• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT| World Full. Try again later. Please Understand

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a blast during phase 4 (I pretty much skipped the other phases, because I get burned out too much with character wipes). It was great being back on my legacy character, and I can't wait for early access.

Quick question, though. I found and used my legacy chocobo whistle, but I didn't see anything for my gobbue mount. What is the item that will let me get that back? Or do I need to reclaim it from somewhere?

Berordn

what does it say? site doesn't seem to work at work.

Naoki_Yoshida said:
Regarding the Error 90000 Issue
We apologize for the delay in getting all of you an update on the Error 90000 issue.

We have made adjustments to the database server on the backend and the issue has been addressed.

For those who were unable to participate in the Beta Test due to this issue, we deeply apologize for the inconvenience. We ask for your continued support in Early Access and the official launch of the service.

Regarding the Error 3102 Issue
Again, we would like to apologize for our delay with the update on Error 3201 issue.

The issue has been resolved after the maintenance that was performed during the Beta Test and we have confirmed that the issue has been fully addressed.

We have corrected the character data for all the characters that were affected by this error, and you'll be able to participate in both Early Access and the official service without any problem.

Once again, for those who were affected by this issue, we deeply apologize for the inconvenience and ask for your support in both Early Access and the official launch of the service.

I'm not convinced, but at least they're confident.

Ianan

Nice OT.
I've just been wondering something, I am sure I remember them saying Airships will be an actual journey eventually in the game, as opposed to right now where they are just a teleport, anyone got any info on this?

frequency

Is it weird that I really don't care for the combat at all (global cooldown?) but I am still super excited to play this soon. Here's hoping combat gets a bit more interesting past lvl 20.

I don't care much for the combat too.

But I'm even weirder -- in the opposite direction. I would rather the combat slow down a little more.

sooo if i'm just gonna roll with 1 toon (atm), i should just pay the entry sub?

no other penalties like smaller storage or what not right?

As far as I can tell, everyone's storage is the same regardless of the sub you pay for. The only difference is the amount of characters you can make on each server.

teiresias

Nice OT.
I've just been wondering something, I am sure I remember them saying Airships will be an actual journey eventually in the game, as opposed to right now where they are just a teleport, anyone got any info on this?

If so, hopefully it's optional because sometimes you just want to get where the hell you need to go in real-world time.

Also, I've not played many MMOs (basically just original Asheron's Call for a while and FFXI), but can someone explain how global cooldown affects combat versus the non-global cooldown approach? Not looking to instigate a war on the subject, I'm just wondering why some seem to have such strong opinions on it.

I'm concerned about something. I registered FFXIV 1.0 CE for PC,but since SE decided to fuse SE Members accounts, all the games I registered are gone. On my SE account it shows that it (1.0) is still there, but I'm not sure if I will still get access. They said if you registered the 1.0 CE you don't have to buy the 2.0 CE to play. Am i still going to have early access plus the CE bonuses?

How do we get early access for PS3 version?
What do we use to download the PS3 client with, is there a specific code?
I'm wondering because as a Legacy player I get early access anyway, right? But I don't have the PS3 client or a code to redeem it on the PSN. Bit confused.

Recall

So I know that it will be on PSN digitally, I need at least 12GB of space and the current build uses 8.5GB. I know how much to pay a month but now I need to wait and see what silly price Sony put the game on the PSN store for? Will it be a silly £59.99 or a reasonable price? Time will tell.

I'm concerned about something. I registered FFXIV 1.0 CE for PC,but since SE decided to fuse SE Members accounts, all the games I registered are gone. On my SE account it shows that it (1.0) is still there, but I'm not sure if I will still get access. They said if you registered the 1.0 CE you don't have to buy the 2.0 CE to play. Am i still going to have early access plus the CE bonuses?

I dunno about your account situation, but 1.0 CE gets 2.0 CE items, but only Legacy 1.0 players get early access without preordering 2.0.

Vashetti

Banned
So I know that it will be on PSN digitally, I need at least 12GB of space and the current build uses 8.5GB. I know how much to pay a month but now I need to wait and see what silly price Sony put the game on the PSN store for? Will it be a silly £59.99 or a reasonable price? Time will tell.

The early access code also redeemed a digital copy of the game for me.

Really dug the Beta despite 3102, im just really debating on picking it up off of psn, or just holding out for the PS4 version of the game. The fact that I now already have a built up character waiting for me is making me lean into just buying it now.

already bought it off psn, will play until ps4 comes out. Also, from what i seen on the boards the past day of so, its so much better getting the game off psn as you don't have to do all the registration crap.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
The animation in this game is superb. Watching my lalafell climb up onto her bed at the inn was pretty darn cute.

geinou

Neo Member
That is one of the most beautiul OPs I've ever seen! Great job to everybody who worked on it. Absolutely beautiful!

Worst game of 2010 somehow becomes one of the best games of 2013.

This is seriously one of the most unique and interesting projects in game history IMO, especially considering the developer and brand name. I don't think anyone would argue against the fact that FFXIV 1.0, at launch at least, was the worst game in the Final Fantasy series.

Having been playing since 1.0 ALPHA, it's seriously been a wild ride. I'm ready for the real deal now, the rest of this week is going to be rough.

Yeah, no doubt. I remember it like it was yesterday; playing the Beta for 1.0 and leaving with such a sour taste in my mouth. Now look at me, salivating at the mouth at the thought of Saturday morning (early release) and how much time I can't wait to pour into my character... Much respect to Yoshida and his team.

Zalasta

Regarding the Error 3102 Issue
Again, we would like to apologize for our delay with the update on Error 3102 issue.

The issue has been resolved after the maintenance that was performed during the Beta Test and we have confirmed that the issue has been fully addressed.

We have corrected the character data for all the characters that were affected by this error, and you'll be able to participate in both Early Access and the official service without any problem.

Once again, for those who were affected by this issue, we deeply apologize for the inconvenience and ask for your support in both Early Access and the official launch of the service.

I didn't post in that mega thread asking for character info affected by 3102, so can I assume by this post that my character data has been corrected as well?

SleazyC

Regarding subscriptions, from my limited amount of poking around I didn't find anything about actually paying with a credit card, all I see is stuff about paying with Crysta. Do we really have to buy a square bucks to pay for the subscription?

Recall

The early access code also redeemed a digital copy of the game for me.

I still have a sealed version of the original collectors edition FFXIV for PC but I would like it on PS3 as my laptop doesnt meet the specs.

I'm unfortunately not elegible for early access :(

Bulzeeb

not gonna lie, I want to try this game but I am not paying a monthly fee for any game, free to play / buy to play or bust

I dunno about your account situation, but 1.0 CE gets 2.0 CE items, but only Legacy 1.0 players get early access without preordering 2.0.

I was on a Legacy Server when I played beta 4 and have that mark, but I don't have that legacy icon.

Also I pre-ordered the CE for the PS3. Would any of that count?

But I was in the PC Beta Phase 4 and I want early access to the PS3 version, is this not possible? (I don't have the client on my PS3)

i have the same question

I downloaded both for phase 3 but skipped ps3 for phase 4

I'm assuming that client wont work so how the heck do I get my ps3 copy installed saturday

Vashetti

Banned
I still have a sealed version of the original collectors edition FFXIV for PC but I would like it on PS3 as my laptop doesnt meet the specs.

I'm unfortunately not elegible for early access :(

The standard PS3 version online is around £25 if that interests you.

If you get an early access code with that, it gives you a digital copy when you redeem it :)

Also love your avatar

geinou

Neo Member
I tried to input my pre-order code. It gave me an error with the messsage that Square Enix wants to apologize for the troubles they're currently having. And that they work really hard so that everybody can register their copy of the game before early access starts.

Now I just looked into my SE profile and it tells me that I registered the game today. Um, ok? I kinda doubt it worked though. Because according to you all, who could register your copy already, I'm supposed to get another code to complete registration?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom