Xmas pack, and I was at like £8.20 or something, so I thought why not, get close to the £10.

I don't mean anything insult-like with this comment but, I feel like you sort of wasted your money. Once again, I don't mean anything bad, just a thought.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, speaking of the costumes, what happens during the pre-rendered cutscenes? They go back to their default clothes, I presume?

StuBurns

Banned
I don't mean anything insult-like with this comment but, I feel like you sort of wasted your money. Once again, I don't mean anything bad, just a thought.
It is wasteful, but I also saved like £6 on Chinatown Wars, so I'm still £4.50 in the black really.

Buying video games the week their out is like the definition of wasteful in the UK market. XIII-2 is £24 now. I could have saved £11 if I'd waited two weeks. I'm waiting for Catherine to tank for example.

You're right, I shouldn't have bought it, for better reasons than I care about £1.50 too.
You know, speaking of the costumes, what happens during the pre-rendered cutscenes? They go back to their default clothes, I presume?
Yeah, but there are only two of them I think.

Although I was bitching last week that the PS3 version's cutscenes run like shit because SE are too cheap to pay for multiple DVDs on 360, thinking about it, that's bollocks, it's because they have to be real-time to sell costumes.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I hear using the auto-play feature lowers your chances by a third
Who in their right mind would play this thing manually for hours and hours and hours and hours hoping to luck out?

I won quite a sum of coins after trying this method... but it took a while and I didn't really care since I left the PS3 on while I did readings or graded.

Chapter 5 spoilers ...
Dying World...saving Noel from the dream was fantastic....truly epic, emotional and satisfying
That is probably my favourite part of the game. Not because it involves Noel or anything, but because the narrative, mood, emotion, and atmosphere was communicated quite well through retrospection.

Top Bottom