• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Zzoram said:
Not only has the Xbox 360 had more RPGs and JRPGs than the PS3 this entire generation, but it will maintain that lead, in addition to getting top tier JRPGs as well.

The question now is, will JRPG fans see past the stereotype of the PS brand as an JRPG console and give Xbox 360 a try?
Most of the smart JRPG fans already moved on to greener pastures and bought a DS.

Mama Robotnik said:
cv0045.jpg

360?! How did you?! :lol :lol :lol

h3ro

Odrion said:

NOT COOL.

Do these "artists" even know that Shiva in Final Fantasy isn't the Hindu God Shiva? I'm sure all you guys will mock my post but just because a religion isn't "mainstream" doesn't mean its rife for parody. Ugh.

speedpop

Sir Alemeth said:
Anyway, I think the better question is if Kojima is now thinking to port MGS4 to 360 now... lol
He probably has zero say in what happens. It would be the board of directors pressured by the shareholders who have that decision.

Pojo

Banned
Shit. Just. Got. Real.

As a PS3 owner and a Final fantasy fan, I'm torn. On one hand, Sony loses a key exclusive. On the other hand, everyone gets to play Final Fantasy.

I swear, if you don't give the PS3 some Star Ocean love, I will kill you.

DonDepre said:
Sorry, if you really want to discuss this, open a new topic in offtopic, and send me a PM.

About FF XIII, the main problem is not the multiplatform, is that I've never seen a FF so late in a console generation.
No thanks.

I'm very excited that FFXIII is coming to 360, and I don't understand why PS3 owners even care. If Gears 2 went to PS3, I wouldn't care less, as long as it also came to 360, as I don't own a PS3.

Cheerilee

kevm3 said:
Yeah genius, sort of like how Epic releases multiplatform games such as Unreal Tournament 3... and yet you don't think Microsoft fans will be angry if Gears of War 2 suddenly came out at the same time on the PS3, and was in fact, delayed for that reason?
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3168716
"First, we will complete the game for PS3 in Japan, then begin localization for America and Europe while developing the 360 version simultaneously. The PS3 and 360 versions will be released at the same time outside of Japan ? although, due to language and other conditions, the game may not be released simultaneously across territories."

The Japanese PS3 version isn't getting delayed at all. The Euroland version will of course take forever, but not because of the port. The 360 port is supposed to be worked on by people who aren't the localization team while the localization team takes their usual sweet time with the American version. There is no "fact" that the American version will be delayed by porting a 360-compatible engine to the 360. It might happen, but we can complain about that if and when it does.

Hcoregamer00

The 'H' stands for hentai.
Zzoram said:
Not only has the Xbox 360 had more RPGs and JRPGs than the PS3 this entire generation, but it will maintain that lead, in addition to getting top tier JRPGs as well.

The question now is, will JRPG fans see past the stereotype of the PS brand as an JRPG console and give Xbox 360 a try?

I know I did.

(granted last generation the first console I bought was an XBOX which had ZERO JRPG's)

I will go PS360 once the Jasper comes out.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Revelations said:
Indeed. And was probably crying inside.

Almost none of these guys care about it.. I really doubt Nomura is a PS fanboy who only wants to see his games on the PS3. He wants to sell games. And in order to sell games you have to hit the largest marketshare. Since FF needs the power of the PS3 and 360 the wii wasn't an option at this point, so they did the next best thing..

SSM25

Sony should just quit this generation and start preparing to release the PS4 with a bang before or around the same time as the next xbox.

Vinnk

Oh shit! More people can enjoy FFXIII!! This is the worst news I have ever heard!!

Grow up fanboys. This is good news.

DonDepre

Banned
All that "What Sony have left" is bullshit.

Oh, yeah, Sony has lose the exclusivity of FFXIII (but not of Versus). But Microsoft didn't show any non-announcied exclusivity, except a Singstar clone and a EyeToy clone. No new Project Gotham, no new Halo (Halo Wars, but we alreade knew)...

If we count the exclusives, I think that's the first year when we see more exclusives in the Sony part than in the Microsoft part.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
U K Narayan said:
I'm still going to get the Playstation 3 version, though. I imagine that will be the best version.

Achievements will automatically make the 360 version better, sans some exclusive PS3 DLC.

Link Man

Banned
speedpop said:
What are you babbling about you fool? Final Fantasy and Dragon Quest were born on Nintendo systems. The penny has dropped on Nintendo before.
Square/Enix were NEVER as important to Nintendo as they were to Sony. N64 still would have "lost" if it had the next FF/DQ. What's more, the JRPG genre would be much smaller today.

zoku88

h3ro said:
NOT COOL.

Do these "artists" even know that Shiva in Final Fantasy isn't the Hindu God Shiva? I'm sure all you guys will mock my post but just because a religion isn't "mainstream" doesn't mean its rife for parody. Ugh.
You're overreacting...

fortified_concept said:
Suddenly I have this sadistic desire to watch Sony PR's and CEO's damage control about this clusterfuck on Sony's side. I expect hilarity!

wouldn't it be cool if they acted as if nothing happened, completely ignoring the matter?
as weird as it sounds, I fear it'll go that way

I foresee rotten tomatoes and rancid eggs:lol

Zzoram

Kastrioti said:
Achievements will automatically make the 360 version better, sans some exclusive PS3 DLC.

Except hasn't every exclusive DLC deal so far been for Xbox 360 versions? (except the God of War GH3 song on PS3 to counter the Halo song on 360).

nib95

Banned
Kastrioti said:

The PS3 version will have trophy and HOME support though. So it's really down to which performs better. Frame rate, visuals, number of disks, install options etc.

speedpop

Link Man said:
Square/Enix were NEVER as important to Nintendo as they were to Sony. N64 still would have "lost" if it had the next FF/DQ.
Which is why Nintendo didn't care when they left.

DonDepre

Banned
Kastrioti said:

Trophies says hi!

And, if these firmware updates of Sony with new features continues, probably PS3 will make us coffee and our children homework in 2010.

DonDepre said:
All that "What Sony have left" is bullshit.

Oh, yeah, Sony has lose the exclusivity of FFXIII (but not of Versus). But Microsoft didn't show any non-announcied exclusivity, except a Singstar clone and a EyeToy clone. No new Project Gotham, no new Halo (Halo Wars, but we alreade knew)...

If we count the exclusives, I think that's the first year when we see more exclusives in the Sony part than in the Microsoft part.
Settle down there tike, the show isn't over yet. And for 2 years now MSFT has dominated the HD scene with exclusives. This year is no different. They chose this route to not annouce anything new. Not because they didnt have anything to show future wise.

FrankT

Did Muppets say that SE stock had been hurt today by the announcement or who was that? Just saw this pop up on Bloomberg.

Square Enix Shares Gain on Microsoft Plan for `Final Fantasy'

By Hiroshi Suzuki

July 15 (Bloomberg) -- Square Enix Co., creator of the ``Final Fantasy'' series of role-playing games, rose the most in more than a month after Microsoft Corp. said the developer will offer a new installment of the video game that's compatible with the Xbox 360 console.

Square Enix gained 3.2 percent to 3,190 yen as of 9:32 a.m. on the Tokyo Stock Exchange, the biggest advance since May 30. The benchmark Nikkei 225 Stock Average fell 1.3 percent.

``Final Fantasy XIII'' will be available on the Xbox 360 console in the U.S. and Europe, Redmond, Washington-based Microsoft said in a statement yesterday.

To contact the reporter on this story: Hiroshi Suzuki in Tokyo at hsuzuki5@bloomberg.net

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601101&sid=aNgzD6PgernU&refer=japan

:lol

Dabanton

U K Narayan said:
Whoa. SO IT IS TRUE!

That's pretty cool!

I'm still going to get the Playstation 3 version, though. I imagine that will be the best version.
The company's in the dark even on technical considerations. "The content will be the same on both platforms," said Kitase. "However, we have yet to determine how many discs will be required for the 360 version. We'll have to consider the differences between formats. Currently the game is being built on PC, where it's actually functional. We're still focusing on making it work on PS3, so it's difficult to know how long the process of taking it to 360 will take.

Paracelsus said:
Did you miss fw 2.40/2.41 or something?
Even if I had a PS3, I'd buy the 360 version, cause my account has 2 years worth of achievements, and I have achievement whore tendencies. Sad, but true.

ari

Banned
DonDepre said:
Trophies says hi!

And, if these firmware updates of Sony with new features continues, probably PS3 will make us coffee and our children homework in 2010.
:lol :lol :lol

Tobor

nib95 said:
The PS3 version will have trophy and HOME support though. So it's really down to which performs better. Frame rate, visuals, number of disks, install options etc.

... which system you actually own, etc...

h3ro

zoku88 said:
You're overreacting...

Its offensive. I'm sure the artist doesn't know better. Its ok, already out there now, not like the site is going to change it. I just wish people knew that its offensive to some to have their religion mocked in a videogame comic.

Calcaneus

h3ro said:
NOT COOL.

You know what else isn't cool, the fact that this comic is just a fancy version of the jokes everyone has been making all day.

nib95 said:
Number of disks dosn't make a version less better or worse. And with the 360 now you have the option to download the entire game to the HDD for better load times.

NameIess

This announcement is definitely great news for 360 owners and somewhat of a smack in the face to hardcore PS3 owners. When you really consider this news in the bigger scheme of things I don't believe PS3 owners should be angry. FFXIII has been in developement for several years as a PS3 exclusive so the title should be optimized and developed for the PS3. There's a strong possibility the title could be gimped on the 360. If the title is a single disk release on the 360 then I would be worried, because obviously the title was held back to fit on DVD...

I just say people should calm the fuck down and just wait to see how things play out.
If the title is released on the 360 a year later on 4 DVD disk I would still feel I got the better game on the PS3. I do agree that Sony screwed up and should have locked up exclusivity on this title; what the hell was Sony thinking??? *Perhaps Square wanted too much cash to help offset development cost...*

SuperBonk

There are those who said this day would never come. What are they to say now?

h3ro said:
NOT COOL.

I see where you're coming from, but it's really not a big deal. I used to get offended by these types of things until I realized "mainstream" religions are mocked even moreso. Anyway, the comic is funny and not really offensive at all.

Hell, I think it's better for our religion if we don't make a big fuss about such petty things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom