• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward |OT| The Midas Touch

rezn0r

Hi guys. Random ass question. I love doing the seasonal events, I haven't missed any since the start of 1.0. However, I never bought a house and therefore any housing items I get during them sit in storage wasting sort of a lot of space. Currently there's a number of halloween related ones... Does anyone know off the top of their head does this stuff usually come back for sale, either all the time or during other seasonal events?

I don't mean minions, mounts, or gear. Just housing items, and I don't mean on the AH. I just don't want to skip this crap if I should grab it now, even if I am stubborn and refuse to buy a house even now.

Thanks!

suzu

Hi guys. Random ass question. I love doing the seasonal events, I haven't missed any since the start of 1.0. However, I never bought a house and therefore any housing items I get during them sit in storage wasting sort of a lot of space. Currently there's a number of halloween related ones... Does anyone know off the top of their head does this stuff usually come back for sale, either all the time or during other seasonal events?

I don't mean minions, mounts, or gear. Just housing items, and I don't mean on the AH. I just don't want to skip this crap if I should grab it now, even if I am stubborn and refuse to buy a house even now.

Thanks!

I think they only started adding housing items to seasonal events this year? So we probably won't know until the events are back next year.

Edit: Are there any house stuff on mogstation right now? Oh, and you could always buy an FC room and dump the indoor furniture in there (up to 50 furnishings). :eek:

spent the last three or four days leveling dragoon to 47, realized today i just cant get over how oversized and ridiculous their weapons look

why did i do this to myself
yCvxcw9.png

Grisby

Credits are just now rolling on Heavensward. That was a pretty neat story. The last battle before the penultimate fight had me sweating as a healer.

Cept for the library jazz theme, the music was fantastic throughout. I liked the new areas too and flying is fun (although I wish there were some more quests/exploration involved with it).

Bit disappointed that there wasn't (HW story spoilers)
an entire getting the gang back together sequence. I suppose the rest of the scion crew might come back in future patches? Should I also take it that the MC has something going on with her/him? That look by the king guy kind of confirmed that I suppose.

Be neat if you're primal yourself.

So what now? I see that I can start the grind for these two new currencies. I need some better WHM armor because this pope hat ain't cutting it. When I got done with the original story stuff it was getting close to expansion time, so I just ran WOD to get some neat items (i'm somewhat a casual player).

Sorian

Banned
I figured out what's wrong with Drama's post. That is way more people than is allowed in a single party. I think it's shopped guys.

Credits are just now rolling on Heavensward. That was a pretty neat story. The last battle before the penultimate fight had me sweating as a healer.

Cept for the library jazz theme, the music was fantastic throughout. I liked the new areas too and flying is fun (although I wish there were some more quests/exploration involved with it).

Bit disappointed that there wasn't (HW story spoilers)
an entire getting the gang back together sequence. I suppose the rest of the scion crew might come back in future patches? Should I also take it that the MC has something going on with her/him? That look by the king guy kind of confirmed that I suppose.

Be neat if you're primal yourself.

So what now? I see that I can start the grind for these two new currencies. I need some better WHM armor because this pope hat ain't cutting it. When I got done with the original story stuff it was getting close to expansion time, so I just ran WOD to get some neat items (i'm somewhat a casual player).

Yeah, so getting your equipment is your number one priority now.

Once you hit i170 you can run Alexander Normal raid which drops upgrade mats to get 190 gear.

Once you're around i180 you can do Bis and Rav Ex Primal's. I think technically you can do it at 170, but most PF groups tend to require 180.

So yeah, at this point get your law gear, and then start capping eso's each week to upgrade to your i200 gear eventually.

Here's some details on how you can upgrade to each tier: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3938468/blog/2342792/

I'd recommend ignoring i180 unless you have a lot of seals that you aren't planning to do anything with.

Omni

Are there any i190 weapons in this game? I bought the 170 for my Bard but am I stuck with that until I save up eso for the i200 one?

Ravana EX drops i190.

The law weapons are upgradeable to i180.

I didn't even think about Ravana Ex. Not sure I have it in me to get another 10 clears though :p Taa!

Ayumi

so i can roll on ultros and play with gaffers until they pay for a transfer?

Think of data centers as countries, then the servers inside there are the cities.

Edit: Whops, I forgot to refresh the thread before replying. Sorry I was so late!

Edit2: Am I allowed to double-post in here?

(What is the best way to find a FC on a server? I see no search option. Do I have to resort to Google?)

Valor

Genuinely curious on what
the motherfucking moon
has to do with anything we're doing.

Do you even Dalamud, bro?

Edit:
Also, I just ran a regular Wanderer's Palace with someone brand new to the dungeon. Not hard mode. OG Wanderer's Palace. It brought back so many horrible memories.

studyguy

Do you even Dalamud, bro?

Edit:
Also, I just ran a regular Wanderer's Palace with someone brand new to the dungeon. Not hard mode. OG Wanderer's Palace. It brought back so many horrible memories.

I already fought and beat a kinder egg with a dragon surprise once, I don't need to do it again.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
Bring on the super low gravity jumps. That's what this game needs.

aceface

Odds we get a release date tonight? I'm gonna say none. They are dragging this shit out as long as possible.

No they will definitely announce the release date tonight. All the usual ramp up stuff is in full swing now: screenshots from Japanese magazines and the lodestone previews that tell you absolutely nothing. Nov. 3rd announcement would be nice but you pretty much know it's gonna be the 10th.

Trailer would also be nice but they'll probably just drop it 2 days before the patch like they usually do.

Wilsongt

No they will definitely announce the release date tonight. All the usual ramp up stuff is in full swing now: screenshots from Japanese magazines and the lodestone previews that tell you absolutely nothing. Nov. 3rd announcement would be nice but you pretty much know it's gonna be the 10th.

Trailer would also be nice but they'll probably just drop it 2 days before the patch like they usually do.

Ah, right. I thought the FATE wasn't until the 28th. It's tomorrow.

Squishy3

Odds we get a release date tonight? I'm gonna say none. They are dragging this shit out as long as possible.
Oh god, for whatever reason I thought I was in the Jojo's thread and thought you were talking about them announcing the air date for the Part 4 anime tonight. :lol

Nah, we're getting a release date tonight. I'm willing to bet it's the 10th and not the 4th though.

Valor

I mean, I get that people are agitated by the lack of updates, but to think that they're toying with us or dragging stuff out is kind of absurd at this point. They'll announce a release date, it'll probably be the 10th, and everything will be fine.

Dunan

So I was thinking about resubbing (got that pesky postgrad thesis out of the way!) and the last time I was into this game, Heavensward was the greatest thing since sliced bread, everyone was ecstatic at how much fun it was, loving the main storyline, digging the new locations, grooving on the new music (Ishgard, Idyllshire night-time)...

And now...

Now, the internet hates this game. Heavensward stock has sunk like Pets.com. Everybody's slagging it off.

We Gaffers are still playing, right?

I'll be on PS3 this time so I was thinking of doing some of the less-demanding stuff like crafting, gathering (I've never been a fisher, alchemist, or culinarian), learning how to tank (I've had a lot of fun so far), and maybe aiming to take on Alexander if I can get my item level high enough to get past Bismark Hard. I never cleared any of the Coil beyond Turn 5 (and that was almost a carry), so I want to take that on too.

If there are any newcomers doing pre-L50 stuff I would be glad to join in. My goldsmith can make you some jewelry, too.

Worth signing up, or should I wait until 3.1 finally comes?

So I was thinking about resubbing (got that pesky postgrad thesis out of the way!) and the last time I was into this game, Heavensward was the greatest thing since sliced bread, everyone was ecstatic at how much fun it was, loving the main storyline, digging the new locations, grooving on the new music (Ishgard, Idyllshire night-time)...

And now...

Now, the internet hates this game. Heavensward stock has sunk like Pets.com. Everybody's slagging it off.

