• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

IMBored

Exception being the early access code. You need to pre-order an actual PS4 version to begin playing on the 11th.

My Amazon pre-order will be canceled promptly on March 11. 😇

Actually, if people transfer the license from PS3 to PS4 they can start playing on the 11th.

If you own one collector's edition, you get all the pre-order bonuses. Regardless of which system you have the game on, and regardless if you do the free transfer or not.

You do not need to do anything. The bonuses will be yours on release day.

You're sure? He's asking about pre order bonuses (Caith sith doll, moogle cap), not CE items. If you don't have the preoder bonuses on the PS3, I don't think you'll get them for the PS4 automatically.

Sophia

You're sure? He's asking about pre order bonuses (Caith sith doll, moogle cap), not CE items. If you don't have the preoder bonuses on the PS3, I don't think you'll get them for the PS4 automatically.

Ah. I wasn't aware of those. I'm not certain. Let me look it up.

EDIT: It seems the PS4 pre-order codes are redeemed through PlayStation Network. So it sounds like you'd have to pre-order the PS4 version.

Actually, if people transfer the license from PS3 to PS4 they can start playing on the 11th.

Correct. The transfers will be available on the 11th.

Exception being the early access code. You need to pre-order an actual PS4 version to begin playing on the 11th.

My Amazon pre-order will be canceled promptly on March 11. 😇
Think you mean April 11th. I am glad that I get to play the game this weekend. It is kind of cool that you can play it early by pre-ordering. I would cancel my pre-order, but the stuff you get is pretty awesome.

Noi

If you own one collector's edition, you get all the pre-order bonuses. Regardless of which system you have the game on, and regardless if you do the free transfer or not.

There's the distinction between "CE bonuses" (Fat Chocobo, Moogle minion) and "Pre-Order bonuses" (Moogle Cap, Cait Sith minion) to consider. Owning any previous CE will get you the former, but I'm not too certain about the latter.

edit: wah, beaten

There's the distinction between "CE bonuses" (Fat Chocobo, Moogle minion) and "Pre-Order bonuses" (Moogle Cap, Cait Sith minion) to consider. Owning any previous CE will get you the former, but I'm not too certain about the latter.

Pretty much. The CE stuff came with any edition of the game. I think the pre-order stuff was exclusively for the PS4. However, you can get the normal edition of the game and still get the pre-order stuff. Yet, the CE PS3 is still pretty pricey and the PC one goes for 200, so the PS4 CE is worth the money. Sure I will be buying the game again, but I can always sell the PS3 disc because it is not locked away.

Sophia

Yeah, it's a bit confusing. You get the CE items automatically if you own any CE, but the pre-order bonuses appear to be obtained through a retailer and redeemed on PSN. So I don't think they can be obtained by any means but pre-order.

Noi

I think the pre-order stuff was exclusively for the PS4.

Nah, that's always been the default pre-order bonus for both releases. I got those two when I bought/pre-ordered the PS3 version last year.

I'm still running on the CE bonuses from 1.0. That initial investment still paying off. :V

Nah, that's always been the default pre-order bonus for both releases. I got those two when I bought/pre-ordered the PS3 version last year.

I'm still running on the CE bonuses from 1.0. That initial investment still paying off. :V

Ah, my bad. I was not around for the launch. Still though, now the only way to get it is PS4 though. Also yeah, I think the 80 dollar investment will pay off. I mean security code is 10, Art book 10, OST 10, In-Game items 10, and game 40. It is worth it IMO.

aceface

I actually canceled my special edition preorder and decided to go with cheap ps3 copy + OST instead. I'd like the soundtrack more than the stuff they are offering up in the special edition.

Hey all. So I'll be playing the early access on Friday. I have my CONJ up to 20 and my ARCN up to 17. I know once I hit 30 I'll be able to do White Mage, which is the plan.

That said, what other classes do I need to level up? Sounds like some people are saying I should level up THM (I think that's the right abbreviation) to acquire swift cast? Is that the case. Just trying to figure out what all I need to focus on. I have some friends that are slower than I am at progressing and if there's other low level classes that are useful to level that would be a good opportunity for me.

Also thank to all the GAF members who helped me this weekend. Played a few dungeons with you guys and you all were amazing.

NysGAF

Send me a friend request I'm new too so we can figure some of it out together. That goes for anyone else as well.

PSN: The_Octodad
FFXIV: Arya Hodor

I'm so much a beginner that I don't even have a PS4 yet. The plan is to get one this week (maybe even tonight) and I will be happy to add you then. I'm just waiting for that birthday check to arrive.

Reading through the |OT| I like the sound of the Conjurer class the best. I'll heal you even if you, "pull the aggro" or whatever.

APeacefulPanda

Neo Member
So, some of you are saying Amazon is supposed to immediately give you your early access code, but I never received mine. Pre-ordered collector's edition on March 23. Anyone else have this problem?

IMBored

Hey all. So I'll be playing the early access on Friday. I have my CONJ up to 20 and my ARCN up to 17. I know once I hit 30 I'll be able to do White Mage, which is the plan.

That said, what other classes do I need to level up? Sounds like some people are saying I should level up THM (I think that's the right abbreviation) to acquire swift cast? Is that the case. Just trying to figure out what all I need to focus on. I have some friends that are slower than I am at progressing and if there's other low level classes that are useful to level that would be a good opportunity for me.

Also thank to all the GAF members who helped me this weekend. Played a few dungeons with you guys and you all were amazing.

Don't forget the disciples of Land. I know that crafting isn't as exciting as battle, but you'll want to make some grip and don't depend on others for higher level stuff.

Soi-Fong

Have already started my own FC with a few people I met from Phase I. Still would love to play with gaffers though. Going to be maining White Mage.

I have so far a LV 28 CNJ and LV 18 ACN. Also have a LV 21 ARC. Planning on starting up soon a THM to get swift cast, but since I have my archer I will have my secondary job as Black Mage.

Add me yo: Asane

In game: Naoto Shirogane
Server: Ultros

My character: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2438584/

IMBored

Have already started my own FC with a few people I met from Phase I. Still would love to play with gaffers though. Going to be maining White Mage.

I have so far a LV 28 CNJ and LV 18 ACN. Also have a LV 21 ARC. Planning on starting up soon a THM to get swift cast, but since I have my archer I will have my secondary job as Black Mage.

Add me yo: Asane

Small tip. Add the name of your character and server you're playing. There's no search for PSN ID on the game, and you can only search people on the same server.

That said, what other classes do I need to level up? Sounds like some people are saying I should level up THM (I think that's the right abbreviation) to acquire swift cast?

You don't have to get Swiftcast at this point, but you're going to love it. It allows you to instantly cast a single spell every minute, which is a godsend given that Raise has an 8 second cast.

Each job pulls cross class skills from two other classes. One of them is the one you need lv15 in order to unlock the job. WHM can have ACN and THM skills. You don't have to worry about it now, as I said, but at endgame you'll want ACN at 34 and THM at 26.

Soi-Fong

You don't have to get Swiftcast at this point, but you're going to love it. It allows you to instantly cast a single spell every minute, which is a godsend given that Raise has an 8 second cast.

Each job pulls cross class skills from two other classes. One of them is the one you need lv15 in order to unlock the job. WHM can have ACN and THM skills. You don't have to worry about it now, as I said, but at endgame you'll want ACN at 34 and THM at 26.

Ooh that's good to know. I thought I had to get THM to 34 to get Swiftcast. Like I said, I have a LV 21 Archer from launch that I played before so there's incentive for me to get THM to 30 just so I can have another job (Black Mage) from being a White Mage.

Blizzje

Question about using one copy of the PS4 version with multiple accounts. Say my wife bought the game and we both want to play it. Will two subscriptions suffice or will we have to get a second copy of the game so that each of us has a game tied to the squareenix account?

Aeana

Swiftcast is a requirement. It regularly makes the difference between success and failure in an encounter. You should try to get it as soon as possible. i personally dragged my feet on it originally and I didn't realize how much I was letting groups down by not having it.

Soi-Fong

Swiftcast is a requirement. It regularly makes the difference between success and failure in an encounter. You should try to get it as soon as possible. i personally dragged my feet on it originally and I didn't realize how much I was letting groups down by not having it.

Which dungeon would you say it would be a good time to "have" by? I want to level up ACN as soon as possible as well to get Eye for an Eye. I heard combining that with Virus helps a lot.

Aeana

Which dungeon would you say it would be a good time to "have" by?
You could get away with not having it until you hit 50, but there will be plenty of times where being able to raise something mid-battle would have made the difference between wiping and finishing the fight, in a lot of dungeons. But the dungeons are braindead easy until Qarn or so, I'd say.

That said, what other classes do I need to level up? Sounds like some people are saying I should level up THM (I think that's the right abbreviation) to acquire swift cast?
I would suggest leveling up a THM after getting one healing spell because leveling that class without one is a pain.
You do not need the spell, but it makes long casts easier since it is an instant spell.

MechaX

Which dungeon would you say it would be a good time to "have" by?

When I was leveling my SMN, swiftcast became a very good thing to have around Brayflox. There were so many healers that didn't have swiftcast and the difference between a wipe and beating a boss really hinged upon someone being able to swiftcast-raise. Hell, it really lessens the burden on healers because 1) I had aetherflow, so I didn't really have much of a problem with MP, 2) Getting a Bard with Mage's Ballad is less likely depending on the dungeon, thus the possibility of a healer flat out running out of MP is very real.

And if both a SMN and a Healer are able to swiftcast-rez, that is even better.

Yeah, this.

I guess maybe my previous post could have been misinterpreted so I'll clarify:
By "at this point" I mean as a lv20 CNJ learning the game, you'll have very few uses for it. When you get the trait that lets you use Raise during battle (lv28), that's when things get rough, as it coincides with the first challenging dungeon.

Starting as a White Mage/Scholar at lv30 with swiftcast is a must.
Doing endgame content without it will get you intro trouble.

Question about using one copy of the PS4 version with multiple accounts. Say my wife bought the game and we both want to play it. Will two subscriptions suffice or will we have to get a second copy of the game so that each of us has a game tied to the squareenix account?
If you buy a single copy of the game and create two characters on the same account, you'll have to play on the same PSN account.
Each Square-Enix Account is tied to a single PSN Account.

Mesharey

Man the game/server is really emapty after the beta. :/

If I want to change my server I need to pay something right? How much? @@

jiggle

yeah swiftcast raise is a must
if only to avoid grieves from crybabies

Which dungeon would you say it would be a good time to "have" by? I want to level up ACN as soon as possible as well to get Eye for an Eye. I heard combining that with Virus helps a lot.

No later than bayflox

I must be a terrible whitemage since I have it with ilvl 88 and still no swiftcast haha.

I keep saying I will get around to getting it but omg leveling another mage class is not my thing (arcanist is 50 too)

But, yeah swiftcast is a must for raising people but if you are really really good at healing then it shouldn't be necessary.

Aeana

I must be a terrible whitemage since I have it with ilvl 88 and still no swiftcast haha.

I keep saying I will get around to getting it but omg leveling another mage class is not my thing (arcanist is 50 too)

But, yeah swiftcast is a must for raising people but if you are really really good at healing then it shouldn't be necessary.
People can and will die no matter how good you are at healing.

Aeana

This is kinda what's freaking me out since I'll be maining White Mage. I heard that endgame, controller isn't very friendly to White Mages.
I have beaten everything in the game up through Coil turn 6 using a controller. I play both white mage and scholar (main scholar).

+1 for Swiftcast. The amount of times it will shine through and become a potential difference in a wipe or kill later on during 8 man Primal trials/Coil is staggering.

No matter how good you are at healing, there are quite a few one-shots in raiding, and mistakes happen. So that comment really doesn't hold up, at all.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
damn, sounds like i really should have been leveling my THM (8) instead of CNJ (20) for my SCH build (currently 18 ACN)

Aeana

Swiftcast also isn't just for raising. An instant AoE heal is also an incredibly valuable tool. For pet classes, being able to instantly summon your pet if for some reason it dies is also valuable. Lots of things come up.

jiggle

Swiftcast also isn't just for raising. An instant AoE heal is also an incredibly valuable tool. For pet classes, being able to instantly summon your pet if for some reason it dies is also valuable. Lots of things come up.
instant flare is nice :D

+1 for Swiftcast. The amount of times it will shine through and become a potential difference in a wipe or kill later on during 8 man Primal trials/Coil is staggering.

No matter how good you are at healing, there are quite a few one-shots in raiding, and mistakes happen. So that comment really doesn't hold up, at all.

Yeah I guess I haven't done turn 5 or the extreme primals to need it yet. Everywhere else I haven't needed it.

Blizzje

Thanks, but what I meant to ask is: my wife installs the ps4 version on our ps4. We only have one copy of ff14 but we have two square enix accounts and two psn accounts. If i sub on my account, will i be able to run the ps4 version my wife has bought or do i have to buy a second copy?

IMBored

Thanks, but what I meant to ask is: my wife installs the ps4 version on our ps4. We only have one copy of ff14 but we have two square enix accounts and two psn accounts. If i sub on my account, will i be able to run the ps4 version my wife has bought or do i have to buy a second copy?

You'll need a second copy. The game comes with a register code that registers the FFXIV service to an SE account, you'll need to register in both SE accounts.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital

There's no way SE would expect you to buy two copies for one console. My son has also been playing the beta on his account on my PS4 so I'm assuming it will be the same with the full game.

You'll need a second copy. The game comes with a register code that registers the FFXIV service to an SE account, you'll need to register in both SE accounts.

Surely not, that's ridiculous. Are you telling me I'd have to buy another copy for my son to play on my PS4?

Could they pay for one account that allows for multiple characters?

Since they are on one console they won't be playing together anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom