• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII confirmed for Xbox 360

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nooreo said:
My whole day has been ruined man, and an hour ago i came up with one solution that will make my day's better!!!!

FFVII remake for PS3 only tomorrow!, If SE does not announce this. This will be fucked up lol
How is your day ruined, and how will a remake change the tide? FFVII was a system seller for the PSX. A remake of that same game will not be a system seller for the PS3 over a decade later.

KGKK

Banned
Oh well, I look forward to what Sony has in store for tomorrow
Although I will say Devil May Cry 4 and GTAIV were amazing games that still sold very well on the PS3...

DonDepre

Banned
Nooreo said:
FFVII remake for PS3 only tomorrow!, If SE does not announce this. This will be fucked up lol

I'm pretty sure that Square won't be in Sony conference. Well, perhaps, if securty double-checks the audience for throwable objects.

mozfan12

Banned
I believe this a smart decision on part of Square Enix.

Think about it, MGS 4 would have probably sold another million if they had released it on 360, Square Enix will not capatilize on that market and the core Sony fanboys, though some people are so pissed that they might not even buy it when it comes at all.

I have both systems, but the 360 is still going to be my main gaming platform. Co-op Res and FFXIII will be fuck awesome.

Nooreo

Steve Youngblood said:
How is your day ruined, and how will a remake change the tide? FFVII was a system seller for the PSX. A remake of that same game will not be a system seller for the PS3 over a decade later.
Why would it be treated any diffrent on the ps3 if its remade?, i know alot of people who want this. Actually when the tech demo was first shown i didn't know one person who didn't want FF7 remade

Tobor

DonDepre said:
I'm pretty sure that Square won't be in Sony conference. Well, perhaps, if securty double-checks the audience for throwable objects.

Yeah, the media might start throwing bottles in a press conference.

mozfan12

Banned

Think about it, MGS 4 would have probably sold another million if they had released it on 360, Square Enix will now capatilize on that market and the core Sony fanboys, though some people are so pissed that they might not even buy it when it comes at all.

I have both systems, but the 360 is still going to be my main gaming platform. Co-op Res and FFXIII will be fuck awesome.

Zzoram

mozfan12 said:

Think about it, MGS 4 would have probably sold another million if they had released it on 360, Square Enix will not capatilize on that market and the core Sony fanboys, though some people are so pissed that they might not even buy it when it comes at all.

They number in the dozens, on messageboards, and the millions they'll sell on Xbox 360 will easily make up for that.

-Rogue5-

I understand why this is a good thing for MS, but I still don't see how it will massively impact PS3 sales. I mean, it's a hardcore game, not a casual game, and the vast majority of potential PS3 users will be casuals upgrading from their PS2... Or am I being completely naive/unreasonable on how many people will actually upgrade to a PS3 (from a PS2)?

FFXIII is good, but like MGS, GT5p, GTAIV, Halo, and even Gears, I don't see it having a massive impact on console sales, which is probably more important for Sony, since they'll make more money off the Blu-Ray business (which is exclusive) than they will the crossplatform games business.

The only people this effects are the die-hard FF fans in NA that currently have a 360 and were waiting for FFXIII before getting a PS3. Maybe that's why Sony didn't bend over backwards to ensure FFXIII exclusivity... it might not actually be worth all that much to them. I guess I just don't see this being as big of a megaton as the rest of gaf does (and not surprising, gaf is composed almost entirely of hardcore gamers).

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Nooreo said:
EDIT: i love how every one is regretting their purchase of the PS3 because it lost exclusivity on FF13.

I imagine this PS3 hating phase will go away quickly.
There are plenty of good reasons for me to hate my fat, loud PS2 and it will not go away quickly.

duckroll

Tobor said:
Yeah, the media might start throwing bottles in a press conference.

I dunno dude. I heard they've recently perfected the technology that allows you to hurl objects into your monitor through live streams. Deadly shit.

h3ro

RobertM said:
But then you'll have to join our sandwich club.

Dude, I'm a card carrying member... I have all 8 of my PS3 games with some sort of Install on my PS3 :lol

I usually go with a nice hearty Chicken Parmagiana...

Terrell

Nooreo said:
My whole day has been ruined man, and an hour ago i came up with one solution that will make my day's better!!!!

EDIT: i love how every one is regretting their purchase of the PS3 because it lost exclusivity on FF13.

I imagine this PS3 hating phase will go away quickly.
Sorry, you must not have gotten the memo... remakes and ports only belong on the Wii. :D

Gaborn

So I'm SURE this is old, but just in case http://tiredgamer.ytmnd.com/ (since there's no way to search threads at the moment) and no, this is not the one that's already on this page.

Edit: so I was right, is old and I'm posting on the same page of the epic reader. Awesome.

AndresON777

shooting blanks
DonDepre said:
Don't understimate the people that works in Playstation games magazine. They know kung-fu.

:lol

Man this has been a great day as ps3/360 owner, funny stuff.

I hope tomorrow is just as funny but I doubt it.

Tobor

duckroll said:
I dunno dude. I heard they've recently perfected the technology that allows you to hurl objects into your monitor through live streams. Deadly shit.

Is that a new feature in Twitter?

KGKK said:
Oh well, I look forward to what Sony has in store for tomorrow
Although I will say Devil May Cry 4 and GTAIV were amazing games that still sold very well on the PS3...
But sold even better on the Xbox 360?? I dont get it...

for some reason, Mark Bozon is extremely happy for this announcement and decided to give a raving rave!

sood43.jpg

I know, but I'm kinda bored. Plus, thread lacks pics

Kastrioti said:
Achievements will automatically make the 360 version better, sans some exclusive PS3 DLC.
Uhh. The PlayStation 3 version will have trophies, which are easily equivalent to achievements.

You guys are really desperate! :lol

pilonv1

Muppet345 said:
Square just shot themselves in the foot.

I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but honor and shame are huge parts of it. It's not like it is in America where you can become successful by being an asshole. If you screw someone over in Japan, you bring shame to yourself, and the only way to get rid of that shame is repentance.

What this means is the japanese public, after hearing about this, is not going to want to purchase FFXIII for either system, nor will they purchase any of Square's games. This is HUGE. You can laugh all you want, but Square has alienated an entire market with this move.

Square, publicly apologize and cancel FFXIII for 360 or you can kiss your business goodbye.

:lol :lol :lol :lol best quote ever

Guled

I hear that SE has not started working on the 360 version and will not until it ships out in Japan? Is this true? If so dose that mean that we have to wait longer in NA to get this game since both versions come out on the same day over here? I have no problem with this game being on 360 (I actually prefer it since now my friends won't bash this game for no reason), but I don't want to wait any longer for this game then I have to

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom