• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII-2 Standard Edition $29.99 On Sale at Best Buy [$15 with coupon]

FYI guys, if you sign up for the free reward zone card, they will give you the coupon for free without buying the magazine.

Thats what I got.

The guy at my store told me I have to be subscribed to the magazine to use the coupons, which I don't think it right. But I did it anyways as its only $10 more than buying one issue. I ended up getting FFXIII-2 for $15, Rage for $5, and I picked up Need For Speed: The Run for $20 because I'm a masochist.

Thought this game was embarrassingly easy and laughably bad. The DLC situation bordered on insulting. FF13 was a masterpiece compared to this one. Traded in at $1 profit the moment I beat
triple bahamut
. Kinda wish that this one, not FF12, was the only FF I've never beaten.

Will add to my collection at $7 or less someday.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
The guy at my store told me I have to be subscribed to the magazine to use the coupons, which I don't think it right. But I did it anyways as its only $10 more than buying one issue. I ended up getting FFXIII-2 for $15, Rage for $5, and I picked up Need For Speed: The Run for $20 because I'm a masochist.

He lied to you, report him

Bisonian

Went to the store... they had a ton of magazines (25ish on a display). Got XIII-2 for $15, Rage for $5, and Bulletstorm for $5. They had a bunch of $10 Arkham City copies too.

Pretty good deal if you are looking for any of those titles.

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
If Amazon matches this, I'm getting it; I also have that $10 code that I still haven't used.

I got there and they were out of coupons, but the guy told me to subscribe for $15 bucks and they'd allow me to use the coupons anyways.

I ended up getting FFXIII-2 & a subscription for 30 buck as well as Batman: AC for $10. Not a bad day.

I got there and they were out of coupons, but the guy told me to subscribe for $15 bucks and they'd allow me to use the coupons anyways.

I ended up getting FFXIII-2 & a subscription for 30 buck as well as Batman: AC for $10. Not a bad day.

I looked around to get Batman AC as well, but all I saw were used copies. Might go back later this week (before the coupons expire) to see if have better luck, and maybe see if they have and copies of Mass Effect 2 for PS3.

Synless

Went to the store... they had a ton of magazines (25ish on a display). Got XIII-2 for $15, Rage for $5, and Bulletstorm for $5. They had a bunch of $10 Arkham City copies too.

Pretty good deal if you are looking for any of those titles.

The rage coupon still works?

bumpkin

I'll pick it up when it drops to $20. Game just isn't worth more than that.
Pretty much my line of thought too. Don't get me wrong, it's a great deal and an awesome price if you can find the coupon to stack with it, but I have plenty to play right now (Kid Icarus Uprising, Mario Kart 7, Xenoblade coming soon); maybe by the time I'm through some of my backlog, it will have dropped in price permanently.

I have an honest question.. I see that Bestbuy has a ton of sales related to video games all the time, but yet I've never seen how to actually get the prices advertised. Do I need to bring in the advertisements that were in the paper? Do I need to sign up for a rewards program?

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
Anything wrong with getting the 360 version? Leaning 360 since the load times are purportedly much better.

Got all 1000/1000 achievements on 360. Never noticed any real glaring issue. Framerate hitches now and again in certain areas, but hardly worth concerning over.

Biggest real concern is the quality of the game itself. The difficulty level is non-existent, making -every- fight completely trivial as well as compromising the utility and design of the various combat and development systems. The progression and plotting is awkward, the sidequests are dreadfully poor, and many of the characters are cringe-inducing. The intent to appeal to complaints regarding FFXIII did not make this a well-rounded product. New issues arose surrounding the design that weren't as prevalent previously, and ultimately we are left with a sequel that is just as disappointing for a variety of different reasons.

I have an honest question.. I see that Bestbuy has a ton of sales related to video games all the time, but yet I've never seen how to actually get the prices advertised. Do I need to bring in the advertisements that were in the paper? Do I need to sign up for a rewards program?

You shouldn't have to do anything but walk in the store.

Ideally.

LiK

Got all 1000/1000 achievements on 360. Never noticed any real glaring issue. Framerate hitches now and again in certain areas, but hardly worth concerning over.

Biggest real concern is the quality of the game itself. The difficulty level is non-existent, making -every- fight completely trivial as well as compromising the utility and design of the various combat and development systems. The progression and plotting is awkward, the sidequests are dreadfully poor, and many of the characters are cringe-inducing. The intent to appeal to complaints regarding FFXIII did not make this a well-rounded product. New issues arose surrounding the design that weren't as prevalent previously, and ultimately we are left with a sequel that is just as disappointing for a variety of different reasons.

but the final boss fights were epic and fun.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
but the final boss fights were epic and fun.

Not when I played. Crushed the final bosses with 5 stars on my first attempt using a single paradigm. They were a total joke. Granted by that point, I was already feeling OP, but that was a consistent feeling I got from the previous 40 hours leading up to that point as well.

I have heard many people complaining about that fight, likely those people that stuck specifically to the critical path and never branched off to do a sidequest or two. But for me, the whole encounter was barely a fight.

Hell, I had to grind for the Paradigm shift trophy as one of my final achievements post-game, because after 45 hours of play never did combat demand I shift Paradigm decks more than 1000 times. This alone was truly telling how abysmal the balance was even in comparison to FFXIII. There was just no need to shift outside of a scant few optional endgame fights!

Got the Novella PS3 version even though I never finished XIII. I want to go back and buy it, but it's $20. Funny that I just bought XIII-2 for $5 less.

:x just bought this for $15 after that coupon (they didn't have mags so the guy just took off $15)

is there a way to neuter yourself to give the game more challenge? lol

carlos

Well, as expected... not working in Puerto Rico (labeled and scans at $59.99). :p

lol, you actually tried....I usually avoid even entering these threads because they make me so jealous.
no target, walmart ship to store option, best buy, or even amazon free shipping...

I just came here to beg if someone can get me a cheap copy of arkham city ;)

Let me in

No magazine at my location, no buy. Amazon might have a good deal later. I'm backed up with quite a few games anyway.

~Kinggi~

Banned
No magazine at my location, no buy. Amazon might have a good deal later. I'm backed up with quite a few games anyway.

Yeah people at my location didnt even seem to know that they had a magazine. Couldnt find them anywhere.

They did however have ample supply of the games. I had 50$ in best buy gift cards i wanted to spend so i picked up FF 13-2 and SSX. Could have been a worse deal.

Celcius

°Temp. member
Despite really enjoying 13, I'll wait until it's $20 with no coupon before I give it a chance. I've been burned by too many disappointments lately...

Tdog987

This was known for about a week.

I bought a Novella PS3 version for $60. My BB has only 1 Novella and vanilla version there, so I picked up the Novella a week ago. I held on to my $15 coupon.

Went back in today, returned it, then rebought (both at CS) and used the $15 coupoun to make it a grand total of $15.

I also went and checked the stock and there were no PS3 copies, but there were about 6 360 vanilla copies left.

Managed to snag my copy at Best Buy for $16.22, despite them being out of magazines.

I just showed the clerk a scanned version of the coupon (off my iphone) and he used the provided barcode. He treated it like I had showed him a printed coupon. :)

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Stopping by tomorrow afternoon. Hope they still have the magazine with the coupon.

Natiko

Banned
Me and my friend stopped by and each got a copy today. Everything went smoothly, we even got the copies with some random thing included.

KingJ2002

I really liked it: great music, epic-looking FMVs, good graphics, some daft moments, some nice towns, the hand-holding isn't anywhere near as bad as XIII, nice weather changes, characters can now be switched in battle again. Noel and Serah are much likeable than the stoic Lightning, overall the game-play has good variety with the non-linear structure, mini-games and monster customisation.

The less good: some of the side-quests get a bit boring because of recycled assets being cheaply used with NPCs and environments, the story is very contrived even for fantasy, the re-spawning baddies make the later levels a bit boring with tight path ways that must be moved, and the beginning is a bit boring with running in circles in a town, I won't bother defending some of the character's design.

Neutral: The crystarium is more streamlined, although there's far more grids to level-up this time. The ending is hilarious and might as well be trolling.

Overall I recommend it, the strengths make it worth it even if you didn't like XIII.

Ehhh... For the price... it might be worth it...

They've improved on the gameplay from FFXIII but the motivation to keep you playing isn't there... the story makes no sense and the game's pacing might make you put it down and not pick it back up.

The DLC is lackluster and ultimately... it still feels like a FF knock off than a real entry in the series.

for 15 bucks though... i guess it's worth it... but i honestly wish i never played the game.

Top Bottom