• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatzCU

I almost yelled out loud in my office when I heard this news. Truly unbelievable. It's been a good day for 360 fans.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
2:10 question: "Is the reason why the Japanese 360 version is not announced because of the hardware situation or some sort of contract arrangement?"

2:12 Hashimoto: As I have already mentioned, considering that the install base was one of the reasons why decided to release it in the West on the Xbox 360...

Mononofu

meltdown.gif

*Tear*

stalker

What I understood in the conference is that it will release on launch date on Europe and US. It was written actually with these words on the screen behind Wada.

SRG01

MirageDwarf said:
Superior PS3 version cofirmed? Actually can't tell because of already multi-platform engine. We have to wait to find out that.

You never know, Sony might have let go exclusivity of ff13 and paid for something new. Like Rockstar deal.

White Engine was supposedly optimized to be a multi-platform engine. I actually submitted a queston to the liveblog whether both versions would use the same engine, so we'll see if that actually gets picked up.

Sykra

g35twinturbo said:
mainly becuz PS3 lost another exclusive which was bound to get people to buy a ps3 for. Less hardware support means less developers wanting to support hardware with such a small fanbase.

Yea, but ps3 is selling at same pace as the 360 and since its easy to make multiplat games i doubt it will change.

el Diablo

Banned
DiddyBop said:
lol wow, this was totally unexpected. now all MS has to announce is a MGS4 port and i wont have to buy a ps3 for a very long time.

This post is exactly why Sony needed to keep FF13 exclusive. IF you already own a 360 why would you buy a PS3 in the future? Sony has no "system sellers" in their first party lineup and everything else you'll be able to purchase on the 360. Only 3rd party exclusives i can think of for the PS3 atm are by Sega and who in their right mind believes those are going to stay exclusive.

Is there a video around yet of Mattrick finishing up, before Wada sneaks back on-stage?

That moment was just.... tonnage. Pure Mega Tonnage.

Haunted

I'm just trying to think of ways Sony can top this tomorrow. But I'm drawing blanks.

Not even a FFVII remake for PS3 would overshadow this. And I can't think of anything else in the same megaton ballpark.

'dropping the ball' just might be the understatement of the decade concerning Sony's performance this gen. smh Sony, smh.

Whoa so wait.. Microsoft now actually supports installing entire games to the hard drive!? Awesome!

Seriously though. This FF13 announcement isn't even a megaton. I isn't even a gigaton, as some have called it. It's an Exoton!

With this announcement. NO PS3 title that isn't published by Sony is safe anymore. This changes everything. Kingdom Hearts 3? Don't even count on it being a possible exclusive.

This throws everything I thought was sacred out the window.

besada

Banned
An announcement of exclusive Heavy Rain coming out in early 2009 would be on par, for me at least. I'm really hoping Sony has something impressive they've kept under wraps. I like the megatons.

AndyD

aka andydumi
SRG01 said:
Ouch. OUCH. Development for the 360 is not concurrent? The 360 deal must be very recent then. I hope there's no delays. :(

edit: May not be released in US/Europe at the same time either? This reminds me of FFXII.

Ditto. It wont make a difference in the long run, people who want it will get a PS3 for it, if the delay to the 360 version is a year or so. Just like Bioshock is pretty much a 360/PC game, regardless of the fact its coming to PS3 later this year.

NeoUltima

fortified_concept said:
If the European and US version get delayed until X360 version is finished I'm gonna be soooooooooooooooooo fucking pissed off.
This is my concern as well....(i could care less about it being multiplat otherwise).

And with the Japanese version coming out so early...its going to be hard as hell to avoid spoilers.

Dragon

Banned
el Diablo said:
This post is exactly why Sony needed to keep FF13 exclusive. IF you already own a 360 why would you buy a PS3 in the future? Sony has no "system sellers" in their first party lineup and everything else you'll be able to purchase on the 360. Only 3rd party exclusives i can think of for the PS3 atm are by Sega and who in their right mind believes those are going to stay exclusive.

Sony has plenty of good first party titles coming out. They actually have a better first party lineup than the 360 IMO. Too bad they can't keep any third party exclusives.

Niks

g35twinturbo said:
mainly becuz PS3 lost another exclusive which was bound to get people to buy a ps3 for. Less hardware support means less developers wanting to support hardware with such a small fanbase.

Exactly.

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
NeoUltima said:
Since it is, supposedly, a simultaneous ps3/360 release in US/EU...I hope the 360 version doesn't cause even more of a delay than the localization will already.

Why would it? The programmers getting into the nitty-gritty code are not the same people recording lines or anything.

-viper-

Banned
Unbelievable. This is a MASSIVE blow against Sony. It's like stabbing someone in the chest, heart and face at the same time.

The 360 is the clear victor here. Microsoft are indeed very clever, unlike Sony who couldn't care less about third party exclusives!

The PS3 is dying.... slowly... and painfully.

MikeE21286 said:
GTA 5 exclusive to PS3....releases spring 2010. Would this top it?
If it is GTA, no. We don't know anything at this point.

It could be anything. Sony can also use that money to develop their own true exclusive IP. Sure it's a gamble but consumers' interest in new exclusive IP >>> sequel, imo.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Man, it was just brilliant how the dude left the stage, and we were all "that's all?" in the Bungie chat, Don goes on talking, and then he comes back, taps him on the shoulder, says "oh yeah, one more thing" - MS asks for the camera to be zoomed out, no one knows what the hell we're watching, then BAM.

FFXIII chick.

I don't even like JRPG's, but that had to be the most glorious E3 thing I've ever witnessed, especially with all of the fanboy surety building up after all these years about FFXIII...

Hell, that was a bomb by itself, but the BEST part to me was Don's fucking grin after the trailer - he was calm and cool the whole time, and then he just has this look on his face that just had me laughing the entire time...

What a coup.

Seriously.

Bravo MS, bravo. There is no way this can be topped.

Oh Sony.

Weisheit

SamuraiX- said:
:lol :lol :lol @ all the 360 fanboys in this thread saying "omg, no moar reason to buy a pstriple w00t!"

God of War III? Kingdom Hearts III?

What's sad is that those two games will probably be released even before FFXIII. :lol

Square is so fucking slow at everything.
KH3 isn't even confirmed in development much less being PS3 exclusive, it could be Wii game.:lol

rager

Banned
Private Hoffman said:
As a PS3 only owner; why should you care? You're still getting Final Fantasy XIII.

As a 360 only owner, this is great news if you never intend on getting a PS3.

But really, this is being blown way out of proportion. You people are acting as if this announcement will really amount to anything more than what DMC4 and GTA4 amounted to in the console warz...which is to say, a lot of bickering and crying back and forth, but in the end it won't really mean a damn thing other than a larger audience of people getting access to the game.

THIS

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
el Diablo said:
This just isn't true. With Killzone 2, Resistence 2, God of War 3, White Knight Story, and others I'd say Sony still has system sellers. They just lost the exclusivity of one big one.

SRG01

andydumi said:
Ditto. It wont make a difference in the long run, people who want it will get a PS3 for it, if the delay to the 360 version is a year or so. Just like Bioshock is pretty much a 360/PC game, regardless of the fact its coming to PS3 later this year.

Aaaaaand quite possibly an International Version being a Japan-only release sometime after the NA/EU release.

Yes, I'm still quite bitter about that.

EazyB

Banned
Good fucking lord there are a lot of RPGs on/coming to the 360. I still need to finish LO, Eternal Sonata, and start Blue Dragon before FF hits.
For some reason I don't think that'll be a problem.

Don

Question: "Will FF Versus 13 be multi plat?"

Hashimoto: No.

Edit: I wonder how long it will be before this changes.

batbeg

SamuraiX- said:
:lol :lol :lol @ all the 360 fanboys in this thread saying "omg, no moar reason to buy a pstriple w00t!"

God of War III? Kingdom Hearts III?

What's sad is that those two games will probably be released even before FFXIII. :lol

Square is so fucking slow at everything.

An unannounced Square-Enix game said to be coming after Versus XIII will come out before FFXIII, which itself is stated to come before Versus XIII? Really?

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority

Versus still PS3 only.

besada

Banned
He also added that they haven't decided whether they'll do an Asian version.

Question: Motion controls?

Kitase: "No, we have no plans."

Question: FFXIII uses a properitary engine. Correct me if I'm wrong, that's the last time, it will be used.

Hashimoto: "We haven't made any changes about that."

lherre

Accurate
Bloodwake said:
Lmfao at Square Enix basically saying that the install base was the reason that it's in NA and Europe but not Japan

2:10
question: "Is the reason why the Japanese 360 version is not announced because of the hardware situation or some sort of contract arrangement?"
2:12
Hashimoto: As I have already mentioned, considering that the install base was one of the reasons why decided to release it in the West on the Xbox 360...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom