• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn - PS4 Beta |OT|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korezo

Could they pay for one account that allows for multiple characters?

Since they are on one console they won't be playing together anyways.

Yes, one account can have multiple characters. But that account can only be used by the psn account it was registered to and only one person can log in at a time.

EXIE

Banned
I'd be interested in your controller set up then lol.

It is REALLY easy being a WHM using a controller, probably easier than any other class. You target party members by simply tapping up and down on the d-pad to scroll through the party list. It is very fast.

aceface

You can have multiple characters on the same account on a standard sub. But each account is locked to a psn ID. If you want to play on a different psn iD you'll need another square enix account and another copy of the game.

So, some of you are saying Amazon is supposed to immediately give you your early access code, but I never received mine. Pre-ordered collector's edition on March 23. Anyone else have this problem?

Never got my code either. If I don't get it by the end of the day today, I'll talk to customer service tomorrow

D23

Already have withdrawal s Damn. So should I just get the ps3 version and then transfer it on Friday? It's cheaper that way right?

I'm buying the game on the PS3. can I just insert the game in the PS4 and be able to download the PS4 version? I participated in the 2nd PS4 beta so I already have a character, I don't have to start the game on PS3 and then upgrade to PS4 right?

Number45

I'm buying the game on the PS3. can I just insert the game in the PS4 and be able to download the PS4 version? I participated in the 2nd PS4 beta so I already have a character, I don't have to start the game on PS3 and then upgrade to PS4 right?
If you buy the PS3 version, you have to login with that at least once before you can upgrade.

D23

Uh I don't think u can insert any ps3 gMe to ps4

Just tried PS3 version, font size and hud are way better than PS4 version (I know you can change it but still).

I tried to change the map font, but the biggest on PS4 is still way smaller than on PS3, which in my case makes it pretty much unreadable. The other parts of the HUD I kinda like better on PS4.

Noi

if i buy the disc version of FF14 on PS4 will that disc always need to be in the drive to play the game?

If its anything like the PS3 version, no. The PS3 disc is basically just a coaster that installs the client on your console and you can play the game through the client without ever putting in the disc again.

Number45

So can I login to the PS3 game with the character I created in the PS4 beta? Also, what happens afterwards? Just download it from the PS4 store?
Yes to the first.

For the second, I think this beta client is actually the live client (though this might not be the case) in which case you don't need to do anything other than launch it (and wait for it to patch).

ahuffman

Banned
Already have withdrawal s Damn. So should I just get the ps3 version and then transfer it on Friday? It's cheaper that way right?

Me too, I hate not being able to play the game today. If I wasn't getting the CE I would likely do the same.

I used to play this on my PC, it's decent enough that I get 50-60fps with most settings on high. After playing on PS4 I don't want to go back to my PC :(

I don't think I will play until I can play on PS4 again, capping soldiery will be a 3 day affair.

After a 8 year addiction to ffxi, I stopped cold turkey and decided I would never play another mmo. Fast forward two years and I decided to test out the beta this weekend for ffxiv and LOVED it.

The problem, I linked my SE account to my boyfriend's psn account. I really want him to play with me, is there any way I can change his psn account so that my SE account is on my own psn account? I didn't realize until after it was already linked. Also, is there a gaf server?

Gold Member
I played the beta over the weekend, it's really good fun I thought. Felt really weird playing an MMO with a controller though! Controls were good, I rolled a conjurer and enjoyed the starting area / opening quests. Graphics were pretty nice as well.

Anyway it was good enough for me to want to play more so I just pre ordered off the Square Store. Can't wait for Friday!

Haha about same, but 3-4 years instead of 8.

Ultros!
My mains were SMN/COR/PUP/SCH/DNC but my true loves were PUP and DNC.
Is ultros a legacy server? I'm pretty sure I'll be just focusing on PUG->MNK route. I was so tired of having to go to all endgames as SCH that I never want to level another mage job again, or if I do, I wont tell anyone :X.

I have a question about how the PS3->PS4 version upgrade works.

Last I heard, since I bought and briefly played the PS3 version, I should get the PS4 version for free, right? Is that still the case?

Is there any way I can tell if I'm definitely getting the PS4 version for free? I think I linked my PS3 account to the PS4 beta I just played this weekend. Is that all I need to do?

Will my access not begin until the 14th, then?

I'm looking at Amazon where if I preorder, I can get early access on the 11th. I'm almost thinking it's worth it because I'm not doing anything this weekend. But I'm worried if I buy a copy from Amazon and try to play it Friday with a preorder code, it will say "You already own this game" and not let me use it.

Anyone know anything?

plake

My mains were SMN/COR/PUP/SCH/DNC but my true loves were PUP and DNC.
Is ultros a legacy server? I'm pretty sure I'll be just focusing on PUG->MNK route. I was so tired of having to go to all endgames as SCH that I never want to level another mage job again, or if I do, I wont tell anyone :X.

Nice. Those came after my time. I was PLD and RDM main. Loved them equally and is kind of sad there is no RDM in this game.

I'm not sure how end game mageing is just yet but I did do some low level raids as a CNJ (WHM equivalent) and it was super fun! Was very surprised by that. Give it a shot.

I'm not sure but I don't think Ultros is a legacy server.

Last I heard, since I bought and briefly played the PS3 version, I should get the PS4 version for free, right? Is that still the case?

Is there any way I can tell if I'm definitely getting the PS4 version for free? I think I linked my PS3 account to the PS4 beta I just played this weekend. Is that all I need to do?

I'm looking at Amazon where if I preorder, I can get early access on the 11th. I'm almost thinking it's worth it because I'm not doing anything this weekend. But I'm worried if I buy a copy from Amazon and try to play it Friday with a preorder code, it will say "You already own this game" and not let me use it.

Anyone know anything?

C'mon, this was covered just a few posts above yours.... You'll get access the 11th.

Can we please enter this info in the OT fora few days?

IMBored

Anyone know anything?

Well since you bought the PS3 version you should have that license, that can be transfered to the PS4, but you'll need to subscribe again.
During the PS4 beta did you play as your old character? If so then you definitively can transfer your account, but check in moogle station if you have the service.

Edit: Oh, and transfers from the PS3 to PS4 start on the 11th, so you can start then.

Noi

yay, this is the confirmation I was waiting on. No need to do the PS3 > PS4 macro/hotbar/etc transfer again.

zeI6w34.png

redhot_

If I bought the ps3 version right now would I be able to load up my beta character till early access, then just do the transfer on the 11th back to the ps4?

Mik2121

Man, this game would definitely be so much better with a companion map to have your map and perhaps the chat window on another screen, instead of cluttering your main screen... :(

I searched for FF14 companion app but there seems to be only some encyclopedia thing and that's it. Too bad.

ahuffman

Banned
Yeah, I was gonna do the same. I'm sure they'll have no problem sending one.

I also never got mine, but I went ahead and spoke to customer service. I am just waiting for the promotions dept to get back to me, said it should take less than 1 day.

Edit: And I already got it! Good job Amazon.

suzu

Nope. But legacy and new servers are pretty much the same nowadays. The only really "new" servers would be the ones they made for the PS4 launch, I think. Also Ultros is where most of GAF plays! :)

DrDamn

So basically there's absolutely no reason to buy it on disc. I'm still on the fence about this game but might bite come Friday and buy digital!

Thanks.

Have we got any UK pricing yet?

If you are in the UK and have a PS3 available then buy the PS3 version then go the free upgrade route. £7.99 in store in Game.

Semper88

Just means that the client will be the same. Whether you have early access will be determined on an account level I would assume.

Ah damn.. i got fucked over by the dutch amazone.com (bol.com) they didn't send out my code...

i'm hoping on a digital download on the EU psn store.

Number45

Ah damn.. i got fucked over by the dutch amazone.com (bol.com) they didn't send out my code...

i'm hoping on a digital download on the EU psn store.
Now you have me worried. Haven't received one yet from Amazon UK! D:

EDIT: Yup, Amazon UK fibbed to me. Bastards.

EDIT2: Looks like I'll be able to sort it out elsewhere and trade in some stuff into the bargain. Win win!

JP

I think it's already been covered here but just to check I've got this right before I start, if I download the Beta version then I won't have to re-download the full version of the game on the 14th? I'm a PS3 player but avoided the PS4 Beta as it was so close to the launch of the full game and I didn't want to download everything twice.

Also, has there been any mention of being able to upgrade from the standard edition to the collectors edition to get the additional in-game content? I'm not willing to buy the collector's edition having bought the standard edition but I'd be happy to pay an upgrade fee.

Mik2121

One thing that confuses me..
If you preorder from Amazon and get your code, that means Amazon already charged you before the game got released? If not, what could stop you from canceling the preorder and just playing the game without actually paying for the disc?

Also, if we can play before the game gets released, will we even need to actually have the disc in the console?

Baby Milo

If you preorder from Amazon and get your code, that means Amazon already charged you before the game got released? If not, what could stop you from canceling the preorder and just playing the game without actually paying for the disc?

Also, if we can play before the game gets released, will we even need to actually have the disc in the console?

Can you buy this on the PS4 store?

IMBored

I think it's already been covered here but just to check I've got this right before I start, if I download the Beta version then I won't have to re-download the full version of the game on the 14th? I'm a PS3 player but avoided the PS4 Beta as it was so close to the launch of the full game and I didn't want to download everything twice.

Also, has there been any mention of being able to upgrade from the standard edition to the collectors edition to get the additional in-game content? I'm not willing to buy the collector's edition having bought the standard edition but I'd be happy to pay an upgrade fee.

Yes, the FFXIV client now on the store serves as the final client, although there's probably gonna be some patching on the 11th. Also, there's a upgrade from the regular edition to CE on the moogle station if I'm not mistaken, but I don't know how much it is.

I don't know what the amazon code is, if it's the register code then yes, that's all you need for the game. Maybe that's why they don't send the code out to everybody, maybe they charge when they send the code. You don't need the disk ever.

JP

Yes, the FFXIV client now on the store serves as the final client, although there's probably gonna be some patching on the 11th. Also, there's a upgrade from the regular edition to CE on the moogle station if I'm not mistaken, but I don't know how much it is.
Brilliant thanks, downloading now. I'll have a look about the upgarde too, I'm not that bothered if I can't get it but I'd be willing to pay a little bit for the extras.

Mik2121

Can you buy this on the PS4 store?
Not now, but if you go to the game profile, it says Disc / DL.

I don't know what the amazon code is, if it's the register code then yes, that's all you need for the game. Maybe that's why they don't send the code out to everybody, maybe they charge when they send the code. You don't need the disk ever.
Ah gotcha. I will try to contact Amazon JP then, because I ordered the game there and they haven't sent any email nor anything to me :S

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom