• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

btkadams

Ceres said:
Fixed. I don't think a single game that has gone multiplatform was ever announced as exclusive. I honestly don't recall FF13 ever being but I do recall someone at Sony saying it was possible it wouldn't be exclusive (I think one of the SCEE people?).
lol the end of the trailer for final fantasy XIII at tgs or something said "EXCLUSIVELY FOR THE PLAYSTATION 3". and im fairly sure the creator said it on stage at least once. but you are right that a lot of multiplat games were never officially confirmed exclusive.

Being a PS360 owner, I couldn't care less about FFXIII going multiplat (though I am slightly shocked) and am now considering picking up the 360 version as I do all my multies. What does make me shake my head though, is the thought of Xbots who have absolutley no interest in FFXIII, but who are cheering for the game just to spite "the enemy". I would feel the same way if it was the other way around as well.

Durante

I ask: How many discs will it ship on?
2:01
Kitase says: "That's still undecided."
I ask: "About how many?"

2:02
He laughs and won't answer.

first they will finish ffxiii in japan. and then they will start localization for english.
2:03
at that point, they will start the xbox 360 development.

Bloodwake

first they will finish ffxiii in japan. and then they will start localization for english.

so says hashimoto.

k1s3k1

Banned
so says hashimoto.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Well, who would have thought. Now you don't even need to carry discs around because you can install all the damn game on the hard drive with the 360.

batbeg

Confirmed I guess?

Edit: :lol

Don

Reading the liveblog on Kotaku. They haven't started developing the 360 version yet and are finishing the Japanese version first.

Dragon

Banned
Dark Octave said:
Being a PS360 owner, I couldn't care less about FFXIII going multiplat (though I am slightly shocked) and am now considering picking up the 360 version as I do all my multies. What does make me shake my head though, is the thought of Xbots who have absolutley no interest in FFXIII, but who are cheering for the game just to spite "the enemy". I would feel the same way if it was the other way around as well.

Or the people that come in here and say: "I don't own either console but haha at Sony". I didn't realize we had so many twats here.

Evlar

Banned
Bloodwake said:

so says hashimoto.
Hmm.

SRG01

Ouch. OUCH. Development for the 360 is not concurrent? The 360 deal must be very recent then. I hope there's no delays. :(

edit: May not be released in US/Europe at the same time either? This reminds me of FFXII.

GamerSciz

Even with FFXIII, Microsoft is done for this generation. Sony and Nintendo exclusives are out weighing Microsoft's exclusives, including the one's they are stealing.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
Durante said:
I ask: How many discs will it ship on?
Kitase says: "That's still undecided."
I ask: "About how many?"

He laughs and won't answer.

Confirmed exlusive for Japan then? Also they jsut said the EU release will be proably be after the NA release.

KTallguy

Banned
so says hashimoto.
2:04
he also adds that ff13 might not be released in the us and europe at the same time because of the language

Interesting, so at least PS3 version will be finished first.
They're gonna straight port it.

Weisheit said:
:lol :lol Your bitterness in all things Wii is so obvious and laughable.

What you call bitterness I call reality. FFXIII announcement is huge. The 1:1 peripheral is what the wiimote was supposed to do in the first place. Let's stop derailing the thread please now.

he also adds that ff13 might not be released in the us and europe at the same time because of the language.
languages, rather.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
I await Sony´s counterattack tomorrow...
I wouldn't expect much, to be honest. Sony is terrible with "counter attacks" these days.

They'll probably just show f*cking Home, Little Big Planet, Killzone, and other stuff we've all been seeing for years. I suppose that's exactly what MS did for most of their conference, of course, but Sony really needs an announcement of some sort to make up for this. My guess is that they will leave absolutely no impact.

Nintendo is far more likely to surprise people, but we'll see.

Interesting. I suppose the region free thing WILL pay off then.

stuminus3

wizardofzwitchmelt1-1.jpg

pr0cs

This was really surprising, I was expecting they would have kept FF in the pocket same as the MGS series.
Not that I care though, for me FF ranks up there with MGS as a game/genre that I'm not fond of, good news if you're a fan though and don't want to buy another console for a single game.

Niks said:
Oh man the meltdown going on on forums around the interwebs is massive!!!

As an PS3 only owner, all I gotta say is ouch!
Was MGS4 the last of the great exclusives?? Whats next GT5 for 360??

Sony sadly has dropped the ball this gen and this announcement is proof. Buying and 360 is looking more and more likely. If only LIVE was free..

Sony has not lost the war, but it sure lost a big battle..
I await Sony´s counterattack tomorrow...

As a PS3 only owner; why should you care? You're still getting Final Fantasy XIII.

As a 360 only owner, this is great news if you never intend on getting a PS3.

But really, this is being blown way out of proportion. You people are acting as if this announcement will really amount to anything more than what DMC4 and GTA4 amounted to in the console warz...which is to say, a lot of bickering and crying back and forth, but in the end it won't really mean a damn thing other than a larger audience of people getting access to the game.

besada said:
I hope Sony's show tomorrow is every bit as stunning. I want to see something big, something amazing. Blow my socks off.

Yanno...I wonder if the big three jockey for who gets to go first...etc.

I wonder if the eggheads at Sony have tried to suss out whether or not it's good to be the first to make announcements, or if there are benefits to coming second for "rebuttal announcements".

Either way, Sony will need something big to make up for the announcement of them losing exclusivity of FF XIII.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
Man I wish NeoGAF was around and what it is now when FFVII went to Sony :lol

Diablos

Seems like FF13 will be released for PS3 first, then DEVELOPED for 360. Note the word DEVELOPMENT.

It is very possible that the game will still look superior on PS3 (optimizations, more disc space for textures, etc.) since it will enter a completely new development phase for 360.

KTallguy said:
Interesting, so at least PS3 version will be finished first.
They're gonna straight port it.

What I gather is that the game is developped on PC, and then it will be ported to BOTH console.

batbeg

So does this mean they just admitted to showing PS3 footage at Microsoft's conference, or they just admitted to it not being representative of gameplay footage? :p

Kweh

So do you think they'll translate the PS3 version and release that, or wait until the 360 version is ready and release them both at the same time?

besada said:
I hope Sony's show tomorrow is every bit as stunning. I want to see something big, something amazing. Blow my socks off.

Nothing will top this, though. This fucking knocked Sony right out of the ring.

KTallguy

Banned
If it comes out in Japan first, that's AWESOME.
I can play it early yay!

But I thought it was going to be simultaneous worldwide...

batbeg said:
So does this mean they just admitted to showing PS3 footage at Microsoft's conference, or they just admitted to it not being representative of gameplay footage? :p

Kitase: "As for development, we are using Crystal Tools for development. We are using it for the PC base. We are making the game at a faster pace. We should be able to show new footage in the future."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom