• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Private Hoffman said:
As a PS3 only owner; why should you care? You're still getting Final Fantasy XIII.

As a 360 only owner, this is great news if you never intend on getting a PS3.

But really, this is being blown way out of proportion. You people are acting as if this announcement will really amount to anything more than what DMC4 and GTA4 amounted to in the console warz...which is to say, a lot of bickering and crying back and forth, but in the end it won't really mean a damn thing other than a larger audience of people getting access to the game.

This. Both the crying SONY fanboys and cheering MS fanboys seem to be unable to grasp this.

Cosmozone

Man, using the Internet is no fun these days. And boo at the news. MS is really greedier than ever, grabbing established stuff from everywhere. If it at least was a different company, I'd sleep a little better.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
SRG01 said:
Ouch. OUCH. Development for the 360 is not concurrent? The 360 deal must be very recent then. I hope there's no delays. :(

edit: May not be released in US/Europe at the same time either? This reminds me of FFXII.

Wow, so we can't expect the PS3 version in the US or Europe while they develop the 360 version...that blows.

Don

That sucks that us in Europe will probably have a long wait before it releases here. I guess one positive about the PS3 is that I could just import the US version, although I still like having all my games be PAL version.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
Littleberu said:
What I gather is that the game is developped on PC, and then it will be ported to BOTH console.
It's still going to be completed on PS3 first, it sounds like. Doesn't mean it will be a PS3 port for the reason you've established, but it should at least mean that the PS3 version will be solid. My main concern was that the PS3 version would get the boot and end up with all sorts of technical flaws while the 360 version would end up as the superior version (again).

dmshaposv

mentalfloss said:
holy f***

medieval times comic of PS3's transformation into N64 in 3, 2, 1..

Vidcons, Penny Arcade are gonna have a field day on this news. :lol

Still dissapointed a bit, since I bought my PS3 for MGS4 and FF13. Oh well, Sony better have something really good tommorow. Plz floor us with God of War III.

Bloodwake

2:07
Hashimoto says something like "I think you are right [in assuming that it's not coming out in Japan]"

Meaning that the 360 is still a fucking failure in Japan, lawls.

dark10x said:
I wouldn't expect much, to be honest. Sony is terrible with "counter attacks" these days.

They'll probably just show f*cking Home, Little Big Planet, Killzone, and other stuff we've all been seeing for years.

"f*cking Home" would probably pique my interest more than just "normal Home".

SRG01

Kweh said:
So do you think they'll translate the PS3 version and release that, or wait until the 360 version is ready and release them both at the same time?

As it was made apparent by the liveblog right now, there is a distinct possibility that FFXIII will be released in Japan first (ample precident for this). On the other hand, judging from the MS conference and his comment, PS360 version for US/EU will be simutaneous.

edit: @ recent comments. So this confirms that no moneyhats were made and it was truly a hardware decision like they said. Good move, S-E.

Banned
ChackanKun said:
Great...now they'll have to downgrade the graphics, cut it to multiple dvds, all that will prolly delay it's launch. Great SE, now i don't know what a real next-gen FF looks like :|

Downgrade graphics? Why would they have to do that? 99% of Multi-platform games look and play better on the 360.

HolyStar

Banned
Wow, the PS3 owners are just selfish and don't want anyone to experience FFXIII. I have to say though, it will have to be better than FFXII, which was lame, as well as FF X-2.

hulot

Private Hoffman said:
Perhaps I'm alone here, but I don't really think this is very big news in the large scheme of things. It means that, like GTA4 and DMC4, a title that was once Sony exclusive is now coming out on the Xbox 360. But how much did GTA4 help push 360 hardware? Not much at all. In fact, the Playstation 3 outsold the Xbox 360 during GTA4 month in America.

Will this turn the tides for the 360 in Japan? Again, it's doubtful. There's a number of large Sony 1st party titles that Japanese gamers are also waiting on such as GT5 and White Knight story. I simply don't see Japanese gamers adopting the Xbox 360 even with this new announcement.

As for American gamers, were you honestly just going to purchase the Playstation 3 simply for Final Fantasy XIII? There's probably something wrong with you if your system purchase hinges on one title. So far as I know, Sony's first party efforts are still coming out on the Playstation 3 and can only be found on the Playstation 3.

This would be a genuine megaton (in the market sense) if it were an Xbox 360 exclusive. As it stands right now, it's just an announcement that fanboys can crow about. It's really being overblown a bit.

Nice damage control. This is big, no matter how you spin it.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Dirtbag 504 said:
So only on 360 can you get Square Enix and Mistwalker!

Unless tomorrow we see a Blue Dragon 2 Exclusive for PS3. ;) JK JK.

Neil

Don said:
That sucks that us in Europe will probably have a long wait before it releases here. I guess one positive about the PS3 is that I could just import the US version, although I still like having all my games be PAL version.

Exactly. Import. That's what I will do.
And then I will probably be really pathetic and buy a PAL 360 copy.

Diablos said:
Seems like FF13 will be released for PS3 first, then DEVELOPED for 360. Note the word DEVELOPMENT.

It is very possible that the game will still look superior on PS3 (optimizations, more disc space for textures, etc.) since it will enter a completely new development phase for 360.

Yeah, that's what it sounds like from that....but here's a pic from the trailer
578.jpg

"available on Xbox 360 at launch in north america and europe"

Redd

Ahhhhhh, well at least I got MGS4. All I got now when all my friends have 360 and I'm the only guy with a PS3. Planned on getting a 360 too sometime in the future anyway. At least I can still play it on my PS3 if I still don't have one when FF XIII drops. Square gets no hate from me.........just wish it was announced last year so I could have grabbed a 360 first.

Karma said:
Downgrade graphics? Why would they have to do that? 99% of Multi-platform games look and play better on the 360.

How many 360 games have been completely developed on PS3 first and then ported to 360?

Saw this on another site while this one was getting choked, and just plain wow. As a Final Fantasy fan who is also happy with the 360 this...simplifies things.

anaron

HolyStar said:
Wow, the PS3 owners are just selfish and don't want anyone to experience FFXIII. I have to say though, it will have to be better than FFXII, which was lame, as well as FF X-2.
:lol

zeloe326

Wow, this is just wow. Words can't explain this. Its a serious blow, and all of us Sony fans have know choice but to admit it. With that said, I still don't think this will hurt Sony in any major way. I mean, its still coming to the PS3, right? Anyways, where I am from, I am the one out of a hunderd or more people, that plays and enjoys FF games. Literally everyone I know can't stand turn base jrpgs. Thus, making me believe that it will not damage Sony amongst the hardcore, but it will soften them amongst those that love these types of games. Therefore, I am not worry at all. Great, Microsoft got one. Thats just the way it goes. Now lets keep it moving and continue the blows.

ElFly

DangerStepp said:
Now I'll lie in wait for the next major GAF meltdown: NPD for the month that FFXIII drops.

That would be hilarious, but "sadly" it will probably be a holiday title, so the lack of any effect on hardware sales will not be noticed like with GTA4.

Joe211

fortified_concept said:
Where did you read that?
I ask: How many discs will it ship on?
2:01
Kitase says: "That's still undecided."
2:01
I ask: "About how many?"

2:02
He laughs and won't answer.

2:02
first they will finish ffxiii in japan. and then they will start localization for english.
2:03
at that point, they will start the xbox 360 development.

No way they can complete the 360 development before the localization for english is finalized.

NeoUltima

"2:02
first they will finish ffxiii in japan. and then they will start localization for english.
at that point, they will start the xbox 360 development. "

Since it is, supposedly, a simultaneous ps3/360 release in US/EU...I hope the 360 version doesn't cause even more of a delay than the localization will already.

ChackanKun said:
Great...now they'll have to downgrade the graphics, cut it to multiple dvds, all that will prolly delay it's launch. Great SE, now i don't know what a real next-gen FF looks like :|
Some people take this shit way too seriously.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I'm more surprised by the trailer having more footage than usual than by XIII going to 360, to be sincere. It was only a matter of time. :lol

SamuraiX-

:lol :lol :lol @ all the 360 fanboys in this thread saying "omg, no moar reason to buy a pstriple w00t!"

God of War III? Kingdom Hearts III?

What's sad is that those two games will probably be released even before FFXIII. :lol

Square is so fucking slow at everything.

Superior PS3 version cofirmed? Actually can't tell because of already multi-platform engine. We have to wait to find out that.

You never know, Sony might have let go exclusivity of ff13 and paid for something new. Like Rockstar deal.

BeEatNU

WORLDSTAAAAAAR
Private Hoffman said:
As a PS3 only owner; why should you care? You're still getting Final Fantasy XIII.

As a 360 only owner, this is great news if you never intend on getting a PS3.

But really, this is being blown way out of proportion. You people are acting as if this announcement will really amount to anything more than what DMC4 and GTA4 amounted to in the console warz...which is to say, a lot of bickering and crying back and forth, but in the end it won't really mean a damn thing other than a larger audience of people getting access to the game.

mainly becuz PS3 lost another exclusive which was bound to get people to buy a ps3 for. Less hardware support means less developers wanting to support hardware with such a small fanbase.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
NeoUltima said:
"2:02
at that point, they will start the xbox 360 development. "

Since it is, supposedly, a simultaneous ps3/360 release in US/EU...I hope the 360 version doesn't cause even more of a delay than the localization will already.
That would suck, though I'll probably just buy the Japanese version anyways, so it doesn't matter.

Mmmkay

dark10x said:
I wouldn't expect much, to be honest. Sony is terrible with "counter attacks" these days.
It's also worth remembering that before this gen started, Sony had everybody's toys in their pram. Slowly, one by one they have been removed by their competitors. It's not like there's much for them to take that wasn't [figuratively] theirs in the first place. Their only options are to re-engineer or create new toys.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I think they should just announce MGS4: Superior for 360 and put the PS3 to bed right now.

MirageDwarf said:
Superior PS3 version cofirmed? Actually can't tell because of already multi-platform engine. We have to wait to find out that.

You never know, Sony might have let go exclusivity of ff13 and paid for something new. Like Rockstar deal.

GTA 5 exclusive to PS3....releases spring 2010. Would this top it?

DangerStepp

SamuraiX- said:
:lol :lol :lol @ all the 360 fanboys in this thread saying "omg, no moar reason to buy a pstriple w00t!"

God of War III? Kingdom Hearts III?

What's sad is that those two games will probably be released even before FFXIII. :lol

Square is so fucking slow at everything.
Honestly, what would make you think that KHIII won't be multiplat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom