• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

totowhoa

Banned
Amir0x said:
Microsoft took the last reason away that anyone would NEED to own a PS3 over a 360 (except BLU-RAY LOL GAMING), and the cavalcade of tiny titles that will be nice but won't stir up any sales is not going to salvage the bloated, overdesigned behemoth that was PS3.

As one who does not own an HD yet, MS just won my money, hands down. I'm hoping MGS4 goes to 360, but that's the only PS3 system selling exclusive for me, and it just isn't worth 500 bucks.

The only thing that Sony/SE could do to change my mind would be to announce the FF7 remake before I have the money to invest in the 360, which shouldn't be too hard given the price drop.

I don't think sony is done for or anything. I'm sure this will cause a lot of people who haven't invested in an HD yet to choose the 360.

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Lolz remember when I asked "or have they?" when someone said Sony secured FF13? Yeah well whoever doubted can go eat some fucking crow. :lol

Sharp

hauton said:
How do you guys think the sales will break down? Obviously this is more of a morale blow than anything, but I think software will be really interesting. Will there be a DMC4 repeat?

My guess:

PS3
2.5M Japan
1.4M North America
0.8M Europe

0.6M North America
0.3M Europe
I think you're underestimating European sales considerably, and overestimating Japanese sales by at least a little.

cilonen

If Amir0x is the same ex-MS insider Amir who used to work on the MS HD-DVD team, then this reaction has been bottled up since CES in January when HD-DVD died.

Still there's truth there, Sony is fairly fucked. This is just another symptom of their hubris going into this gen, making a mega expensive console, not getting the sales and therefore not getting the dev support and getting into a big vicious circle of lost exclusives and mediocre sales.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Anasui Kishibe said:
well I'm specifically talking about those who haven't yet. If they ignored the console until now, I see a very few reasons left to step into a shop and buy one

I still think that is a little over the top. I'm sure there are a number of people that will just hold onto the 360, and yes this is a huge announcement, you're right. The PS3 has a lot of great titles for it, currently out and upcoming though. I think its not really FFXIII ppl are waiting on to get a PS3, its a price drop at this point. Same reason I'm waiting for a 360.

El-Suave

hauton said:
How do you guys think the sales will break down? Obviously this is more of a morale blow than anything, but I think software will be really interesting. Will there be a DMC4 repeat?

My guess:

PS3
2.5M Japan
1.4M North America
0.8M Europe

0.6M North America
0.3M Europe

I think MS will spend money on a GTA IV level to make FF XIII "their" game in sales. It'll be harder to accomplish than with GTA, but they'll try and spend big $$$ on advertising.

TONX

Distinguished Air Superiority
PolyGone said:
Thank you, S-E. I now know which of the HD systems gets my money. There is no doubt in my mind that Konami will port MGS4 so there is really no question which system to get.

If you actually played MGS4, you'd know it wouldn't be a simple 'port'. please STFU about MGS on 360 already. Jesus.

near

Gold Member
Anyone who is crying, just get over it. Anyone who claims the PS3 just died, STFU. One game does not make a system. I'm glad that more people are now able to play this game, and i think thats the most important thing here. Gaming is not what it use to be. :lol

`Moe Joe.

Banned
Sony aren't dead, but they have taken some serious hay-makers. All this time, we have been waiting for Home, only for Microsoft to come and release some Avatar system which some believe will rival it.

Final Fantasy 13 becoming multiplatform, along with IU being exclusive for the 360 as WELL as Star Ocean 4.

Sony surely have some tricks up their sleeve though. They would have to. 3 days ago, if I said that FFXIII would become multi-platform, people would look at me like I was a fucking idiot. So we shall wait and see.

(P.S I do not own a PS3. So I am not being a fanboy. I own a 360 and a Wii.)

le.phat

Amir0x said:
Hey whatever you think!

Microsoft took the last reason away that anyone would NEED to own a PS3 over a 360 (except BLU-RAY LOL GAMING), and the cavalcade of tiny titles that will be nice but won't stir up any sales is not going to salvage the bloated, overdesigned behemoth that was PS3.

There may be some hardcore gamer's that stick around. Some did it for Gamecube. But the last bell tolled. Maybe next decade.

please try to cover up your excitement and jacket, you have a rolemodel position in this community and the drivel clogging up the boards is already borderline offensive.

nib95

Banned
Question is, how long after the PS3 versions will the 360 version be coming out?

---

From Kotaku (Liveblog of the Square Enix press conference):

2:01
I ask: How many discs will it ship on?
Kitase says: "That's still undecided."
I ask: "About how many?"

2:02
He laughs and won't answer.

first they will finish ffxiii in japan. and then they will start localization for english.
2:03
at that point, they will start the xbox 360 development.

so says hashimoto.
2:04
he also adds that ff13 might not be released in the us and europe at the same time because of the language.
2:04
languages, rather.
2:05
kitase says they will try to make the us and the europe release as close as possible and try to make the euro release much faster.
2:05
shane from 1up ask about ff13 coming to japan on the xbox 360........
2:07
Hashimoto says something like "I think you are right [in assuming that it's not coming out in Japan]"
2:08
asked about the differences between the 360 and the ps3 differences (again)
2:09
Hashimoto pointed out that they have no plans to make the versions differences.

lherre

Accurate
first they will finish ffxiii in japan. and then they will start localization for english.
at that point, they will start the xbox 360 development.

2011 in Europe and USA confirmed !!

BobsRevenge

I do not avoid women, GAF, but I do deny them my essence.
Seriously, anyone who thinks MGS4 is going to come out on the 360 is mistaken and obviously hasn't played through the game.

Dyno

While this certainly seems like an arrow in the arm (not chest) for Sony it's a bit saddening to see that a FF multi-console game fills thread pages like nothing else.

Will we ever let this console thing die?

Brandson

I prefer PS3 for lots of reasons, but I still think this is a good thing. More people who want to play FFXIII will be able to play it now. When we're talking about videogames, how can that be a bad thing? I hope SE takes a similar view on their 360 exclusives and releases them for PS3 too.

karasu

A few weeks ago half of you mocked and ridiculed FFXIII to no end. Remember all of those LOL posts about summons turning into motorcycles and how the series wasn't selling as well as it used to. The whole 'Wait until FFXIII' line was seen as little more than the blind hope of desperate fan boys. Now it's supposed to be the sole decider of who 'wins' the 'console war'? A multi-platform game? Please. The loss of exclusivity is shocking, but you're kidding yourselves if you think this will sink any proverbial battleships.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
hauton said:

My guess:

PS3
2.5M Japan
1.4M North America
0.8M Europe

0.6M North America
0.3M Europe

2,5 M in japan on ps3 ? never...i think the ps3 userbase isn`t even at 3m ...lol

Johann

It's way too early for doom predictions but this is going to leave a huge precedent for future third-party Japanese games. You have one of the titans of the Japanese developers also cross-developing a flagship PS3 title for the 360.

Unless Sony is paying for the exclusive/development of a game, no Japanese is going to rule out a 360 version.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
nib95 said:
Question is, how long after the PS3 versions will the 360 version be coming out?

I guess you missed the screen at the end of the trailer where it said 'launch release europe/america'

reilo

learning some important life lessons from magical Negroes
omg rite said:
Do you realize how incredibly RIGHT he is?

You do realize they won't even start DEVELOPING the 360 version until the PS3 one is done?

jonnyp

TONX said:
Really? Team ICO, Sony Santa Monica, Insomniac, and a slew of other Sony exclusive companies disagree with you. Seriously, you mod a gaming forum yet you dis games that aren't on your system of choice. How old are you?

1 game (yes even Final Fantasy) going multiplat does not end a console.

I agree. This whole thread is overreaction total :lol

Quite funny though. :)

Concept17

Its amazing how many people on GAF gloat about how they're not fanboys... and then a megaton comes along, and endless amounts of fanboyism ensue.

I don't even care if big titles become mltiplatform, even MGS4. The worst part is the retarded backlash on forums that you'd have to deal with. If anything I decided to sell my 360. From what I gathered at today's Press conference, all the good games they've shown are multiplatform. And a lot of the exclusive stuff are laughable. I'll wait for tomorrow's press conference where I can see if there are any exclusive games announced or shown that actually impresses me.

dermannmitdemcolt said:
Well, it's Amirox, what did you expect? Worst mod ever.

I have delt/laughed/ignored his "wild" opinions before, but to smear the shit across the wall with the rest of them was something i didnt expect. Seriously man.

I'm not sure why you're all getting indignant over what Amir0x said. It rings true for many individuals including myself. There is absolutely no reason for me to hold onto my PS3 right now. WKC and Blu-rays aren't exactly a compelling combo for me as a gamer that almost exclusively plays RPGs.

Jokeropia

hauton said:

My guess:

PS3
2.5M Japan
1.4M North America
0.8M Europe

0.6M North America
0.3M Europe
Do you really think FFXIII will sell more than all FFs on PS2? Really? Hell, the PS3 itself has some ways to go before it reaches 2.5 million.

Secondly, virtually no multiplatform games perform better on the PS3 than the 360 in North America.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
BobsRevenge said:
Seriously, anyone who thinks MGS4 is going to come out on the 360 is mistaken and obviously hasn't played through the game.

TBH, I wouldn't be surprised if it came out as a port to 360 like a year down the line. (total) Exclusives from 3rd parties are pretty much a thing of the past at this point.

Whats really horrible about all this is that the Wii doesnt have anything close to like FFXIII and is absolutely murdering MS and Sony.. :lol

Sol.. said:
lol

"Not only will you still be able to play Final Fantasy 13 on the PS3 but look at that, is that a dimebag hidden underneth the disc? Fuck yeah it is. That weed was grown in our columbian grow houses that are powered by cell."

:lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom