• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinan

Whoever doing third-party relations at Sony better do a hara-kiri now. It was only exclusive that mattered. Money-hats or not.

Awntawn

Amir0x said:
It's over, period. Sony lost their last ace, and that's the end of their PS3 hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for PS3. Sony has nothing left, nothing they can reveal tomorrow would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to substantively invest in a PS3. Except if they want to play MGS4. Which will also come to 360 at some point.

The age of Sony is done.
I'm pretty sure there's at least one person out there who's a fan of Sony's first party ;o

Tamanon

Banned
psycho_snake said:
Do you think Sony wouldve known about this from Square before the press conference?

Yes, they've probably known about this for months and adjusted financial figures for it. Square doesn't do companies dirty like that.

KZObsessed

Just came online a few minutes ago and saw this. So here's another meltdown for you guys to enjoy :lol

FFXIII is still on PS3 so PS3 owners still get to play it day 1, but this is as big a "megaton" announcement as there could be. Sony have just been devastated. This was their second biggest exclusive and the fact they didn't bother to secure it long ago is a huge mistake, one that they will regret. With FFXIII on 360, no other Japanese company is going to hesitate to port their games. MGS4 will follow next year as well. The system is effectively done. Sony are completely finished this generation and they have no one but to blame but themselves.

Sony are fucked and they deserve it.

*looks at my screen name*

*burns with hate*

Bloodwake

Honestly, I don't see what the big deal is. It's not like Final Fantasy still has the selling power of, say, Madden or GTA.

just kidding.

McLovin said:
FFXIII is a good game but common its not over for sony. At least wait till tomorrow to determine if its really over or not :/
I guess after this news, for a lot of people, the only reason to own a PS3 over the 360 now is to have a system that actually works.

J/K...kinda... ... ... You know what, nah, that's real.

Amir0x

Banned
reilo said:
I'm sorry, but did I miss the announcement that they canceled FF13 and FF13 Versus for the PS3?

Plus, they already stated as much that the PS3 version will be a timed exclusive because they won't even begin DEVELOPMENT on the 360 version until the PS3 Japanese version is done.

That's why it's hyperbole.

And I'm not going to go down to listing great PS3 exclusives, but there are plenty of them out there.

Hey whatever you think!

Microsoft took the last reason away that anyone would NEED to own a PS3 over a 360 (except BLU-RAY LOL GAMING), and the cavalcade of tiny titles that will be nice but won't stir up any sales is not going to salvage the bloated, overdesigned behemoth that was PS3.

There may be some hardcore gamer's that stick around. Some did it for Gamecube. But the last bell tolled. Maybe next decade.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
BobsRevenge said:
That's like placing the blame on a woman when she gets raped (not equating the two in magnitude, it's just a familiar concept). SE made the decision. Sony didn't. To say it's entirely sony's fault is just plain false no matter what way you look at it. SE pulled the trigger on this.
But the point is that Sony couldve done more to keep FFXIII exclusive.

knitoe

Bought PS3 for FXIII. Now, if the game is similar wise, I'll have to get the X360 because always hate PS family style controller.

Ponn

Banned
drohne said:
i'm not going to say 'don't overreact,' because you're the internet and this is what you do -- but how many people believed yesterday that ff13 was going to put ps3 over the top outside japan? what has actually changed?

multiplatform gives ff13 a better chance of making money -- which is great for everyone who likes actual games. but i don't see its decisive impact on TEH CONSOLE WARS.

Do you then think it helps their abilities to garner more support from publishers? Let's be realistic here, it is good for people that only own a 360 and for gamers overall, but it certainly doesn't help Sony's position in any way, shape or form.

MacBosse

*crickets*

- Guitar Hero Metallica!

*crickets*

- Duffy!

*crickets*

- Well that was that folks, thanks for your ti .... *tap on shoulders*

nuclear.jpg

inthezone said:
When I saw the news on IGN I actually gasped. Sony really fucked up for not snatching this up. Unbelievable!

Its good that as many people as possible can enjoy the series now and that SE is embracing multiplataform though. This could actually be the biggest selling FF and thats a good thing since they were on a downward trend.

I just hope 360 development does not affect the game. I dont think it will, since it´ll probably span several disks like PS1 FF´s.
It's being made on PC and then ported to the consoles... I don't think 360 fans have to worry all that much...

Weisheit

Amir0x said:
It's over, period. Sony lost their last ace, and that's the end of their PS3 hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for PS3. Sony has nothing left, nothing they can reveal tomorrow would fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to substantively invest in a PS3. Except if they want to play MGS4. Which will also come to 360 at some point.

The age of Sony is done.
:lol :lol I heart you.

el Diablo

Banned
Amir0x said:

The age of Sony is done.

Right? Totally agree that there's nothing they could announce tomorrow that will make me not regret buying a PS3 at launch. OK well they could announce Persona 5 exclusively for the PS3 and i'll feel better but that's it.

just curious how well historically has the final fantasy series sold in north america compared to japan?

is Final Fantasy XIII a 1 million seller day one for ps3 in the states? or is the game bigger than metal gear in the usa.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Anasui Kishibe said:
yes, but are you seriously thinking any 360 owner will buy a PS3 now? Not happening

:lol

Good god people.. i know ppl who bought a PS3 for anything BUT FF13 and they already own an xbox.

this is really getting out of hand.

rager

Banned
This is really sad for Sony but I do understand. With the economy the way it is, these companies need to make a profit, with next gen demands, its going to take alot more money to make a game that blows our socks off. If the PS3 was $299 at launch, this would not have happened. I blame Sony to a degree, but I also realize that business, is business.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Amir0x said:
Hey whatever you think!

Microsoft took the last reason away that anyone would NEED to own a PS3 over a 360 (except BLU-RAY LOL GAMING), and the cavalcade of tiny titles that will be nice but won't stir up any sales is not going to salvage the bloated, overdesigned behemoth that was PS3.

There may be some hardcore gamer's that stick around. Some did it for Gamecube. But the last bell tolled. Maybe next decade.

You couldn't be more wrong.

Nolan.

I seriously can't believe this it's unpossible, seriously if thats the case 360 really is rpg platform this gen and thats it. I don't think it would spell game over for sony. Though things will be starting to demolish for them what the heck sony! what the heck!.

FFXIII was never going to make a huge difference anyway. Maybe if it didn't come out 3 years after the ps3 and 4 years after the gen started(guessing of course, because there's still no release date now). Sony had already lost their RPG exclusive support long before today.

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I'm sorry, but with all these people saying Sony is dead this thread has officially gone way over the top.

Amir0x

Banned
reilo said:
You couldn't be more wrong.

I was already right BEFORE this announcement based on all reliable sales trends. I will now be even MORE right now! :lol\

Anyone enjoy the party, this is why I wanted to stay away from GAF for E3 :D

pulga

Banned
Jinfash said:
watch it tomorrow getting announced for Wii :lol

PR: "FFVII is finally getting released for it's rightful platform, this is for what we did 11 years ago... now cry sony fanboys, DAMN IT CRYYYYY"

awesomest PR ever.

omfg i would cry tears of laughter :lol :lol :lol :lol

2real4tv

Good move on Microsoft part definitely a Megaton. I don't think were going to hear any good news from SONY...maybe some more
community games isnt that their focus?

Jinfash

needs 2 extra inches
MacBosse said:

*crickets*

- Guitar Hero Metallica!

*crickets*

- Duffy!

*crickets*

- Well that was that folks, thanks for your ti .... *tap on shoulders*

nuclear.jpg

greatest reenactment ever :lol

Diablos

I think this news makes the writing on the wall as clear as ever. Sony just isn't as viable in North America as they used to be. If Solid Snake couldn't sell more consoles here, no one will. :\

This makes Sony's ability to catch up to MS even less likely, since it is one less exclusive. S-E basically admits it themselves in this live blog. FF13 being a PS3 exclusive would probably hurt sales, so I can understand why they are doing this. It shouldn't suffer just because PS3 isn't selling as much.

It is, again, interesting to note that it will be developed for PS3, released in Japan, then development starts AGAIN for 360. This tells me that it is a port. I expect the PS3 version to be technically superior.

psycho_snake

I went to WAGs boutique and all I got was a sniff
Amir0x said:
Hey whatever you think!

Thats true in my case. I bought a PS3 because of MGS4 and FFXIII. I've finished playing MGS4 and now that Xbox360 is going to have FFXIII, I dont see a reason to keep my PS3.

Thats just me though. I'm sure there are people who will choose a PS3 over the Xbox360, but Xbox360 has the better gaming library imo.

Bloodwake

BobsRevenge said:
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

I'm sorry, but with all these people saying Sony is dead this thread has officially gone way over the top.

Yeah, pretty much.

It's one fucking game, and I can think of several exclusives that would put Microsoft in their place that could be announced tomorrow.

Plus, the fact that RPGs on the 360 don't do that well in the fucking first place. That includes Mass Effect, Blue Dragon, Lost Odyssey, etc.

Yaweee

rager said:
This is really sad for Sony but I do understand. With the economy the way it is, these companies need to make a profit, with next gen demands, its going to take alot more money to make a game that blows our socks off.

This really has nothing to do with the current slight economic woes. Whatever problems the world economy is having right now, it isn't having much of an impact on the gaming industry.

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
Amir0x said:
I was already right BEFORE this announcement based on all reliable sales trends. I will not be even MORE right now! :lol

Which trends would that be? The one's where Sony is actually selling more consoles this year than Microsoft is?

There is a reason FFXIII won't be coming to the 360 in Japan.

Ajax

Banned
Amir0x said:

The age of Sony is done.

Aren't mods supposed to give the good example and not go on fanboy drivels? This is the worst fucking post in the thread. Neogaf needs better mods.

Concept17

So...

Sony has FFXIII exclusivity, is still breathing.
Sony loses exclusivity, but still HAS the game, likely to come out before it does on 360, and has Versus, now its dead?

Seriously people?

soldat7

Amir0x said:

The age of Sony is done.

Boy. I don't know about totally writing off Sony just yet but you have to admit that MS has really gained the upper hand here.

LBP and Home better deliver, for Sony's sake.

Sage00

Once And Future Member
TheBranca18 said:
Wait till tomorrow: Stringer comes up on stage: "Our partnership with SE is over. We are now cancelling the PS3 and instead are working with Nintendo so they'll receive most of our first party support. LBP on WiiSlim (with updated cell processor), that will have 1:1 motion controls so that you can jack off a Sackboy if you wanted to."

haunts said:

Good god people.. i know ppl who bought a PS3 for anything BUT FF13 and they already own an xbox.

this is really getting out of hand.

well I'm specifically talking about those who haven't yet. If they ignored the console until now, I see a very few reasons left to step into a shop and buy one

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom