• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
I'm calling it now. At E3 2011: FFvXIII will be released simultaneously on the 360 and PS3 in North America.

fin

kazinova said:
I think we all learned in MGS4 that it doesn't matter if you have Blu-Ray. You either install for several minutes a disc. Or you stand up off your fat ass and put the next disc in.

qft

joey_z

Banned
nib95 said:
That's got to be one of the biggest blows Microsoft could have possibly dealt to Sony.

In one sense I'm annoyed. Does that mean it won't be taking full advantage of PS3 hardware any more? Or will the 360 version be a port? Dialled back or on multiple disks?

You couldn't be more subtle *rolls eyes*.

The only thing i regret is that this announcement wasn't made in the old e3 format. Just imagine the crowd. The crowd. Fuck

Guy Legend

Amir0x said:
It's over, period. Sony lost their last ace, and that's the end of their PS3 hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for PS3. Sony has nothing left, nothing they can reveal tomorrow would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to substantively invest in a PS3. Except if they want to play MGS4. Which will also come to 360 at some point.

The age of Sony is done.

Right....:lol

Threi

notag
Sage00 said:
That's a different quote.

Question: FFXIII uses a properitary engine. Correct me if I'm wrong, that's the last time, it will be used.
Hashimoto: "We haven't made any changes about that."
2:16
gah

maybe ;)

if you look at the whole picture, it almost looks like story's rewinding itself.

Nintendo loses FF, Sony wins console war

Sony loses console war, Sony loses FF

next stop: 1991, although it'd need Nintendo re-owning FF to look like a full circle

McLovin

FFXIII is a good game but common its not over for sony. At least wait till tomorrow to determine if its really over or not :/

golem

kazinova said:
I'm loving the SDF disc apologists.

I think we all learned in MGS4 that it doesn't matter if you have Blu-Ray. You either install for several minutes a disc. Or you stand up off your fat ass and put the next disc in.

Thanks for the :lol GAF.

Official tag for people crying in this thread: "Pwned by the Sqeenix!"
the best part is that microsoft announced full HD installs today

msdstc

Incredibly Naive
Amir0x said:
It's over, period. Sony lost their last ace, and that's the end of their PS3 hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for PS3. Sony has nothing left, nothing they can reveal tomorrow would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to substantively invest in a PS3. Except if they want to play MGS4. Which will also come to 360 at some point.

The age of Sony is done.

are you dead serious? I still can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not? Did GTA4 hurt the ps3 that? And even still did the game move ANY consoles? Plus it's still an exclusive in JP where it really counts. Sorry man like said earlier you're better than this.

KTallguy

Banned
Amir0x said:

The age of Sony is done.

Wow. Harsh.

The only way they may be able to sway people without one is FF7 remake... and that's still up in the air.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Amir0x said:

The age of Sony is done.

I'm sorry, but did I miss the announcement that they canceled FF13 and FF13 Versus for the PS3?

Plus, they already stated as much that the PS3 version will be a timed exclusive because they won't even begin DEVELOPMENT on the 360 version until the PS3 Japanese version is done.

That's why it's hyperbole.

And I'm not going to go down to listing great PS3 exclusives, but there are plenty of them out there.

DangerStepp

Amir0x said:

The age of Sony is done.

Anyone would be foolish to argue that point.

Also, is it true that MGS4 on 360 is a bannable offense? Someone once told me that in my junior days. I thought I was being tooled with.

SRG01

g35twinturbo said:
Still I agree with you, BUT its bad for a product that some of us support lose exclusives AND vice versa.

We see devs cancel PS3 games due to "how hard/expensive" it is to develop a game for. We just have to wait till tomorrow and see what Sony has up it sleeves. They need to come out with the haymakers.

But that's the problem: there aren't may haymakers that Sony can make at this point since there aren't many 360-exclusives that can feasibly come Sony's way.

The only way Sony can get out of this is if they blow everyone away with their software tomorrow. God of War 3 is a possibility, but everyone knows that this is coming.

Erebus

BobsRevenge said:
Saying it is entirely Sony's fault is entirely false. In the end Sqeenix made the decision. Sony didn't tell Sqeenix to make it for the 360 too.

But Sony could cut a deal with them and prevent it from happening, right? Guess what? They didn't do it as they have completely dropped the ball with the third-party exclusives. We saw it happening with GTA and now we see it happening with FF too.

Sony is the only one to blame for this. What did they expect? SquareEnix cares first and foremost about money like every single game publisher in the world!

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
fortified_concept said:
Sony used to have excellent relations with SE. They could have shown more interest and more moneyhats. It's Sony's fault they can't keep a fucking exclusive not SE's. And I hope you don't believe the bullshit about the decision being made based on userbases. MS has obviously moneyhatted them.
That's like placing the blame on a woman when she gets raped (not equating the two in magnitude, it's just a familiar concept). SE made the decision. Sony didn't. To say it's entirely sony's fault is just plain false no matter what way you look at it. SE pulled the trigger on this.

Philthy

Amir0x said:

The age of Sony is done.

I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly silenced. I fear something terrible has happened.

Crisis

Banned
Amir0x said:

The age of Sony is done.

Mods are allowed to troll now?

Mau ®

When I saw the news on IGN I actually gasped. Sony really fucked up for not snatching this up. Unbelievable!

Its good that as many people as possible can enjoy the series now and that SE is embracing multiplataform though. This could actually be the biggest selling FF and thats a good thing since they were on a downward trend.

I just hope 360 development does not affect the game. I dont think it will, since it´ll probably span several disks like PS1 FF´s.

The age of Sony is done.

Its lost its biggest exclusive yes but thats not to say it doesnt have its own great games coming up. The upcoming first party lineup is still amazing, with or without FFXIII.

Amir0x said:

The age of Sony is done.

Whatabout other JRPGs? Nobody in Japan has a 360.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i'm not going to say 'don't overreact,' because you're the internet and this is what you do -- but how many people believed yesterday that ff13 was going to put ps3 over the top outside japan? what has actually changed?

multiplatform gives ff13 a better chance of making money -- which is great for everyone who likes actual games. but i don't see its decisive impact on TEH CONSOLE WARS.

Amir0x said:

The age of Sony is done.

That's been a given since the Wii came out. But with respect to the more...high end (note: I'm trying to think of a way to describe the 360 and PS3 as different than the Wii, without seeming to insult that console which is "high tech" in a different way) console war yes, I think the 360's place is pretty secure now. There are plenty of reasons to own a PS3 such as blu ray, Resistance 2, and MGS4 but it seems like the 360 just completed a coup. FF, GTA, VF, DMC...

Evlar

Banned
Amir0x said:

The age of Sony is done.
Blu-Ray?

ElFly

dreamer3kx said:
FF7 remake would redeem Sony, would it??

Haha, hell no.

Catchpenny said:
Countdown until the usual suspects start hyping Versus as the better Final Fantasy experience...

Just setting themselves for more disappointment when it is announced as multiplat later

pulga

Banned
SamuraiX- said:
:lol :lol :lol @ all the 360 fanboys in this thread saying "omg, no moar reason to buy a pstriple w00t!"

God of War III? Kingdom Hearts III?

What's sad is that those two games will probably be released even before FFXIII. :lol

Square is so fucking slow at everything.

But Kingdom Hearts III is a Wii title. You're not making sense, man!

Bulla564

Banned
Amir0x said:

The age of Sony is done.

LOL the life or death of a console hinges upon securing THAT one JRPG as exclusive. I don't know what is funnier... Sony fans saying that they will sell their console now, or the gamefaqs-level dumb theories about Sony's death from xbox fans.

reilo said:
I'm sorry, but did I miss the announcement that they canceled FF13 and FF13 Versus for the PS3?

Plus, they already stated as much that the PS3 version will be a timed exclusive because they won't even begin DEVELOPMENT on the 360 version until the PS3 Japanese version is done.

yes, but are you seriously thinking any 360 owner will buy a PS3 now? Not happening

FFXIII will be bought by those who already own a PS3, and that will be it

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
dreamer3kx said:
FF7 remake would redeem Sony, would it??

watch it tomorrow getting announced for Wii :lol

PR: "FFVII is finally getting released for it's rightful platform, this is for what we did 11 years ago... now cry sony fanboys, DAMN IT CRYYYYY"

awesomest PR ever.

:lol

Dragon

Banned
Shaheed79 said:
Did they cancel the PS3 version or something? From the way some of you are reacting I would assume this to be the case.

Wait till tomorrow: Stringer comes up on stage: "Our partnership with SE is over. We are now cancelling the PS3 and instead are working with Nintendo so they'll receive most of our first party support. LBP on WiiSlim (with updated cell processor), that will have 1:1 motion controls so that you can jack off a Sackboy if you wanted to."

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Amir0x said:

The age of Sony is done.
What? I thought you were cool bro.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom