• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 |OT| Change the Future

4wOXc.png

48dA6.png

Why didn't they use this beautiful outfits in the regular game from the start?

....... I remember when games used to have these extras for free, now we have to pay for them -_-"

kiryogi

Banned
I hope Square Enix continues the tradition of pricing their DLC lower outside of Japan. They did that for Dissidia012, and I ended up buying a bunch of the DLC (until PSN died and stopped me from wasting more money!). If the pricing is the same as Japan, I don't see myself buying any DLC other than story content. 300yen is too much for costumes and shit.

Lawlz, 300y is nothing compared to what I've spent for Namdai. Xillia and Im@s 2 combined. I'm ready for these costume DLCs!

Squire

Banned
I hope Square Enix continues the tradition of pricing their DLC lower outside of Japan. They did that for Dissidia012, and I ended up buying a bunch of the DLC (until PSN died and stopped me from wasting more money!). If the pricing is the same as Japan, I don't see myself buying any DLC other than story content. 300yen is too much for costumes and shit.

I wouldn't be surprised if they pull a Deus Ex and charge $15 for the story-based add-ons.

Side-note: Serah's cute. I'll bite on that bikini costume.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I think the DLC-costumes fit as DLC-costumes and nothing else :p Would look bad if those were the original costumes.

Toth

Especially when coming after the release of the game. I don't understand why someone should go back to the game just for a new costume. It makes sense in a fightning game like Dissidia because you always have reasons to go back playing it from time to time. But when you complete a jRPG, chances are lower to do so.
I'm really looking forward to BOSS-DLCs and SCENARIO-DLCs though. Hoping they'll be worth.

Yeah I will be more comfortable with the ending if there are scenario DLCs that continue afterward. Didn't SE say DLC will continue the story after the ending? I wish SE would announce them so people can stop freaking out about the possibility of a 13-3.

Squire

Banned
There isn't a new game+ but you can just continue the game after the ending. So you keep everything !

Sure about that?

AndriaSang said:
After clearing the game, you'll return to the opening. If you close the Historia Crux gate there, you'll be able to enjoy a "New Game Plus" type experience. You may want to play the game a second time, as there are some items that you'll only get on the second time through, like certain monster decorations that you get based off your Live Trigger conversation choices.

http://andriasang.com/comz7j/ffxiii2_dengeki/

that Serah costume should have been the default one, it's so much better than the one we got in the game D: as if they did this on purpose so that people buy DLC.
it's preorder bonus for us so not bad.
it is ? Really?? Where do i go to preorder this ? is it in the cristal edition ?

Lawlz, 300y is nothing compared to what I've spent for Namdai. Xillia and Im@s 2 combined. I'm ready for these costume DLCs!
Comrade !!

i know what you feel ( because i've done it for Xillia and project diva 2nd )

i have no regrets ;_;

Toth

Reviewers were indeed accurate on the game's length.

One of the streams is 159/160 fragments with a playing time of 104 hours.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
What are the main story themes you wanted to address in FFXIII-2?

At the end of Final Fantasy XIII, the world was almost completely destroyed. In Final Fantasy XIII-2 we wanted to offer the player an experience of following the way the world is rebuilt over a long span of time. That’s why we decided to use “Wish for Rebirth” as the theme for the Final Fantasy XIII-2 story. The theme has two meanings: one is rebirth of the devastated world and the other is the re-encounter with Lightning, who has gone missing.

The past year has seen many disasters - not only in Japan but also across the world. We sincerely hope that the story of Final Fantasy XIII-2 will bring hope and courage to many people’s hearts.

More questions here: This FINAL FANTASY XIII-2 mini-interview focuses on story

yogaflame

Hey, Nomura and his team wanted to extend their vacation and keep partying for just one more year before finally going back to work, so a substitute had to come in.

Don't blame FFXIII-2 for that!

No, he mentioned in his past interview that his game schedule is move because of FF13-2 and the FF on PSP, to launch those games first. So some resources and personnel are remove from Ffversus13. He just made an excuse that he needs more development time. Huh? 4-5 years already and still needs more time. But my goodness it is so obvious that his game development was affected by FF13-2 and the FF on psp.

To bad FFversus13 is a vapor ware a new Duke nukem forever. Anyway after FF10, the FF franchise is dead , What i mean about dead is not about sales but quality. Well Japanese RPG quality is dead, we miss those SNES, Ps1 and Ps2 RPG days. Thanks MS

RPGCrazied

So, a total of 3 costumes now for each? I've seen Noel's AC costume(just art, not ingame), some sort of red one, don't know the name, has pointy boots. Then a swimsuit we haven't seen yet?

I wonder if thats it, I wish you could get some in game, but I doubt it. Nickel and Dime time!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Wait, 300 yen for all costumes? In that case, that's a really good price in my opinion ._. but if it's 300 yen each, fuck that shit.

Well Japanese RPG quality is dead, we miss those SNES, Ps1 and Ps2 RPG days. Thanks MS

MS as in Microsoft? What do they have to do with anything? Japanese RPG quality is not dead, it simply moved to handhelds where: a. it sells more b. you don't go bankrupt after one flop.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Is the platinum difficult to obtain?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
I got one of the paradox endings already, lol. The nice part about that was it let me pick a different choice and continue the story.

Yoshichan

I got one of the paradox endings already, lol. The nice part about that was it let me pick a different choice and continue the story.
Wait, I'm super confused... did you beat it already?

UberTag

Seems like most of the Paradox "Endings" work the same way as the "Bad Ends" in Corpse Party.
Some of which can be gotten prior to beating the game proper and some only after.

The guy streaming with 159 fragments is back up and playing again.

Perfo

I'm very confused by what Kagari just told us. Someone willing to explain a little more in detail? Getting to see one of the endings of the game prior to finishing it... and even moving on after it? What does it mean o_O?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Yeah, the one I got was really weird... basically it wasn't supposed to happen, which is why you get to choose something else.

Yoshichan

I'm very confused by what Kagari just told us. Someone willing to explain a little more in detail? Getting to see one of the endings of the game prior to finishing it... and even moving on after it? What does it mean o_O?
Yep, I didn't even bother asking :lol

From my understanding they are like the dead end in radiant historia after a bad choice,
Or the bad ends of corpse party ..

Bad choice ? see the consequences of your bad choice and back to the game with you choosing/doing something else.
kagari , can you confirm if i am mistaken ?

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
From my understanding they are like the dead end in radiant historia after a bad choice,
Or the bad ends of corpse party ..

Bad choice ? see the consequences of your bad choice and back to the game with you choosing/doing something else.
kagari , can you confirm if i am mistaken ?

Yeah, that's exactly what it was. The game went back to the place where you can pick the outcome and let me choose something else.

Toth

Completing all 160 fragments does indeed give
an extra scene after the ending. Guess the only hope for resolution are those planned scenario content DLCs. I really do not want to wait for a 13-3....

Perfo

Got it now thanks, and that sounds pretty cool. "To Continue" then is just like resuming at the point before you made that "incorrect" choice and trying a different route. That's why they're called "paradox" endings also. I heard something similar happened in Radiant Historia too, but I didn't play that game that's why I couldn't catch immediately the reference :p

Yoshichan

Sounds gimmicky to me.

UberTag

All of the paradox endings are loosely referenced with spoiler criteria on how to get them over in the FFXIII-2 wiki.

Someone who isn't streaming/recording their progress has confirmed that an additional ending sequence plays following the end credits after beating the game with 160 fragments (Leta is still at 159).

Only vague details have been posted about it, however. I'm still not sold on it
salvaging XIII-2 from being nothing more than a commercial for FFXIII-3... this is Xenosaga all over again except Square isn't being up front with their sales pitch like Namco/Monolith were when they went this route

Still leaning towards going the $20 bargain bin route here.

jackdoe

Still leaning towards going the $20 bargain bin route here.
Likewise. If they wanted to purposely use the shittiest costumes available as default to get people to spring cash for better looking character outfits, I'm going to buy the game for $20 and use the savings to buy the better costumes.

Likewise. If they wanted to purposely use the shittiest costumes available as default to get people to spring cash for better looking character outfits, I'm going to buy the game for $20 and use the savings to buy the better costumes.

Talk about conspiracy theories.

I really doubt their train of thought was "lets put what we purposely think is shitty as the face of this game we are trying to sell". Maybe you just think the costumes are bad and there really is no actual intent to force you do buy the DLC. I know that's too crazy.

Perfo

Talk about conspiracy theories.

I don't even agree with what most people are implying here. I'm not a huge fan of the current character designs, but I find these asian-inspired clothes even more uglier than the standard's ones we got. The new ones simply don't fit with the world the characters are in...

jackdoe

I don't even agree with what most people are implying here. I'm not a huge fan of the current character designs, but I find these asian-inspired clothes even more uglier than the standard's ones we got. The new ones simply don't fit with the world the characters are in...
Oh, no I think these are ugly as well. When I play FFXIII-2 for the first time, it will be with Noel Auditore and a Serah that doesn't look like a cheap hooker and looks more like a variation of Lighting (which is the costume that won that contest).

And I honestly don't think S-E gives one shit if the aesthetics fit. Noel's default look clashes with every other costume to begin with and Serah's hooker outfit doesn't mesh with the Team Nora outfits nor does it fit with the stuff that characters like Hope wears.

Well those are "extra" costumes ...they don't really need to fit .."Tales of" does this all the time , giving opportunities for the player to unlock cameos and bonuses costumes ..

Last gen all of it was in the game , now part of it are DLC , that's the main complain.

(For example , kicking yggrasil ass with my presea in a klonoa costume is WEIRD and doesn't fit but at this point , it's not revelant )

S-E is going down the same route as everyone else with cuts and dlcs ..

I mean some ( arguably crazy ) PEOPLE complained that FF13 had no dlc ..here we are then .

And I honestly don't think S-E gives one shit if the aesthetics fit. Noel's default look clashes with every other costume to begin with and Serah's hooker outfit doesn't mesh with the Team Nora outfits nor does it fit with the stuff that characters like Hope wears.

Hope's outfit looks in like with the Sanctum troops and regular cocoon outfits we've seen in the last game. Noel looks like Fangs so it's got that Pulsian vibe going on. And Serah's outfit looks stupid, but it doesn't really look out of place. How do these things not mesh with the game?

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I mean some ( arguably crazy ) PEOPLE complained that FF13 had no dlc ..here we are then .

Hell... if western journalists and western design consultants didn't keep bugging them about it, it's possible the thought of DLC would have never occurred to them. :p

xxczx

My first priority in games is to waste all the money on costumes so I'm okay with wasting my real money for DLC.

UberTag

Quibbling about the costume DLC just seems silly to me. Capcom does this nonsense all the time with their fighting games and people still splurge on 'em.

That's just kind of frivolous.

Now having a beef with the way the story of the game is handled. That's perfectly justified.
I'd rather have FFXIII as its own self-contained experience if I'm going to have to wait for FFXIII-3 for any kind of payoff to the nonsense introduced by Toriyama in FFXIII-2.

Perhaps the Matrix movies are a more fitting comparison than Xenosaga. Square seems more likely to give us something Matrix Revolutions-calibre than something at the level of Xenosaga Episode 3.

I'm willing to change my stance based on what is gleaned from the "A World Without Goddess" post-credits sequence, however.

jackdoe

Hope's outfit looks in like with the Sanctum troops and regular cocoon outfits we've seen in the last game. Noel looks like Fangs so it's got that Pulsian vibe going on. And Serah's outfit looks stupid, but it doesn't really look out of place. How do these things not mesh with the game?
I don't really know if I can really put it into words. It's more of a feeling that something's completely off. In FFXIII the main party just looked like they fit together from an aesthetics point of view (with Vanille and Fang being the obvious standouts due to plot reasons).

In FFXIII-2, it just doesn't mesh well together for me. It's just all over the place with the Pulsian aesthetic, the pop/hooker aesthetic for Serah, the weird ass bird aesthetic for Lightning, and the slightly futuristic real world aesthetic.

Top Bottom