• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

I noticed that one of the bosses of Pharos Sirius HM is a Ghrah from FFXI. I only saw humanoid form, but it would be neat if it transformed like in FFXI.

zAcJSXi.png

https://youtu.be/dkRTO7co_Yc?t=160

Ayumi

You can't friendlist your own characters and can't mail them as a result, unless they are on different service accounts.

CJS4gv_VEAEngXn.jpg

1. You can only mail to friends and you can only add online players as friends. There's a way to get around this but might be easier to just find a friend to hold the minions for you and pass them on.

2. You can only trade minions that haven't been used and can be traded.
Okay, thank you guys~

Oswen

EU data centers work very well, my latency has improved alot and I can finally play ninja now.

Also good to see the Grah again, much nostalgia.

Ken

Sweet, another artbook.

Q24: Do you have plans to add 3.0’s Y’shtola and Ysayle’s hairstyle?

A24: We’re planning to introduce a set of equipment and hairstyle which will allow players to look like NPCs as Mog Station optional items. Minfilia’s hairstyle and equipment will be added. The price hasn’t been decided yet, but this one is female-only equipment. (Showed an image of characters dressed as Minfilia.)

Cash shop hairstyles. :x

Few people clearing out the IV materia on Ultros already :V
Not sure if that's a good investment, the points you get from IVs are going to be like nothing on 3.2 gear. I think it's going to be V or bust.

Going through the Q&A thread, they're adding a 45days automatic reclaim on houses? That sounds kinda short. Wonder if it'll start counting after the patch hits or if it'll instantly reclaim on patch day if the house has been inactive for 45days already.

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Going through the Q&A thread, they're adding a 45days automatic reclaim on houses? That sounds kinda short. Wonder if it'll start counting after the patch hits or if it'll instantly reclaim on patch day if the house has been inactive for 45days already.

After patch hits. That was mentioned specifically. Also, you regain 80% of gil for the plot so it's not like you're getting robbed... of that virtual thing you haven't been using for much anyway.

Ken

They released the info about it earlier in the week. Will probably be copied verbatim in 3.1 patch notes so here it is.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/424658bcd52a5737194a4088eb3e7ccabefa9954

They released the info about it earlier in the week. Will probably be copied verbatim in 3.1 patch notes so here it is.

http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/topics/detail/424658bcd52a5737194a4088eb3e7ccabefa9954

I see thanks, hadn't been paying attention to the game, just found out that there was a 3.1 stream and stuff. Wonder if I should let it lapse and get the 80%money back thing, it's not like I really used my house much anyway since they made gardening pretty much irrelevant. I just don't see myself resubbing constantly when I take a break to play other stuff just so I can refresh my house.

aceface

You know, the thing about housing reclamation....it says it will be reclaimed if the house has not been entered in 45 days. Does that mean anyone can enter it and it doesn't have to be the owner? So if you have friends still playing you can have them go in your house?

On Island exploration: Sounds interesting and not too restrictive. From the FC you can send 3 airships to the same island each with a full party so up to 24 people. After that you get 90 minutes on the island. It says airships come back after 20 minutes so I guess you could send out more parties then if people still wanted to go? Also, you can get esoterics on the island.I wonder if they will pump up the ESO drops to get people to do it or if it will be like 3 eso like the beast tribe quests.

On the negative side, you have to attune to 3 aether currents every time before you can fly there :/ Also you'll run into other parties and the claim system for mobs is the same as Fates. Get gaf'd

Tabris

I really hope KotR EX is challenging enough that a static will be preferred.

Watching that trailer, the thing I love about this game is how awesome all the content is designed from a visual standpoint. They just need to clean up the gameplay and make some things a bit more challenging and some other things a bit less (or have an alternative, I don't mind A3S/A4S challenge if there was something else for our group to do to break up the wiping outside the 30 mins spent clearing A1S-A2S).

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Hold the phone

Why do my Egis not look like these chibi primal minions? I need this.

NEED

Ken

I really hope KotR EX is challenging enough that a static will be preferred.

Watching that trailer, the thing I love about this game is how awesome all the content is designed from a visual standpoint. They just need to clean up the gameplay and make some things a bit more challenging and some other things a bit less (or have an alternative, I don't mind A3S/A4S challenge if there was something else for our group to do to break up the wiping outside the 30 mins spent clearing A1S-A2S).

The Minstrel’s Ballad: Thordan’s Reign
This will be a different from The Minstrel’s Ballad: Ultima, and it will be closer to an “extreme” difficulty. I believe it will be more difficult than Ravana extreme. It’s at a difficulty that can be enjoyed by those who have cleared Alexander Gordias (Savage) area 1. Originally we had planned to created 13 phases since it was Knights of the Round, but ultimately we made 10. We adjusted the battle so that it would be easy to clear for the main scenario, but the Minstrel’s Ballad: Thordan’s Reign is closer to the original balance planned by the developers. There are really good weapons on tap as rewards, and I think this will help those that are currently stuck on Alexander Gordias (Savage) area 3 and 4. Naturally, this isn’t a raid, and it can be cleared by those that have not challenged savage.

So no.

On the negative side, you have to attune to 3 aether currents every time before you can fly there :/ Also you'll run into other parties and the claim system for mobs is the same as Fates. Get gaf'd

That doesn't sound too big a negative, especially if they put mobs between you and the currents or even randomize spawn points. It'll be a fun adventure!

aceface

Thordan ex sounds like regular ex primal difficulty or even a little harder which is fine.

Nice that he's dropping weapons, that will be a good boost to groups in Savage since relic is delayed.

I want to play the game again so bad. I got my character to 50 and beat the game (with a few other classes and jobs floating around), and I was working on my relic weapon, but honestly I didn't do hardly any of the post game content before heavensword.

I feel like there's so many games to play, and I'm so behind in FFXIV. And the money T_T

Is there any way to make me feel better about subbing?

Tabris

That's a nice compromise. A1S is something that still needs a static generally or a good PUG server (i.e. Not Ultros unless you know the other people who PUG cause of statics falling apart instead of PFer).

So FC airships limited to 24 players. And unless I read the wording wrong, only FC airships are available for the hard content. Those big FC's about to split up.

aceface

So FC airships limited to 24 players. And unless I read the wording wrong, only FC airships are available for the hard content. Those big FC's about to split up.

Why? If you were to start a new FC it would take forever to get all the airships leveled up and islands explored again. And unless I'm reading it wrong it sounds like you can send out a new group of 24 people every 20 minutes.

You know, the thing about housing reclamation....it says it will be reclaimed if the house has not been entered in 45 days. Does that mean anyone can enter it and it doesn't have to be the owner? So if you have friends still playing you can have them go in your house?

The page says Private housing that has not been accessed by the owner, so I'd assume that no you can't have someone refresh it, unless it's a FC house then any FC member can apparently.

aceface

The page says Private housing that has not been accessed by the owner, so I'd assume that no you can't have someone refresh it, unless it's a FC house then any FC member can apparently.

Ah damn, I was going by what it said on the live letter thread on the forums.

Tabris

Why? If you were to start a new FC it would take forever to get all the airships leveled up and islands explored again. And unless I'm reading it wrong it sounds like you can send out a new group of 24 people every 20 minutes.

No, it's 8 people at a time per airship. 90 mins for each run. 30 mins cooldown. (120 mins total). 24 people total using 3 airships for 90 mins. They can be running at different times to different islands but you'll want to run as a group to take on the hard ventures they say.

So you won't have people starting new FCs, you'll have people migrate from the bigger to the smaller.

Think about busy patch time in a 500 person FC during prime time. How are you going to decide who gets to go? It'll be a lot of drama.

The alternative is the DFer option but that has greed only with strangers and apparently (unless I read it wrong), you can't do hard ventures whatever that means. That's FC airship only.

aceface

No, it's 8 people at a time per airship. 90 mins for each run. 30 mins cooldown. (120 mins total). 24 people total using 3 airships for 90 mins. They can be running at different times to different islands but you'll want to run as a group to take on the hard ventures they say.

So you won't have people starting new FCs, you'll have people migrate from the bigger to the smaller.

Think about busy patch time in a 500 person FC during prime time. How are you going to decide who gets to go? It'll be a lot of drama.

The alternative is the DFer option but that has greed only with strangers and apparently (unless I read it wrong), you can't do hard ventures whatever that means. That's FC airship only.

The way I interpreted it is the cooldown is for the individual player, not the airship.

There was this:
Q9: Will it be possible to ride on an FC airship that is already deployed on a voyage?

A9: No, it will not be possible. Airships heading out on an exploratory mission will return back to the base after 20 minutes.

And the question where he said that you might run into other FC members randomly on island made me think that.

Baleoce

Hopefully there'll be a lot of party finder potential for those without a decent FC who want to do hard exploration farming.

Ken

There are not that many 500 person FCs, and I'm sure a large majority of "big FCs" are more social/casual players that won't leave or cause drama over 210 pinks.

Suppose we'll find out in November.

Tabris

The way I interpreted it is the cooldown is for the individual player, not the airship.

There was this:

And the question where he said that you might run into other FC members randomly on island made me think that.

It's both. There's a cooldown for the player and there's the fact you can't ride an airship that's deployed.

So technically I guess you could have the next group not on cooldown after the 90 mins take the next airships then those previous players have to wait 60 mins instead of 30 mins. That's going to be some hard scheduling. It'll probably all be a moot point after it's been zerged to death over the 1st month but that 1st month will be a lot of drama is my guess.

Top Bottom