I'll be on PS3 this time so I was thinking of doing some of the less-demanding stuff like crafting, gathering (I've never been a fisher, alchemist, or culinarian), learning how to tank (I've had a lot of fun so far), and maybe aiming to take on Alexander if I can get my item level high enough to get past Bismark Hard. I never cleared any of the Coil beyond Turn 5 (and that was almost a carry), so I want to take that on too.

If there are any newcomers doing pre-L50 stuff I would be glad to join in. My goldsmith can make you some jewelry, too.

if you havent done anything in HW it's still good (story is way better than pre HW)

Dunan

if you havent done anything in HW it's still good (story is way better than pre HW)

I played and finished Heavensward's story. It was amazing, and I agree; it trounces all the pre-HW story content.

The only thing missing was some more Hildibrand hijinks, and hopefully we'll be getting some of that in 3.1.

But is there still enough of a player base that I can do the progression dungeons on my alt classes and take a shot at the Coil without enduring hour-long queues?

Grisby

Yeah, so getting your equipment is your number one priority now.

Once you hit i170 you can run Alexander Normal raid which drops upgrade mats to get 190 gear.

Once you're around i180 you can do Bis and Rav Ex Primal's. I think technically you can do it at 170, but most PF groups tend to require 180.

So yeah, at this point get your law gear, and then start capping eso's each week to upgrade to your i200 gear eventually.

Here's some details on how you can upgrade to each tier: http://na.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/3938468/blog/2342792/

I'd recommend ignoring i180 unless you have a lot of seals that you aren't planning to do anything with.
Thanks man, sorry I didnt get back sooner but I was working. Good deal on the advice and guide.

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
I played and finished Heavensward's story. It was amazing, and I agree; it trounces all the pre-HW story content.

The only thing missing was some more Hildibrand hijinks, and hopefully we'll be getting some of that in 3.1.

But is there still enough of a player base that I can do the progression dungeons on my alt classes and take a shot at the Coil without enduring hour-long queues?
3.0 Dungeons are still about 5 mins as a lv 52+ WHM, not sure about older dungeons or dps queues. Your best shot for coil is probably to ask for it in fc chat friday nights if youre in the GAF FC.

FC pop has been pretty low these last few weeks, but it looks like the event has brought back a bunch of people on break.

If you're planning on lv'ing DoH/DoL classes its never a bad time cause that's solo content you can take at your own pace and each patch has new recipes & items you can gather.

As for Bismarck, I take it you mean Bismarck EX instead of hard? It's pretty much a faceroll at this point, you could probably get a carry for it by asking on help nights if you're in the GAF FC. If you haven't gotten into Alex Normal now is probably the time to sub. You need an 170 ilv to get into Alex normal & the new stuff in 3.1, subbing now should give you plenty of time to gear up for it via Law/Eso gear.

Mawarup

Neo Member
Hey folks was wondering as someone new to the game, do I need to pick up Heavensward now for anything or can I just wait and get the base game and work on it I either till I get to that point or it goes on sale?

Killthee

helped a brotha out on multiple separate occasions!
Hey folks was wondering as someone new to the game, do I need to pick up Heavensward now for anything or can I just wait and get the base game and work on it I either till I get to that point or it goes on sale?
Wait. You need to complete the 2.0 - 2.55 storyline to start Heavensward. The only thing you'll get out of it now is the ability to start your character as one of the dragon lizard race. Buy it when you get to lv 50 so you can continue earning xp while finishing the 2.0 story.

Ken

We need prediction posts!

3.1 on November 10.
All job relics shown!
Relics delayed.
Sky Exploration gear shown!
Sky Exploration loot is on a lockout.
New seal items added!
Only gobcoats from seals until 3.2.
New cash shop items to support future
Canadian
servers.
New Gold Saucer preview.
Lord of Verminion rewards but is recolored old minions.
More video footage of the new dungeons.
EXDR tomes decreased so players can enjoy more dungeons per week.
30 minute discussion on why the Afro isn't just grass texture on a sphere mesh.
Paladin buffs but won't say what.
Paladin buffs in 3.2.
3.1 won't save the game.

Top Bottom