• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIII |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

dramatis

deathberry said:
Good pointers there, but half way through the battle, after getting rid of the heads, he unleashes some ubercharged laz0r attack that just decimates my entire party which is at full health and all buffed!!!

WTF?!?!

But he doesn't kill you, right? What buffs did you have up? Just remember to switch to Med/Med/Med before the attack hits and then heal up quick after he knocks your life down.

Usually you can tell when the attack will hit because he charges up and he also rears back before unleashing it.

If it still doesn't work, you'll have to grind some CP to get more stat boosts for attack/magic. Level up your weapon, or your accessories, they will honestly help in the damage dealing/mitigation department. Another option is to switch someone out; I used Lightning/Fang/Hope for this battle, Defender doesn't help much but the character who's in Defender takes less damage (thus needs less healing, wasted time, etc.).

I died twice against him, ended up needing to up Lightning's and Fang's weapons to whack him out faster.

Adamm

Baloonatic said:
They seemed alright to me but I haven't used them much. I know I've gotten stuff on the day of release when pre-ordering from them.

I've got mine pre-ordered from Game.co.uk so I know I'll have it tomorrow.

Bah, i should have ordered it from game - i got over-excited when the CE was announced and ordered it on the first site that came to mind :lol

Zozobra

I don't usually play RPGs through more than once so I'll always play FFs with a guide so I don't miss any items. For those who have played it, is it necessary to use a guide for item collection given how linear the game is?

Can anyone explain to me what happened at the end of Chapter 7? (SPOILERS FOR CHAPTER 7)
Was the colonel gunned down in confusion by one of his own soldiers? What started it i.e. who threw the granades? Was it a random soldier or Cid's people?

ACE 1991

Zozobra said:
I don't usually play RPGs through more than once so I'll always play FFs with a guide so I don't miss any items. For those who have played it, is it necessary to use a guide for item collection given how linear the game is?

If you're talking about buying a guide, I'm sure you can find all of the information you'd need online.

dramatis

Castor Krieg said:
Can anyone explain to me what happened at the end of Chapter 7? (SPOILERS FOR CHAPTER 7)
Was the colonel gunned down in confusion by one of his own soldiers? What started it i.e. who threw the granades? Was it a random soldier or Cid's people?

He's not dead. Cid's people infiltrated his unit and yes, one of them shot him. But Yaag is alive and he'll be a pain later, that scene was just for dramatic tension. Rygdea was there to give the crew an escape route, smoke grenades were a distraction.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
neoism said:
Me too. I love it Been listening to it off and on for about two weeks!
Fav tracks
The Gapra Whitewood fucking love this track.. <3
Saber's Edge
Fang's Theme Definitely my favorite theme and my second favorite track on the OST
I love it over all, but FFXII's OST is my favorite of the series.. but it's also my favorite games of the series too.! :)
You are a wonderful person. XII, the game and soundtrack, were both amazing. I never could understand the people who didn't like it.

RS4-

Man, the chapter 9 and 10 boss fights are bullshit if you don't pay attention to patterns and such.

What's up with dome of the weapon attribs? One of Hope's is somehing about stagger lock?and Snow's is enfeeblement. It made it sound like I can't stagger enemies or dmg them.

hitsugi

could someone maybe explain how I saw Snow do a combo that did like.. some absurd amount... millions of damage? looked like it went on for quite a while. haven't been able to find the vid again D:

2San said:
Lol it's pretty logical. :lol

This is why:

dessertimage.jpg

I was going to post that earlier.. but since I haven't played the game I don't know if that's somehow a major spoiler or not so I stayed on the safe side.

YYZ

Anyone check Game Centre in Toronto or that place that was selling LBP early way back when? PS3 version.

Sometimes it doesn't help to call because they're paranoid and think they're being watched.

2San

hitsugi said:
I was going to post that earlier.. but since I haven't played the game I don't know if that's somehow a major spoiler or not so I stayed on the safe side.
Yeah I was in doubt my self, changed it just in case.

My good God, that Gamepro review was the worst-written review I've ever read. It was just a non-stop bitch fest and the end just basically says FF is supposed to be niche. Yeeeikes, AJ Glasser. To top it off, in the "CONS", one says (just in case, because I thought it was an unnecessary spoil):
"Super Pope is ridiculously unbalanced.
. WHY would you cite ONE boss in the cons? This leads me to believe this is an important boss or the last boss, in which you spoiled something for me.

gerargh.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
I think the name change makes sense. They once changed "Tina" to "Terra", because the name sounded foreign in Japanese, but perfectly bland in English. It was an improvement, at least to my English ears.

This is the same thing.. stops English players from going "WTF??"

hitsugi

BocoDragon said:
I think the name change makes sense. They once changed "Tina" to "Terra", because the name sounded foreign in Japanese, but perfectly bland in English. It was an improvement, at least to my English ears.

I also prefer Sabin to Mash.

deathberry

Neo Member
dramatis said:
But he doesn't kill you, right? What buffs did you have up? Just remember to switch to Med/Med/Med before the attack hits and then heal up quick after he knocks your life down.

Usually you can tell when the attack will hit because he charges up and he also rears back before unleashing it.

If it still doesn't work, you'll have to grind some CP to get more stat boosts for attack/magic. Level up your weapon, or your accessories, they will honestly help in the damage dealing/mitigation department. Another option is to switch someone out; I used Lightning/Fang/Hope for this battle, Defender doesn't help much but the character who's in Defender takes less damage (thus needs less healing, wasted time, etc.).

I died twice against him, ended up needing to up Lightning's and Fang's weapons to whack him out faster.

Died twice, then I just started attacking him during his "I'ma a charge ma laz0rs" state. This makes him flinch and his attacks is usually half the power, so I managed to survive. Finished it off with Odin :D

Cloudy said:
Wow, I just read the spoiler about Lightning's real name. Hope it's not a huge spoiler :(

Same here. Oops. D: I hope it doesn't turn out to be a big deal like they start talking about someone with her name throughout the game and then you realize it's her or something. That would suck!

Gestahl

BocoDragon said:

Tina goes with Celes for the whole Celestina thing though, but I agree Terra and Sabin were better names, references excluded. This situation looks like the same deal.

Tamanon

Banned
Man, I'd love a broken streetdate here, but in my area, we're lucky if they actually get games in when they're supposed to. Guess I'll be at a midnight pickup tomorrow.

OMFG I just watched
Nautilus Parade
FMV. This is bar none, the prettiest cutscene ever in a videogame. Fuck me, if someone after watching this will say games don't need HD they need to have themselves checked. The whole location just screams to have minigames put in.

Vanille

DarknessTear said:
Same here. Oops. D: I hope it doesn't turn out to be a big deal like they start talking about someone with her name throughout the game and then you realize it's her or something. That would suck!

No, don't worry, it's meaningless.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Castor Krieg said:
OMFG I just watched
Nautilus Parade
FMV. This is bar none, the prettiest cutscene ever in a videogame. Fuck me, if someone after watching this will say games don't need HD they need to have themselves checked. The whole location just screams to have minigames put in.

It was a huge tease though :/ If you look at the original trailers...

Mr Rivuz

Did really
Lightning
in the
Forest of Gapra
told me to follow the lights to not get lost? :lol :lol :lol

Despite linearity i'm enjoying the game overall, just finished first dvd in 8 hours and a half. Fights are starting to get funnier little by little, but it's still too easy. Only foe that killed me a couple of time is
Odin

Kagari said:
It was a huge tease though :/ If you look at the original trailers...

Did I make a mistake or is it really
Gold Saucer music
playing in the background? I remember hearing something similar in that game?

weird.... i ordered a limited guide from walmart last week. they took my money and everything. now the hold on my account is gone...... the order hasn't been deleted, but i'm scared i won't get it now :(

Durante

This game is soo beautiful. I've only seen less than 1/4 of it I guess and I'd already rank at least 2 areas as some of the most amazing locales in any RPG I've ever played. If this was on PC it would clearly fill an unprecented number of pages of the screenshot thread :lol. I wish I didn't have work tomorrow :/

Durante said:
This game is soo beautiful. I've only seen less than 1/4 of it I guess and I'd already rank at least 2 areas as some of the most amazing locales in any RPG I've ever played. If this was on PC it would clearly fill an unprecented number of pages of the screenshot thread :lol. I wish I didn't have work tomorrow :/

They went out of their way in doing
Nautilus
. The place is beyond beautiful, this is the first time that a game made me put down the controller and just stare at the screen. I was rotating the camera for 2-3 minutes, looking at everything around me. But as Kagari mentioned, the place is one giant tease - you will almost cry thinking what they could've made out of it.

D23

i have a 10 page research paper and other paper that i need to get it done before tuesday.!! i hate it when school is the only one that can stop you from playing this game :(

Amory

I have this preordered from amazon and I'm excited to dive in...but I suck really bad at jRPGs. In FFX (the last one I played) I hit a wall and just stopped playing purely because of frustration.

Oh well. I'll give it my best shot

I've haven't seen info about level scaling so if someone could let me know if enemies scale with your level or remain the same? (no spoilers please :p)
I hate when enemies scale with you, looking at u FF8

Dragon

Banned
I'm all ready to Goozex this sucker after watching the Gametrailers review.

Dandare4444 said:
Just 2 more sleeps. Roll on tuesday.

:lol This works for another Lost episode as well!

dramatis

DualShadow said:
I've haven't seen info about level scaling so if someone could let me know if enemies scale with your level or remain the same? (no spoilers please :p)
I hate when enemies scale with you, looking at u FF8

No scaling enemies. They have levels, but it's pretty meaningless since you don't.

dramatis said:
No scaling enemies. They have levels, but it's pretty meaningless since you don't.

Thanks for the fast response. Not sure what you mean by no levels (I've been a huge blackout so I've been trying to avoid reading things that may contains spoilers)

DualShadow said:
Thanks for the fast response. Not sure what you mean by no levels (I've been a huge blackout so I've been trying to avoid reading things that may contains spoilers)

Your party doesn't have levels, only Jobs do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom