• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn |OT2| Use a security token. Seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pookmunki

Was there a GAF free company on Lamia as well? Thought I saw that in the previous OT and realized that's where my NA character ended up.

I ended up there too when I finally got in.

Has a good 8 hours or so today before getting booted, levelled PGL to 11 and enjoyed it immensely.

squall211

vyFp8ZC.png

Obama's Eorzea.

Riposte

Hello OT 2, anyway currently trying to get a cutters cry group going as that dungeon seems to be cursed.

I (and a bunch of other people playing) got booted while a Kokoroon's Mail was suppose to go into my inventory. This was after our fourth DC'd (which is why we were waiting for the loot to automatically sort itself) and we beat the boss as a party of three.

MP recovers pretty fast outside battle. You shouldn't need to use it more than twice in a fight, even later on.

Ghostofst4rm4n

Neo Member
Yeah. New OT. Thought I was a shoe in for the new title though...

Are there any cross class skills a prospective white mage should pick up?

Korezo

Can someone tell me why SE chose this potency route? I see all abilities have a potency from 50-150? Wtf do they mean? I miss the old days where a skill was a skill and it did dmg based off your stats. I don't even know what are the best combos to use with this method, this Is making everything more confusing. All dmg look identicle.

Izayoi

Banned
You never seem to play when I do, otherwise I could tank for you.
I'd love to play, trust me, but the time that I have had available has been wasted trying to actually get into the game. Oh well.

As a healer I find that proposition frightening. Mostly when DPS jumps ahead and targets outside if tank targets. I'd be happy if more people used chat and could coordinate the pulls better. I try my best (new to healing) to keep everyone safe. But it's risky when I see the tank getting low and the DPS takes a big hit from another target. I appreciate the speed up but not at the expense of the groups safety.
I'm not talking about in the middle of a pull, here. My problem is tanks who stand around forever doing nothing, while time ticks down. I don't have all day to play like some people do, and every second people waste dicking around in an instance is a second I could be doing something more useful.

I'm a tank but I do kind of hate the dps not being able to pull system, cause I know some of my friends like to run around pulling and aggroing shit, that's just their playstyle lol, now they have to stand around and I have to do everything they used to do.
Yeah, kind of annoying. Hopefully it's just the lower level instances, but I'm a fan of games that let DPS do more than just stand there like idiots mashing a rotation. Maybe TERA spoiled me.

But this BRD in in a lowbie pt yesterday pulled EVERYTHING, sometimes before the pack we were on was even dead. Huge waste of my mana.
Yeah, not me. I've been doing the MMO thing for far to long to get ahead of myself, it just kills me when people dilly-dally for no reason.

I personally hate it when the DPS pulls, I'm a tank I have a pulling move, so don't worry about that. I even use signs on groups of mobs, and some of these guys don't even let me get the enmity.
I know you might hate it, but know that sometimes no harm is meant. If I pull something it is always deliberate, and I do it knowing that I will be able to handle it myself.

If they pull a mob which I deliberately ignore (because I'm focused on others or w/e) I just let them deal with/die.
Good. That's the proper course of action, to be honest. They'll learn eventually. Nothing will set somebody straight quicker than a gigantic repair bill.

At least for Marauder, the GCD for the class's native buffs and protective actions are fairly lengthy, so it wouldn't surprise me if they're waiting on those, particularly if they aren't getting buffed by a magic user consistently.

You also sound like the kind of person that yells at someone else that's doing a dungeon for the first time and - heaven forbid - didn't read a FAQ about it beforehand. That's fairly annoying as well.
I have yet to encounter a dungeon where you need buffs for trash pulls. Maybe later on, but when I can do most of the pulls with my shitty pseudo-self heal, there's no excuse for a tank to be standing around waiting for cooldowns.

I used to be a raid leader in several different MMOs, so maybe I'm more harsh than I should be, but it's still goddamn annoying. Sorry.

Jathaine

All of the analpain surrounding the login issues makes me think the game should be renamed.

A Rectum Retorn: 1017 Online

Riposte

A part of me wants to ask a mod to add a poll asking what is everyone's favorite error.

etc.

PROOP

FREAKING OUT MAN
I was on for a few hours today. Then I lost my internet connection and have not been able to get back in...

Riposte

Man, it's kind of sad that people are grinding FATEs and not running Dungeons. "WHM LF FATE Group!" *Sigh*

The sad part is what they talk about in the shout channel in between those FATEs.

Though it is unfortunate FATEs get turned into such boring, yet extremely rewarding content when you just zerg them down.

Khatoz

Man, it's kind of sad that people are grinding FATEs and not running Dungeons. "WHM LF FATE Group!" *Sigh*

While fate grinding is great to level up quickly, continue with the main story line. The end game dungeons can only be entered if you finish it.

So don't give up on dungeon running. :3

NeOak

Was there a GAF free company on Lamia as well? Thought I saw that in the previous OT and realized that's where my NA character ended up.

I ended up there too when I finally got in.

Has a good 8 hours or so today before getting booted, levelled PGL to 11 and enjoyed it immensely.

Yes, semioficial one you could say.

Message me (Asuke Shoyo) or my friend who is the GM (Yura Hiza)

Its called Ethereal and the tag is Magic.

so where is that gif from? some npc? a emote?

btw: glads and pallys. whats a good use of shield bash? it doesn't work on bosses, and the shitty gcd in this game makes it hard to interrupt the 'targetted area' moves.

Item Box

FATEs need to either get less boring or give less xp(except for the bigger ones), for what they're worth.

Or maybe both.

Wow I didn't know there would be a new thread.

Has anyone found a way on the PS3 version to save your password so that you don't have to type it in every time? It's a hassle when you're faced with the 1017 error.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
FATEs need to either get less boring or give less xp(except for the bigger ones), for what they're worth.

Or maybe both.

Once so many people aren't doing them, they'll probably yield more exp since you'll be contributing more. Unless they have a cap.

Khatoz

Or maybe both.

The spawn rate of the higher level (Coer, N. Than) fates will probably be nerfed. Right now they are similar to highbridge spawn timer during phase 3.

Varna

What did you expect? Dungeon running really isn't appealing. It's slow, all the gear is basically worthless (I imagine) and you don't get seals.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom